Saw Suburban Legends & Less Than Jake & Big D Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThrashGlam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:15 pm
The other ******** amazing.

Suburban Legends is more pop ska dance? Awesome dance moves, though.

Big D played... FOREVER.

Less Than Jake played a lot of old stuff cause us smart fans like it better : P

<3

I got handed a beer, it was weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 am
Sounds like fun smile  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Mister Ska

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:37 am
Skanking when youre hammered is fun as hell, hard to stay off the ground though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:39 pm
I didn't even know that Suburban Legends were still playing. It seems like they either lose members from random band stuff or deaths. Cuz didn't two of them die within the past few years? Like one got hit by a truck or a motorcycle or something?  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:49 pm
evilbrainbabies
I didn't even know that Suburban Legends were still playing. It seems like they either lose members from random band stuff or deaths. Cuz didn't two of them die within the past few years? Like one got hit by a truck or a motorcycle or something?

dallas =[[ he was on a motorccle, accident, dead.

but they've put out 2 1/2 cds since then.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 am
I'll have to look into it. the last album I have by them was Dance Like Nobody's Watching. So I am probably outdated on that end.  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm
evilbrainbabies
I'll have to look into it. the last album I have by them was Dance Like Nobody's Watching. So I am probably outdated on that end.

yeah thats the 1/2 cd. lol. Infectious and Lets Be Friends... And Slay the Dragon Together are their 2 newest.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:56 pm
I went to a couple music stores today. And even the guy wearing a Toasters shirt said "who are the Suburban Legends?"

I don't know why I can't find anything by them. But I hit up FYE, Barnes and Nobles music section, and a couple others. But no one had any of there albums. Which upsets me...  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:51 pm
evilbrainbabies
I went to a couple music stores today. And even the guy wearing a Toasters shirt said "who are the Suburban Legends?"

I don't know why I can't find anything by them. But I hit up FYE, Barnes and Nobles music section, and a couple others. But no one had any of there albums. Which upsets me...

unless you're in cali or something, no ones gonna have their stuff. if you;re in cali. check out some hottopics. They should carry infectious. otherwise you'll have to order it online, or goto their shows to get it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:40 pm
That makes me really miss Cali even more. I'm more or less stuck in Florida. And you would think living in Jacksonville, biggest city in landmass in the US that there would at least be some decent music scene. I mean, we have The Freebird here. Great musicians of the south use to rise from areas like here. But instead, the only thngs that seem to spawn here are Fred Durst, Yellowcard and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Nothing that I can really get excited over, esspecially when I had to do audio for them and the singer was a total p***k toward the staff. So much for his song about pushing people around huh?

Still, I grew up all over California and knew all sorts of people, even lived a couple doors down from Monique Powell when I lived in Freemont, from what my sister tells me. Though I obviously never met her if I didn't even know she was there(or listened to her music until last year).

I miss the music from California so much. The change from that open environment of rap to rock, from punk to funk was always making me happy. But here, it's just mainstream rock, classic rock, and crunk... Or at least that is how I tend to see it when I work with the local bands and musicians. At least Gainsville and some other areas have some good stuff like The Know How.  

evilbrainbabies

Onewing949

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:30 am
evilbrainbabies
That makes me really miss Cali even more. I'm more or less stuck in Florida. And you would think living in Jacksonville, biggest city in landmass in the US that there would at least be some decent music scene. I mean, we have The Freebird here. Great musicians of the south use to rise from areas like here. But instead, the only thngs that seem to spawn here are Fred Durst, Yellowcard and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Nothing that I can really get excited over, esspecially when I had to do audio for them and the singer was a total p***k toward the staff. So much for his song about pushing people around huh?

Still, I grew up all over California and knew all sorts of people, even lived a couple doors down from Monique Powell when I lived in Freemont, from what my sister tells me. Though I obviously never met her if I didn't even know she was there(or listened to her music until last year).

I miss the music from California so much. The change from that open environment of rap to rock, from punk to funk was always making me happy. But here, it's just mainstream rock, classic rock, and crunk... Or at least that is how I tend to see it when I work with the local bands and musicians. At least Gainsville and some other areas have some good stuff like The Know How.

Ha you think that's bad. You can't imagine how horrible it is here. You couldn't beleive the amount of people that don't even know who the rolling stones are. Or even the Beatles. We get a lot of country/western and rap here. it always makes me laugh when I see some kid dressing like their favorite rapper. They get all pissed when you start laughing at them too. You have to understand that we are pretty much in the middle of farm country, yet people don't understand that they aren't in the ghetto.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 am
Haha. I have always been happy to not know that pain. But at least you feel better after laughing at a white boy trying to dress like he's one of the boyz in black.  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:20 pm
evilbrainbabies

Tampa has the best scene. But hey the long johns(Tampa), call for fire(tallahassee), out of nothing(pensacola), and maybe some other ska bands will play the area every once in a while. also, FloridaSka.com will keep ya updated, unless you're already on there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:11 pm
I'll have to check that site out.

Unfortunatly, I mostly only get to see ska bands that are christian, since I work for a church and a christian club. Murray Hill Theater plays ska bands every now and then, like the Skaskatones and the Send Out Scuds. Which is cool because they are going to play at the church I work at. So I shall enjoy that I am sure.  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 am
evilbrainbabies
I'll have to check that site out.

Unfortunatly, I mostly only get to see ska bands that are christian, since I work for a church and a christian club. Murray Hill Theater plays ska bands every now and then, like the Skaskatones and the Send Out Scuds. Which is cool because they are going to play at the church I work at. So I shall enjoy that I am sure.

Ahh, that kinda sucks, but send out scuds are cool atleast. I forget they existed for a while because no one has been able to get a hold of them for booking in forever b/c they're on a damn label now and shittt.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff