Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
September 08 Issue Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 am
User Image
volume 4, issue 9
on the cover: Yura from Honey Hunt

Inside:
Preview: Blank Slate by: Aya Kanno
First chapter of Honey Hunt
Normal Chapters of Sand Chronicles, honey and clover (2 chapters), Crimson Hero, Vampire Knight, and Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time
Manga Spotlight on Monkey High
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope
"DIY: Pencil Case"
"Cooking: Back-to-school Bento"
"Tokyo Shopping"
Videogames: brain-training games
"Schoolhouse Rock:" Three bands reveal back-to-school memories and music recommendations.
"Job Saving Manga"
"Black Peace Now:" This gothic lolita clothier comes stateside.
"Drawing with Yuu"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:22 pm
Thanx 4 the info! It helps alot! biggrin  

Vampirepenguinlover

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:50 pm
thanks, this months Sand Chronicles looks pretty good, SUSPENSE, dan dan daaaa. and I want to read Honey Hunt. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:15 pm
Honey Hunt was excellent! I'm very glad that it's going to be in the magazine every month. I also liked the info on Black Peace Now, I think they'll be getting some of my $ in the future. ^^  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:13 pm
I know wasnt it great? sometimes I get mad when a really good preview comes out and its not monthly! like mixed vegetables, or sugar princess  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:16 pm
I was kind of worried about Honey Hunt, since I didn't much like Hot Gimmick at all, but I really enjoyed it a lot; I'm really excited about the series now. :]

Princess Mahii
I know wasnt it great? sometimes I get mad when a really good preview comes out and its not monthly! like mixed vegetables, or sugar princess

Well...I didn't really care much for Sugar Princess, but I did enjoy Mixed Vegetables. So basically it's now on my "to buy" list. XD

kel aka gandy
Captain

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:52 pm
I liked the the new series Honey Hunt, and I think I'll be getting some of the recently previewed books next time i can. Time stranger Kyoko, Captive Hearts  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:02 pm
yeah, sugar princess is a bit, well, overly sweet, but what I really don't like about it, is that the manga-ka took a break in teh middle of the plot, and htey don't know if she is going to continue! scream  

Pandaccino

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:38 am
Princess Mahii
yeah, sugar princess is a bit, well, overly sweet, but what I really don't like about it, is that the manga-ka took a break in teh middle of the plot, and htey don't know if she is going to continue! scream

Yeah...I try not to get into series that I know are incomplete, though that doesn't work when you don't know that it's on hiatus (like Millenium Snow) and read it all anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:55 am
yeah, its so annoying when a really good series goes on hiatus, even more when youd on't know whne they will come back  

Pandaccino

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 am
Princess Mahii
yeah, its so annoying when a really good series goes on hiatus, even more when youd on't know whne they will come back

I totally agree especially about Yuu Watase -- Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden
and Bisco Hatori -- Millenium Snow  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:56 am
Luna Vampire Yuki
Princess Mahii

I totally agree especially about Yuu Watase -- Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden
and Bisco Hatori -- Millenium Snow

Well...technically Genbu Kaiden is still running, it's just on an (incredibly) irregular schedule in Japan, so basically one volume comes out a year. sweatdrop
But definitely Millenium Snow. However, I'm pretty sure Ouran is running down, so hopefully finishing Millenium Snow is what's next for Hatori...hopefully she doesn't pull a CLAMP and not ever go back to it...

kel aka gandy
Captain

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:42 pm
this is on topic but on topic to the recen topic(woah) but just adding, the whole Zen thing, creepsy.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 am
Princess Mahii
this is on topic but on topic to the recen topic(woah) but just adding, the whole Zen thing, creepsy.

Yeah, sorta.; but I really liked it, plus it's only 2 volumes, so that's only gonna be 20 bucks outta my college student's pocket. :]

kel aka gandy
Captain

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:59 pm
so much manga, not enoguh cash on hand  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games