Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:03 pm
User Image

Bavu was a little on the nervous side. It was his first day in the new pride and he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing. There was a biting thought in the back of his mind to run, but to what end? He didn't know where they had taken him or how far it was from his mother. Leaving now would mean probably getting lost and starving to death somewhere.

Not a great idea.

So he sat on a large stone in the middle of a small clearing, observing the area tentatively as he debating his actions. The only conclusion he could come to was that he was much too young to be worrying about all this crap. Why hadn't it been a dream? If only. Whimpering softly, he looked at his paws, ears flattening against his head. He missed his mother, even if she had more or less allowed him to get captured.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:52 pm
User Image

It wasn't long before Nyota came upon the clearing where Bavu rested. Although at first he was going to ignore the cub, a quick glance at the demon's eyes made him choose otherwise. With a dark purr, he waltzed closer to his cousin, bone jewelry clinking together with each graceful step.

And when, at last, he was at the boulder beside Bavu, he smirked.

"I haven't seen you around before... Mother said she brought a new demon..."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:31 pm
Bavu damn near jumped out of his skin when he heard someone start speaking, his head snapping in the direction of the voice. He looked at the lion cub who had decided to come over to him, his body tensing as he offered a slight nod of his head in greeting. These lions were supposed to be demons, right? Maybe it was better to keep on his toes just in case.

He didn’t know what to expect in this place; but considering he had been brought to it by force he wasn’t about to take it lightly.

“That’s right…” he said lowly, only half convinced that he really was a demon, “my name is Bavu…. Who are you?” he looked over the creature’s jewelry, fascinated. They certainly knew how to dress in this pride.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:26 pm
"I am Nyota'Angavu, first born of Verge'lian," Nyota purred, hopping up onto the rock to sit next to Bavu. His claws flexed slightly and his tail twitched as he looked his cousin in the eyes. "You are a true demon... You have the eyes, Bavu."

It may not have been what the leopon wanted to hear, but it was neither cruel nor kind. It was a statement of fact, in Nyota's own darkly smooth way.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:32 pm
Watching the other, Bavu could but blink at the comment. The eyes. It was true that he and this Nyota had the same color eyes, but did that really mean he was supposed to be a member of the demon pride? Maybe this cub would be more helpful to him than the adults.

At least he wasn't completely horrified in the company of the young lion.

"Nyota'An..." oh, crap, he'd forgotten the rest of it, "Nyota... what's so important about being a demon? Why was I taken from my home?" He doubted this cub had any answers for him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 pm
Nyota couldn't help but chuckle as Bavu shortened his name. But at the questions, he gave a thoughtful hum, tail swishing behind him. After a long moment, he decided on an answer.

"Being a demon is all I've known. It is a great responsibility to hold this much power. There will come a time when non-demons fall to us. Being a demon means survival... You were taken because you were the strongest. You have the most potential."

He was surprisingly wise for a cub.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:54 pm
Waiting was difficult when he was feeling so uncomfortable, but he knew he couldn't rush this little cub. There was a good chance that the boy was older than he was, and he certainly seemed more use to things. Making him upset could spell trouble for him. Regardless of how nice his captors had been, they had still stolen him.

When Nyota finally replied, he nodded. "Oh," he muttered, "that's what the female who took me said. The one who's supposed to be my mom's sister." but what about being a demon made them any stronger than other animals? He didn't ask.

"So do... you... like it here?" he asked, "I mean... what do you do for fun?"

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff