Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So, who's gonna get Spore? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 am
Spore will be out soon, and they are really hyping it up here in Australia. But I was already sold on the idea when Will Wright mentioned the concept a few years ago.

I am refusing to play the trial version. I am gonna get the full version when it is available and see the full scope of tools available!

I am a console gamer at heart, but this game really intrigues me. I am so gonna get it!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:51 am
Honestly, my scope of gaming info hasn't really touched well on Spore, but from what I know/remember, it looks like it would be a good addition to any gaming library. 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:29 am
I got the creature creator, which was kinda fun to play with, but I dunno if I want the full game any more.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 am
I don't know anything about this game besides the fact that you make monsters. What else do you do?  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:50 am
Deathguiser
I don't know anything about this game besides the fact that you make monsters. What else do you do?

The creature creator they released just lets you make monsters with all the parts in the game. The full game you start as a spore and you eventually evolve into a species that visits other planets.

It's also on the wii if you really want to console game.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:40 am
From the official Spore website:

CREATE Your Universe from Microscopic to Macrocosmic - From tide pool amoebas to thriving civilizations to intergalactic starships, everything is in your hands.

EVOLVE Your Creature through Five Stages - It’s survival of the funnest as your choices reverberate through generations and ultimately decide the fate of your civilization.

EXPLORE your world and beyond - Will you rule, or will your beloved planet be blasted to smithereens by a superior alien race?

SHARE with the World - Everything you make is shared with other players and vice versa, providing tons of cool creatures to meet and new places to visit.

I watched the trailer on YouTube, you create your creature, they learn stuff, they can make peace or war with others, they can battle, gain intelligence, and eventually conquer the universe.  

Undine Mystic

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:11 am
God.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 am
I don't know if I'll be getting it but my friend is going completely insane waiting for it.He spends a good 10 hours a day watching spore vids.  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:35 am
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
I don't know if I'll be getting it but my friend is going completely insane waiting for it.He spends a good 10 hours a day watching spore vids.

That's almost equivalent to Halo fandom. That's insane.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm
i'll get it, if im not still playing WoW.  

Iceman137

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:43 pm
Can I send my monster to other peoples games to brutally kill their much smaller and more innocent creatures? That would make the game very cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:13 pm
Deathguiser
Can I send my monster to other peoples games to brutally kill their much smaller and more innocent creatures? That would make the game very cool.

I am pretty sure you are able to import their monsters (and worlds) and add them to your own game, so in a way it is feasible.  

Undine Mystic

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Undine Mystic
Deathguiser

I am pretty sure you are able to import their monsters (and worlds) and add them to your own game, so in a way it is feasible.

So, yes I can kill my friend's monsters with my own? Then sweet.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:20 pm
I plan on getting this game, though it will be 10 times better if I can evolve my monsters to shoot lasers out of their eyes.  

nitnit
Captain

BanditoBoy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:46 am
I think the game actually looks very intertaining and since theres almost limitless customization it will probably be addicting. Has anyone heard of the DS version?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff