Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
What's your Twilight tradition? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atomic Chica

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:57 am
Do you have any rituals for Twilight-reading? What do you always do (or not do) right before cracking open a new book in the series?

Me, I like to eat lasagna while I read the Twilight books. I dunno, there's just something about Bella and Italian food that seem to go hand in hand. Unfortunately, I'll be in a car on the way to Canada tomorrow as I read Breaking Dawn, so I'll just have to settle for a meatball sub from Subway.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:46 am
If anything, I stay in my room and dont comeout unless I need to use the bathroom or eat. If I eat I bring the food upstairs and eat while I read. =3 I also enjoy quiet time.  

La Beaute

shizzieshiz

Tipsy Lunatic

9,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 am
I usually grab a sandwich (made of something that won't spoil if not eaten right away), candy, 2 or 3 cans of diet dr. pepper and stay in my room until I'm finished. I did the same thing for HP.

It's good times! My family is already prepared for not seeing me until tomorrow afternoon some time.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:58 am
When i get a new twilight book I....

1. bounce up and down in the car until i get home
2. as soon as i get home, i grab the book and run to my room
3. i get in a comfortable position on my bed (i'm gonna be laying there a while) and i lock myself from the outside world until i'm done

:3  

vanny_jae

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 pm
i like to read it slowly, taking in every word. i take breaks in between, at real high climatic points, just as cruel punishment to myself razz unfortunately, my family could care less if im in my room reading the best thing in my life, they usually interrupt me for absolutely pointless things. "sam! come here! theres a really cute cat on tv." (or something equally as pointless) butnow that my sister has started reading the books (im so proud of her, she started reading twilight a couple weeks ago and is now finished everything, just waiting for breaking dawn), maybe it will be better..  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 pm
vanny_jae
When i get a new twilight book I....

1. bounce up and down in the car until i get home
2. as soon as i get home, i grab the book and run to my room
3. i get in a comfortable position on my bed (i'm gonna be laying there a while) and i lock myself from the outside world until i'm done

:3

3nodding I so total agree on that one. And to add, I'll stay up until I've finished the book. Then I get out of room get some food say hi to whoever I see from the outside world then disappear back into my room (to sleep and probably read again of course)  

haloeclipse270

RejectedLimpet

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:25 am
Hm, I stumbled across the Twilight books on Amazon and ordered all 3 of them, on a whim. Turned out the be the best thing i've ever bought but anyways, i also bought two Linkin Park CD's at the same time and they arrived together. So, when i first read the books, the only music i listened to was Linkin Park, which kind of got me more ingrossed in the books because of the moods of the music. So now, everytime i read a twilight book, i listen only to Linkin Park.
The albums were Hybrid theory and Meteroa 4laugh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:40 pm
it only takes me a couple of houirs to read the books so i tend to read them at about 6 or 7 and finish with enough time to get to bed. during that time i will eat and drink something. usually if I read about a certin food I will want that food so i normally eat that. or I will talk on the phone (speaker so I can be hands free to read) and then do a play by play for my friend  

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

Evelyn598

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:20 pm
I've officcially made myself sick while reading Breaking Dawn xd
My mom says it was from lack of sleep. I completely agree.
I got my book at 12:01 (FIRST PERSON IN LINE, BEAT THAT!) AM, got home at 12:05, and finished the book at 4 in the morning. I've been running on Red Bull today XD I hate my part time job... I put in for the day off today and they assign me for opening up shop...
SO YEAH! SACRIFICE HEALTH FOR THE BEST FREAKING BOOK EVER!

Yeah... I just cuddled up on the couch, opened the book, and never moved until I was done.
That's my usual tradition. Curl up on the couch, refuse to move. Finish book a few hours later.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:07 pm
My Twilight tradition is as follows:

1. I buy the book and get home as soon as I can
2. I lock myself in my room and turn everything off except for my t.v as background noise( I can't read in total silence)
3.If it is a school night I still read it until I am finished

I only leave my room if it is a must like if I am starving or if my bladder is going to explode.  

strawberry monochrome

jade_onyx_1595

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:43 pm
this is what i do for my traditon:

1. im squeeing in the car and yell at mom/dad to hurry up and get home
2. i run to my bed take out my rolly pillow and put under my neck
3. start reading
4. finish reading and read again
5. repeat #4
6. go to bed.

thats what i do peeps!!!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:47 pm
My sister was lauging at what I wrote and she says as follows...

"She doesn't stop reading the book even though we call her to dinner and other stuff she will literally bring the book down read while eating and she has practiced this alot. While she walks she reads and I tell you this she has about as much balance as bella because she will hit into everything with or without her head in a book. I think she would never get to sleep if she had the choice because our father eventually takes the book and puts it on her highest shelf in her room and forces her to sleep. And then she cries herself tosleep. Yup thats my big sissy for you."  

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

Born Despair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:11 pm
I light a sandalwood and lemongrass incence and light cinnamon candles. It reminds me of fall. Then I'll make dinner and sit in a pillow chair and read. Quite the relaxing feeling.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:52 am
1. i go home, making sure the coast is clear
2. i close my door, shutting every single noise producer away from me
3. i wrap myself in a comforter *yes, i do that too in the summer...*
4. i shut the blinds
5. i open the table lamp
6. i start reading until the sun rises again.

3nodding  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out