Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:49 am
User Image

Hakuna hated being out of commission. And she HATED limping. Stupid sister had managed to catch her front leg this time! Ugh...The blood-colored lioness sighed and sat as close to the base of the volcano as she could without actually being on the stone. She had brought another demon to the pride, one of her own blood...

And he was sleeping soundly. It would take her nephew a few days to get used to rising with the sunset, instead of sunrise. So she decided to lay off playing 'nanny' for a bit. He wouldn't be able to run far anyhow. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath...thought of the shifting liquid fire within the belly of the volcano, and the writhing demon that rest beside her own soul.

She would heal soon. She would return to her duties as a guard. And outsiders would learn to fear the No-named demon that patrolled the lands of Aikanaro'hini. Hakuna smiled. Yes...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:43 pm
User Image

Since her brother, Ezriel, had awakened from his long slumber Pele had yet to finally find time to be by herself and continue ressurecting the other slumbering giants within the great mountain ridges. Already she had revived the fiery, molten blood to flow once again through the volcanoes veins and tubes with a newfound breath of life as steam and heat seeped through the crevaces and fissures that fragmented the surface. Though the days journey was to focus upon a particular Volcano which seemed to be the center of an unknown pride. Although the Goddess listened to the praise, prayers and cries of whoever offered them to her domain, Pele herself felt somewhat out of place and uncertain of herself. Though she shook of such thoughts and feelings almost instantly, sweeping them into the confines of her mind as she pounded her wings against the air.

Her large, black wings extended outwards as she was coming upon the place where liquid fire of a'a' and pahoehoe resided within an active home. She couldn't help but smile just a bit, chuckling to herself as already that pungent smell of sulfur could be detected within the air only drawing her closer into its range. While glowing, near golden orbs reflected and stood out against the night, Pele descended down as her wings snapped backwards in resistance.

As her body lowered towards the ground, the Goddess managed to land easily and with a subtle thump adorned with the sound of clinking chains and a low grunt. Pele remained unaware of where she was or even if anyone was around but such things were the least of her worries and didn't concern her- for now her attention was drawn towards the volcano which lay beneath her paws and its real lifes blood underground. Although with life restored to the once slumbering giant there wasn't much to do except soak up what heat it could offer and let her mind relax for once. Pele tucked her wings to her side as she stood there, a soft breath exhaling from her nostrils while the light breeze caused her fiery mane's flames to sway slightly along with those which set her right paw a-blaze.

She pursed her lips slightly while her brows knitted. Try as she might she couldn't find words to speak or even say anything but her mind already was gaining the upperhand in constricting her with thoughts and feelings from the recent days.

Rather than simply standing there the Goddess shook her head and slowly began to meander. Where? She wasn't sure but sooner or later she'd figure it out.

Kijani

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:51 pm
Faint sounds caught her ears and Hakuna couldn't help but open orange-amber eyes and look about. What...had an intruder managed to get past the border patrols?! And then she noticed the heavy smell that surrounded the volcano was a little stronger, and the great hell gate seemed more...alive. She growled, intent to find out what was going on.

Limping, she stalked about the volcano's base, eyes wandering to pick out the source of the sound. When she finally spot the cause...she couldn't help but stare. A god, with moving flames that seemed to be part of it. How...she doubted this god was Sparda or Morifaer...so what in hell was this god doing here?

"Excuse me, holy one...but what in blazes are you doing here?" Hakuna tried to be polite...after all, she was insane, but NOT stupid. A god could easily eat her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:09 pm
The warm air and heat that rose from out of the grounds seemed to soothe her inner turmoil at the moment while a strange feeling, one as if she was being watched kept pricking at her nerves. Pele rustled her wings against her sides, tail flicking behind her as the small wings which adorned her tail fluttered hesitantly. As she walked she refrained from looking behind her while the ground underfoot seemed to pulsate with a quiver- a small warning, perhaps, to the unknown being who seemed closeby as the volcano gave a low rumble and a plume of smoke from out of its mouth. Though aside from the slight sensation of alarm, the Goddess kept her mind silent as thoughts and recollections all but consumed it once again.

But that was rather short lived.

As if expected sooner or later a voice sounded and Pele halted in her tracks as her glowing, golden orbs settled upon the figure. Though the night shrouded the land in shadows Pele was fortunate to see clearly and simply flicked an ear as she looked towards the lioness.

"Bringin' life's blood back inta' 'da volcano," she simply replied though with a strange accent, something that seemed quite strange to the ears. "Lava tubes been sealin' up an' can' let it take its slumba' jus' yet. One of ta' few active volcanoes I keep a close eye on." It seemed a silly question to ask what she was doing her as she was simply fulfilling her duty though, on the other paw, she didn't expect everyone to know her or even recognize her as a deity or her domain. Black brows knitted slightly as her fiery mane atop her head and neck continued to kindle, wisping slightly by means of the passing breeze while the flames which consumed her front paw was slowly melting the rock underneath.

"I am Pele- Goddess of Volcanoes. Though shouldn' ta' question be what are you doin' out here? The stretch of a'a rocks 'dat can slice flesh wid' ease and tear inta' ya' paws wid' a faulty step can make ya' maki or dead wid' a wrong step. An' yet you stan' watch?"

She was confused though one could be certain that her manner of speaking was just as confused as she was. It had been a long time since she had returned back to these lands and her knowledge of local prides, coalition and bands of rebels was faint though she was trying to piece it together.

"New boundaries 'round 'ere? I don' 'memba anyone eva' livin near 'ere b'fore..."

Kijani

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 am
A goddess who watched the volcano? Well that was certainly interesting. She chuckled. "It is good to meet one who cares for the sacred places. It is an honor to meet you, Pele." She made a bow, a rather awkward one since she wasn't fully healed yet.

"I am Hakuna'jina, a...guard for the Aikanaro'hini. Our pride has claimed the area around this place and a ways west." Best the goddess know what sort of power her 'charge' was surrounded with. Gods were often a bit temperamental if kept secrets from.

"We have not been here long." The crimson lioness chuckled. "I know the power of the volcano. And though I live near her, I know to give her space when she needs it. And I have made sure my cubs know that. When the earth trembles, it is best to be at the western borders...in case she decides to overflow." She chuckled. "And I choose my steps carefully. To do otherwise would be foolish. And I would much rather my pride did not remember me as a fool."

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games