Reply Breaking Dawn
*Spoilers!* Names?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:32 pm
what is it with big authors naming the kids ridiculous blendy names?!
albus severus? renesmee carlie?... i'll admit that renesmee grew on me after a while, but the whole notion that bella just took nessie's grandparents names and whipped em up in a blender kind of threw me off. seems a bit OOC, ya know?

come to think of it, did many other people find the book kind of (extremely) disconnected from the rest of the series? don't get me wrong, i still loved it, but it felt so separate.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:12 pm
Lindini
albus severus? renesmee carlie?... i'll admit that renesmee grew on me after a while, but the whole notion that bella just took nessie's grandparents names and whipped em up in a blender kind of threw me off. seems a bit OOC, ya know?

come to think of it, did many other people find the book kind of (extremely) disconnected from the rest of the series? don't get me wrong, i still loved it, but it felt so separate.

I AGREE SO MUCH!! The middle name, Carlie, I could deal with, because that is technically an actual girls name, even if the only reason she used it was because of Charlie and Carlisle. But Renesmee?? WHAT? It got a little annoying to read that throughout the book, though I knew eventually Nessie would grow on Bella. Haha. "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster?" Hilarious. I loved Jake in this.

I agree with you on HP too. Albus Severus? NEVER give your kid first/middle names that rhyme!  

Fide et Amore

jade_onyx_1595

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:16 pm
that is kind of retarded: renesmee?????!!! its just weird!!!! i woulda named her something like nellie or something!!!!!!! but 4 days of having a kid.......thats still something............  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 pm
@ jade... yeah, When everyone was calling her Nessie, I got confused and thought her name was Nellie once... I personally like that better than Nessie, but hey, its not bad.

@Lindini, oh yeah, forgot to mention in the other post, but I agree with you on the separate thing. This book was so... mature. It came right down to the issue of rigth vs. wrong, which is what the characters have been meditating on (edward especially) from the begininng... so it is still connected. But it was so different. It wasn't just a romance anymore. It was something more, and infinitely more important. Have a kid changes everything. Bella and Edward seemed so much different than a 17 & 18 year old in love, starting their life. They were so adult, and they had to be, to face everything that was coming against them and Nessie.  

Fide et Amore

WineChan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:36 pm
I don't know how these authors get carried away. Anyway, yeah, I agree 100%. What the hell kind of name was that?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:08 pm
Yes, Renesmee seemed so strange at first. I thought SM had lost it. But you half to admit, it's better than EJ Edward Jacob? A bit stupid. Sounds weird too. But Renesmee did grow on me. I got used to it, so I disagree now. I think Resmee would have sounded good too. But I'm not sure I like Nessie, it's not bad sounding, it's just not perfect for a child as beautiful as Renesmee.  

MusicGNote

starxkawaii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:25 pm
At first I thought "EJ" was Edward Junior. O.o

But "Renesmee", like Jacob said, is a mouthfull. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:58 pm
Well think about it its not really SM who is naming her (Well it is, but its not.) it's Bella and Renesmee is a name thats just crazy enough for Bella to name a kid. SM had to come up with a name that Bella would name a kid wether should name a kid that or not. So if you think about it, craming her mother and her mother-in-laws names together is something that Bella would do.

XxThe apocalyptic sporkxX

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Heckler 50

InluvwithCullenboys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:02 pm
Totally...tradition-shmadition.....I think it still sounds weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Lindini

THANK YOU!

through out the book i had to keep
stopping and making sure that i was
reading the right series. it seemed so
far away from the rest of the books
and i hated it.

Dine with the Damned

mto92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:42 pm
Renesmee is a weird name but at least the baby turned out to be a girl not a boy cuz i wouldnt have been able to stand reading Edward Jacob over and over again and even EJ kinda sounds weird i got used to the name as i read on and it wasnt as bad as Albus Serverus cuz thats was not a good mix at all  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:19 pm
Well, there's always worse names.
My mom was reading the newspaper and these parents were court ordered to change their child's name because it was, no joke, something like 'Bella dances freely in the fields' (I can't remember the exact name, but it was something like that)

But yeah, Renesmee was kind of a stupid name . . . I can't say if it will grow on me over time or not. Right now it's only okay.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:27 pm
Kittycharm
I don't know how these authors get carried away. Anyway, yeah, I agree 100%. What the hell kind of name was that?

I mean know one in their sane mind would just mix two totally different names ( ex like Frank and Charlie and make Fralie! lol) Can't you make it a normal name! But I love SM and Breaking Dawn so I don't mind as much!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:22 pm
starxkawaii
At first I thought "EJ" was Edward Junior. O.o

But "Renesmee", like Jacob said, is a mouthfull. xD

I thought it was Edward Junior too.
When did it become Edward Jacob?  

In With The B U L L E T

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:27 pm
i think after the first book of bella it got really disconnected from the other books, it was like sm style changed or something
the whole book was very suprising really  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces