Reply Breaking Dawn
Does this bother you? (BD spoilers) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moffity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:05 am
SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE BREAKING DAWN (sorry bout the caps)

Throughout the whole book, it seems there were many things that bothered me (some good, some bad)...You can argue or give out your points of view, if you please.

(1) Bella & Edward for one. It seemed as though there relationship had gone nearly 180 on me. I thought their relationship was a spiritual one-- a platonic one but throughout BD, it seemed absolutely a physical one. Sure there was the occasional hint of their (Bells & Ed) "we're a packaged deal" thing that was in the other three books but...ugh. They had sex at the very least three times (some 'sessions' in a row). I was surprised they did that so much...

And Bella had said her heart grew bigger to fit both but I think Renesmee won over more than Edward (after all, Nessie stole the title of most beautifulest person in Bella's world from her father).

(2) Jacob's part was awesome to read. I feel more attuned to him and dislike him no longer. (How bout you Jacob haters?)

(3) Bella was an idiot. [rant mode] Bella was going to die for a kid that had a slight possibility of living. She had a smaller possible chance of living than her offspring. Edward would kill himself when Bella died (if she did that is) and Jacob--I was thinking when I read this: "What the hell did Jacob give up you for?! You're killing Edward, yourself and your entire families!! All for the very impossible survivor of a baby."[/rant mode]

(4)We have been discussing this for months and this must have slapped us across the face--How on earth did Edward have an erection? How did the (I'm pretty sure 'cuz of the venom) dead sperm work? Please, answer this one for me at least...

(5) Edward didn't seem to like Renesmee as much (vice versa too), it seemed to me. The only times they reached out for one another was when Edward could hear Nessie in the womb and when they were saying their goodbyes in the clearing. And it really didn't help that Edward had called Nessie 'a thing' before.

And it sounds as if I make Renesmee the bad guy in all of this but I love her heart I thought she would be adorable if she were real...

But nonetheless, the book was still coolie-oolie-ohscious (OK, I just ruined it =_=). I am satisfied. Best part (again in my opinion) was Huile's story of her sister and Jacob imprinting Renesmee.

Now let the throwing of the tomatoes begin.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 pm
1 - yes, i did notice that they focused a tad more on the physical stuff. but they did get married after all. but yeah, it was a tad different than the other books and i wasn't sure if i liked it or not.

2 - i used to hate jacob, after reading his part and seeing him change throughout the book, i love him now.

3 - bella was being a stubborn mother. it bugged me a bit at first, but then i understood. it's just bella's personality. it's how she's always been. she was also depending on being saved by edwards venom, and she was obviously right in doing so.

4 - i couldn't believe that either! idk...i'm sure sm will answer your question soon enough. many, myself included, are dying to know.

5 - he called her a "thing" at first, simply because he knew it was a danger to bella. edward would never want to love something that was killing bella. i guess it seemed like they didn't like each other as much because bella or jacob always seemed to be holding her...it didn't seem that way to me though.  

alexx1818

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:11 pm
who cares if they had sex so much?

just wait till your a newly wed.

a lot of my friends were pissed that theyre
wernt any details during these sessions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 pm
User Image
1. Bella and Edward, I think, have always wanted to have a physical relationship, but, because of obvious hazards (being human/being able to crush her head in) they had to keep it pretty platonic.

2. Jacob officially is ok in my book. I've always hated him, but he really won me over in Book 2.

3. Bella was being a good mother. She would do anything to protect her child, no matter how much they hurt her.

4. Beats me! I was positive they would never have kids. Guess I was wrong.

5. True, it does seem like that. But, we have to remember that Edward is a man. He has a hard time expressing his feelings sometimes. But remember when Renesme was telling Bella about what happened? She showed her how Edward had crooned over her, and sang to her? How adorable is that? How could you say that he doesn't love his daughter?
User Image

Angels_can_fly2

MusicGNote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:54 pm
3. Bella's maternal instincts kicked in. If I had a child in my womb, I would protect her too. She knew that she could be saved, so she knew that Edward wouldn't have to die either.

5. Edward was terrified for Bella in the beginning, so he hated Renesmee for almost killing her. But as soon as Edward heard her thoughts, he changed. I never heard him say anything negative about her after that.

I kind of got the feeling that Bella loved Renesmee more than Edward at first, which made me mad. How could she love anyone more than she loved Edward? Later I got the feeling that they were more equal. It's a different kind of love anyway. The love for your family is completely different from that of your loved one. It just took me a while to accept that Edward was the only one she couldn't live without anymore, though I still loved Renesmee.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 pm
1. Personally, I kind of expected their relationship to turn very physical. Think about it, they are newlyweds with the opportunity to experience sex for the first time. Same thing when Bella is turned later on in the novel. Both of them had to be very careful when they were close before hand, even when they started kissing in 'Twilight' because they weren't sure how far Edward could go. Now that they are both strong and such, why not go all out.

2. Jeeze. When I first began reading that part, I knew S.Meyer was going to try and have all the Jacob haters forgive him for "past wrongs" against Bella. I'm glad to say, that he is still one of my least favorite characters (Rose is below him).

3. Bella loved her child, end of story. She loved everyone else too, but her mother instincts kicked in.

4. First of all, Edward isn't dead. Vampires are frozen in time, which is why sperm would still work, which is how Bella got pregnant. Women have to change, which is why female vampires can't have kids (stomach, hormones, etc). Guys, well, have sperm all their life (they don't really change all that much). Why wouldn't Edward not have an erection? He is a man (which he told Bella in 'Twilight').

5. Edward didn't like Renesmee at first, she was killing Bella. After hearing her mind and seeing her though, his perspective changed.  

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Angels In Anyone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:53 pm
1. It was quite awkward for me to read about their physical relations more than three times in the whole book, but they are people who love each other, so I'll let it go.
2. I've always loved Jacob, and having his own perspective in the book only makes me love him more. He's got so much to say, but readers usually ignore him because he hates Edward.
3. I understand her maternal instinct, but from a reader's point of view, it seemed sort of idiotic. I'm glad both her and Renesmee survived, though.
On another note of the pregnancy: I didn't like the concept. It seemed way too fanfiction-esque.
4. I guess Jeweled Raven's explanation makes the most sense. Maybe SM will expand on it some day if fans keep bugging her about it.
5. I am a bit disappointed that Edward's and Renesmee's connection wasn't so strong, but maybe that's because everyone else was so protective of her that he really didn't get his chance. I really got a fuzzy feeling when he sang to her, though. Perhaps, their relationship as father and daughter will strengthen in the future. I hope so.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:04 pm
1. ........................veeeeeeeeerryyyyyyyyyy awkkkwaaaaaarrrrrrddddddd.......
sweatdrop
i didn't like that part.. seriously..
especially their first night at isle esme....
*COUGHmyinnocencehasbeentakenawayCOUGH*

2. after reading Breaking Dawn, I must say, JACOB YOU RULE!!
...congratulations too!!..on finally imprinting!
..though he'll be like Quil for a while... *coughNANNYcough*

3. IDIOT. I agree with Jacob on this one.. she's being a martyr. ...but who am I to judge? i don't have kids.. *and a possibility i won't since i don't want to* ... though it was good she survived.. *RANT!!whatthehellwasshethinkingifshediedandthenedwardwouldfollowhersincehecantlivewithoutherthenwhowouldtakecareofthebabywellprobablyjacobbutstillshewasntthinkingrightUGH!!ENDRANT*

4. uhh... well, that's a good question.... NEXT!!!

5. like edward and jacob's relationship, edward and nessie grew closer..
of course he would hate her initially... she was killing her own mother!
but when he heard her thoughts, he was won over.. *traitor, in Jacob's words* xd  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

WineChan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:19 pm
1- yes, i agree with you 100%. It wasn't as awkward for me though, I just though "Bella and edward, are not like this at all.....wtf happened to them?

2-Well, I must say I was a jacob hater, adn still am. But i've grown a soft spot for him now.

3-She's not an idiot. I would do that too. Some people just don't understand.....

4- Go to my thread

Sperm Theory

5-I was really surprised that Edward didn't want his own child scream . It's your baby, you a** hole, and you called it a thing!!!!!! It isn't the babies fault to be killing bella, nor is bella's fault for keeping it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:26 pm
HEY!
I don't hate Jacob anymore either!
I was really pissed when my friend told me that some of it was from Jacob's point of veiw, but I am really glad that it was. He successfully clawed his way into my heart, and I can no longer hate him.
He turned into a caring guy, like human Jacob.

I also noticed there was not nearly enough Edward in that book. It was mostly pre occupied with Bella and Renesmee. But I guess it's a mother thing.
UHH I almost killed Bella for killing herself!
When Jacob went to their house to kill all the Cullens, and ended up finding out about Bella, it had me at tears! When he was describing Edward's face! That whole book two had such a dark atmosphere . . .
But, yeah I was like 'BELLA WHAT THE HELL!? Just get that stupid baby out of you and stop killing Edward!'

And I did notice that Bella all of a sudden became a sex fiend . . . That was a massive shift in characer . . .

But over all, I enjoyed book two and three, I thought they were quite good. (especially the part with the Volturi, that was sweet)

.Bucket.of.Joy.

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:47 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
HEY!
I don't hate Jacob anymore either!
I was really pissed when my friend told me that some of it was from Jacob's point of veiw, but I am really glad that it was. He successfully clawed his way into my heart, and I can no longer hate him.
He turned into a caring guy, like human Jacob.

I also noticed there was not nearly enough Edward in that book. It was mostly pre occupied with Bella and Renesmee. But I guess it's a mother thing.
UHH I almost killed Bella for killing herself!
When Jacob went to their house to kill all the Cullens, and ended up finding out about Bella, it had me at tears! When he was describing Edward's face! That whole book two had such a dark atmosphere . . .
But, yeah I was like 'BELLA WHAT THE HELL!? Just get that stupid baby out of you and stop killing Edward!'

And I did notice that Bella all of a sudden became a sex fiend . . . That was a massive shift in characer . . .

But over all, I enjoyed book two and three, I thought they were quite good. (especially the part with the Volturi, that was sweet)

huuuuuuuuge sex fiend.............. *shudder*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:18 am
Alrighty, I'm happy some people agree with me even though I'm pretty sure a lot of people called me stupid for expressing my damn opinion on the book. But after re-reading the pre-sex scenes...I guess there was a little of the Bella I had seen in the previous books. And I can only understand a little bit of why Bella would keep the baby. If I killed or let someone inside of me to be killed, it would probably lie in my conscious (sp?) forever.

And I read this:

E: Jenny had this question: ‘Bella was so relatable to girls in the first three books (faded here) in the fourth book, she seems different. How do you expect your teen readers to relate?’

S: This is one of the reasons why the Twilight Saga is four books long. I found also that when Bella became a vampire, her relatability was kind of lost. I enjoyed very much writing about her experiences because it was something really fabulous to imagine, but all along, at any point, I could have stepped in and been Bella, because you know she was just this clumsy human girl and I could do what she could do. But then when she was a vampire, all of the sudden she was this amazing creature with all of these powers and I couldn’t do that anymore. So I did feel like the book was going to have to end from her point of view after we got to that point. And I did want to do a very thorough job of settling her and letting you see what that was like but at the same time I knew she wasn’t going to be that teenager that we could all relate to anymore.

CiNnA vAniLLa
huuuuuuuuge sex fiend.............. *shudder*

Lol...

Your My Brand Of Heroin
who cares if they had sex so much?

just wait until your a newly wed.

a lot of my friends were pissed that theyre wern't any details during these sessions

My god. Me, a newly wed?! Girl, that ain't never gonna happen.

EDIT: *sigh* why is the page stretched?  

moffity

hkkpfwg96

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am
I agree. Bella seems different and Edward should appreciate the child he helped make, that his wife "died" for. She sort of did die because she had to be turned into a vampire.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:32 pm
1) Yeah honestly I feel the same way. I read those books mostly for the love they had for one another.

2) I loved Jacob's part! I went from wanting to kill him, to understanding him and liking him. ^_^

3) I agree, I heard and have seen pregnant women being very moody during those months. Crazy horomones.

4) I didnt think it would happen either. If anything I thought they could still do it, but a baby wouldnt spawn out from it. Guess my assumptions were wrong.

5) I have also a feeling that Edward is jealous of Renesmee and to be honest, I felt bad for him after Bella put him through all that garbage.  

La Beaute

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:53 pm
I am a hard core Twilight fan I have been with the book since it first came out the least any of you guys can say (not meaning that in a bad way but I don't think you guys have been there since the very first day it came out.)
I was very dissappointed in some parts of the book espically the Physical relationship that Bella and Edward shared over and over. I couldn't stomach all of that it was just terrible. Don't get me wrong but I loved seeing them get together but just not that much. I laughed at those parts where he damaged either a pillow or a bed that was priceless. But the whole book read like a fanfiction. i was hopeing to see something better comming from Stephenie meyer not something that a teenager could write in the back of a notebook. I love Twilight alot and the other books were amazing but I think that Stephenie could have done so much better.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff