Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
The Nitnit Super Ultimate Pro RPG (Working Title) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:29 pm
Ok, so I decided that I must create the greatest RPG ever. Due to the scale of how awesome it will be, and how lazy/slow I work, it could take over a couple years to make.

Obviously it will be freeware to avoid lawsuits. It will feature numerous classic 2-D sprited gaming icons. I'm hoping to have upwards of 60 (maybe more?!) player characters.

Ideas:

- Threat Based ATB system. So, I like the active time battle system a lot, but I've always hated how in RPGs the monsters tend to just attack randomly. I'm going to have to implement a threat system (like WoW's) to allow for awesome strategies.

- Epic story. I'm talking a cross over with hundreds of villains. Have fun trying to fight both Kefka and Magus at the same time! (don't worry, you'll be able to get magus on your team later on)

- WoWesque equipment system. forgoing the soulbinding and whatnot, I'm thinking that using a cloth/leather/mail/plate system would be pretty advantageous, and I'd throw in some character specific items of course (only samus can wear power suits...)

- Numerous game worlds. Remember the end of time area in Chrono Trigger? Well it's going to be used as a hub where you can travel across the gaming multiverse. Locations from all sorts of games will be featured. After saving the mushroom kingdom, head on over to the world Street Fighter Tournament and foil M. Bison!

- Varying party sizes. Depending on the situation you will be able to use a party size varying from as small as 1 character, and as large as a small raid (10 characters)

- Multiple Endings. After you beat the game's normal final boss, you'll have to go back to every game world and fight it's hidden boss. After beating all of those you get the fight the amazing final boss (want to find some way to be able to let the player use all their characters against it)

- Mass Effect esque skill system. I like mass effect's skill system. It allows the player to customize their characters like they want. Want Peach to be an offensive summoner, or a healer? Maybe you'd rather have samus as a tank instead of an all out attacker. You decide!

- Original game soundtracks. Not exactly sure how to compress music files, but the game must have the classic songs/sounds, and music that synchs flawlessly with the cinema scenes.

- An online multiplayer battle. Is your friend bragging about their epic geared party of final fantasy characters? Fight them with yours! (Would have to do this client based since I don't own a physical server)

any thoughts/ideas? I'd probably do it in the latest version of GameMaker (full "registered" version)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:45 pm
It looks to be either epic or just something that would be awesome to watch.I get all my game concepts from dreams though.One was about this mirror maze or something...and these creepy evil little girls that came out and stuff...I still has the nightmares DX  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Magonarka-2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:32 am
it sound like it would be epic when it finishes. 1 thing though what about travel powers like in CoH- flight, teleportation or in WoW- mounts to traverse zones. question  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:12 pm
This sounds really epic.
Add Megaman stuff kthx.
Btw, you should look into death penalties.  

Raike99

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 am
Well obviously there would be megaman stuff. There probably won't be any real need for mounts, but I'll look into it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am
what about weapons and currency? (is it going to be a loot system like WoW)  

Magonarka-2

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 am
will gold farmer be allowed, i know its illegal, but just to mix it up a bit blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:30 pm
s**t, sounds pretty amazing
Seems like it's going to take some time
Great idea though
Good luck with it

`The Rev

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:41 pm
Magonarka-2
what about weapons and currency? (is it going to be a loot system like WoW)

Using the magic of multiverse travel, your money will magically convert into the local currency =P

The loot system will be similar to WoW, yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:45 pm
Multiverse reminded me more of Kingdom Hearts than of Chrono Trigger.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm
How? That term was never used in KH or CT. Either way I'm still using the CT end of time area as the network place.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:37 pm
nitnit
How? That term was never used in KH or CT. Either way I'm still using the CT end of time area as the network place.

Nope, but the transporting from world to world is similar. Just me.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:47 pm
Ah, well in that case yes, it is similar to the world traveling concept of KH.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:59 pm
nitnit
Ah, well in that case yes, it is similar to the world traveling concept of KH.
The fecking cards from CoM. D;  

Raike99

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm
Those aren't going to be in the game...  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers