Submit

How do you feel about the end?
  It was great
  @%#&$*
  It was ok...
View Results

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:13 pm
What did you honestly think of Breaking Dawn?

Have you finished reading it or are you still?

Don't post certain parts, I only want to know what you thought of it.

My answer - I stared reading it, I got to Jacob's book. I was so upset by it that I just skimmed the rest and read the last few chapters.

In short, it was the biggest disappointment I've ever had in a series.

Some parts were sweet, but this book had so much potential and she trashed it. My reasons for hating it:
~It was kinda dull, in my opinion, compared to the huge fight scene we saw in Eclipse. There was practically no action until the end.

~The characters were really not themselves. Especially Bella and Edward. They did things that were SO out of character, I found myself wondering if I had bought the right book.

~It was just depressing! I read these books to get away from life's tragedies, not to have them thrown back in my face. I get enough out of the real world, I don't need it in the fantasy one.

~There were SO many cliches'. Stephenie has been the most original author I've read and when I read B.D. I couldn't believe how uncreative some of her scenarios were.

I know a lot of people are upset by how it all turned out. I was just wondering if I'm the only one around here who is......?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:57 pm
hehehe.. thank you! i feel the same way.

right now im on book 3 so i have no idea what
happens at the end.

Dine with the Damned

rocker_gal226

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 am
I personally thought it was a good book.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:23 am
I'm still reading Jacob's point of view, and so far it's coming along...  

duup

Kiss of Color

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 am
For me, it was like reading a fanficition gone wrong...
Very disappointed.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 am
I was a little disappointed by it, but it didn't stop me from reading it through only in a few parts, which I can't say until people are finsihed reading. Man why couldn't Edward have a say... crying  

haloeclipse270

Angels_can_fly2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 am
User Image
I enjoyed it quite a bit. =D

I know a lot of people are saying that Edward was completely out of character, but I disagree. Stephanie created him, and she would know best how he would react to things. We, as the readers, only see what Stephanie wants us to see about the characters.

There were a few things that seemed kind of off to me, but if Mrs. Meyer is happy with how things worked out in the end, I am, too.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 am
i didnt like how she put in jacobs book. i would love to have edwards p.o.v.
i was kinda mad at her for that. but all the funny stuff was in bellas books so i dont really have to complain about that. but edward got kinda emo in jacobs book but i cant blame him.  

jade_onyx_1595

XX__MiSSES BRiGHTSIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm
Meh...
It was like one big a** fanfiction.
It certainly was a disappointment for me...
But there are still good things about the book.
Like Seth. <3
And it was a happy ending like I wanted...
I'm neutral on this.
She could have done better, but there also could have been worse.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:34 pm
Eh... it was okay... It wasn't exactly the best in the series, but then again, I've read worse... -_-  

U P H i G H onthe d L

RejectedLimpet

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:30 am
Hmmm...

I haven't even got the book yet [It's in the post... One hopes scream ] but i'm dying to find out how all of this has ended. Gathering by what all you guys have said about it... I'm not as hopefull as i was about it a few weeks or days ago. But i guess it's only our opinions.

By the way, Thank you SO much for making this a Non-Spoiler thread thing. I think if i found out what happened now, i'd completely ruin my enjoyment of the book. I have forbidden myself at looking into the Breaking Dawn subform, so until then...
-Shrugs-

sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:18 am
I thought the book was okay. Of course it could have been better, but I was happy with how it turned out.  

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:36 am
i've only been able to read up to chapter 12 but what i have read i really like, and at first i thought i would just hate the story from jakes pov but in truth its really good!!!!! I mean im dying to get to book 3 cause i like Bella's pov more but still it's really good. I can't wait till tomorrow cause thats when i get my copy (i stole my friends and read it the night she bought while she was sleeping) But you know i think Stephenie did a good job. I mean i get why a lot of you don't like it but i really like it. And the first 5 chapters i just LOVE!!!!! lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:10 pm
Ok well in my opinon.. I didnt like it.
It wasnt really interesting at all.
I mean some parts where cool. But the whole book in general.
I didnt like.

HaruXgoesXM00

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm
Angels_can_fly2
User Image
I enjoyed it quite a bit. =D

I know a lot of people are saying that Edward was completely out of character, but I disagree. Stephanie created him, and she would know best how he would react to things. We, as the readers, only see what Stephanie wants us to see about the characters.

There were a few things that seemed kind of off to me, but if Mrs. Meyer is happy with how things worked out in the end, I am, too.
User Image

I completely agree with you.
If you actually think about what Edward and Bella were doing in the other three books, it all comes clear.
In these three, Edward and Bella barely have much physical contact with eachother, a kiss here and there, but really anything else.
But if you analyze these small acts, you see thy're not really as clean cut as you think they are.
Basically, both of them are holding back so much, Edward because he'll kill Bella and Bella because Edward won't let her, that it's actually a really sexual act they're taking part in. We generally see sex as just sex, but there are so many different layers of it we often forget what is not obvious. You're going to have to go back and read it again to really know what I'm talking about.
So, now that the no longer have to hold back anything, it's only natural that they would give in every once and a while.

I still do have a little trouble accepting the first book though, it seemed really far fetched, but everything turned out okay. Jacob's part was incredible (and I really reccomend that you go back and actually read it . . .) and I thought the end was good.
You have to let yourself feel the underlying emotions that run through scenes like the end, although it's not outright violence, it was quite disturbing and exciting.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff