Reply Breaking Dawn
Volturi *Spoilers* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alexx1818

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 pm
I was annoyed with the whole Volturi thing. It seemed so pointless. I was expecting this huge fight. I was ready for it. I wanted to see what the outcome would be. It seemed like such a waste of pages! They showed up...argued for what seemed like forever...and then left. I was disappointed. I was glad everything went their way and that they could "live happily ever after" but it was still a bit annoying. I wanted Bella to have to fight for something for once, as opposed to letting Edward and vampire venom do everything for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:27 pm
Ugh I know. I kept thinking "Here it comes, the reason for Bella's preparations." But NOTHING. Jacob never even had to run with Renesmee! Lmao but Marcus being bored the whole time was hilarious. I just want to know what would have happened. Who else cried when Bella and Edward said goodbye to Renesmee when they thought they were going to die though? That was the only time I cried, though there were a few others when I thought I was going to.  

MusicGNote

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:29 am
The closest they came to a fight was Bella finally being able to shield those around her.

GRRR couldn't she have learnt that after it was too late for someone? This book ended way too easily!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:23 am
I wanted a huge fight. crying
That would have been fun too read.  

Lady Aidan

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100

Lindini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 am
i don't really like reading fight scenes, but SOMETHING should have happened... i really wanted jane and alec to die! now they're just sitting pretty back in volterra, torturing countless others. xp and caius was maddening. for someone so old and "wise" he seemed very shortsighted and bent on killing everyone, with or without a reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:30 am
Yeah. I was kind of disappointed as well.  

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:53 am
Lindini
i don't really like reading fight scenes, but SOMETHING should have happened... i really wanted jane and alec to die! now they're just sitting pretty back in volterra, torturing countless others. xp and caius was maddening. for someone so old and "wise" he seemed very shortsighted and bent on killing everyone, with or without a reason.

I agree.....I was alright with them not getting in a big fight......but hafe the time I had no idea what Aro was saying in these speeches.....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 pm
There was way too much dialogue, in my opinion. Especially from Aro and Garrett. It was quite disappointing that the highlight of the whole event (for me , at least) was Irina's death, and she's not even a main character rolleyes

Angels In Anyone

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:48 pm
i liked it when bella laughed after she was able to shield edward for the first time.. ruining the serious moment.
...very awkward... rofl rofl rofl

yeah.. it felt kind of empty that there was no fight...
Aro is just a big chicken! he didn't want to lose his prized possessions..
I loved Marcus though 3nodding
he's the only one making sense in the Volturi, yet they ignore him...
i guess that's why he's bored and all...

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:18 pm

For some reason.. I have a weird attraction to Aro XD

I mean, yes, I LOOOOVE Edward, but Aro would not be a bad back-up? XD

Maluenda dAzur

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:00 pm
It really bugs me when people say 'There was no fight! I wanted some hardcore violence!'

Because, really, there was plenty of action. It wasn't outright violence, but there was action. You have to really read the words and uncover the hidden emotions behind them to really feel the action of the moment, to really understand why there was no fight and why that was significant.

My dad once said 'A great author is one that can make you feel all the emotions.' And I fully believe this is true and that Stephenie is able to do this. Now if Stephenie just played on cheap thrills full of fights she wouldn't fall into this category. She has this incredible way of striking these emotions that are rarely felt by anyone, let alone written about.

If you really think about these words she writes about and where she places them, they hold much more emotion than on the surface.

The part with the Volturi plays on many different ones. First, there's many of these vampires, a few even strangers, that decide they will stand up to the impossible. They will fight with the innocent Cullens even though they know it's a lost cause. And then there's the fact that the Volturi are just power thirsty, willing to abuse the trust placed in them to acquire what they want. They end up getting completely exposed as being what the Romanians claim they are, Italian Scum. It also shows them as being complete cowards, lost when their guard is rendered useless.

Now, read it again and try to find these hidden emotions that make up the real conference with the Volturi. It's much more than just a discussion, it exposes the Volturi and also reveals Siobhan's talent as being something more than natural.

Action doesn't always mean violence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:54 pm
afi_lover_94
There was way too much dialogue, in my opinion. Especially from Aro and Garrett. It was quite disappointing that the highlight of the whole event (for me , at least) was Irina's death, and she's not even a main character rolleyes

NO!!! burning_eyes I loved Garrett's speech! heart I think he rocks! I am now a fangirl of him and he isn't even close to a main character.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Dark_Legend94

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:28 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
afi_lover_94

NO!!! burning_eyes I loved Garrett's speech! heart I think he rocks! I am now a fangirl of him and he isn't even close to a main character.

Me too! Garrett's speech may have been long but it was awesome and strong! He's my fav Nomad. 3nodding Benjamin and Nahuel were cool too. Loved it when Garrett said, "The read coats are coming! the red coats are coming!" lol in Aro's words - "A patriot" biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 am
It is very likely that Stephenie Meyer was put under a LOT of pressure to meet all the demands of her fans, and that may have resulted in an inability to perform at her best in concluding Breaking Dawn.

Oh well, I quite enjoy happy endings, so I have no problems with this one 3nodding

I also agree that Garrett is awesome: entertaining and yet so noble...SIGH heart

icelemontea

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:35 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
It really bugs me when people say 'There was no fight! I wanted some hardcore violence!'

Because, really, there was plenty of action. It wasn't outright violence, but there was action. You have to really read the words and uncover the hidden emotions behind them to really feel the action of the moment, to really understand why there was no fight and why that was significant.

My dad once said 'A great author is one that can make you feel all the emotions.' And I fully believe this is true and that Stephenie is able to do this. Now if Stephenie just played on cheap thrills full of fights she wouldn't fall into this category. She has this incredible way of striking these emotions that are rarely felt by anyone, let alone written about.

If you really think about these words she writes about and where she places them, they hold much more emotion than on the surface.

The part with the Volturi plays on many different ones. First, there's many of these vampires, a few even strangers, that decide they will stand up to the impossible. They will fight with the innocent Cullens even though they know it's a lost cause. And then there's the fact that the Volturi are just power thirsty, willing to abuse the trust placed in them to acquire what they want. They end up getting completely exposed as being what the Romanians claim they are, Italian Scum. It also shows them as being complete cowards, lost when their guard is rendered useless.

Now, read it again and try to find these hidden emotions that make up the real conference with the Volturi. It's much more than just a discussion, it exposes the Volturi and also reveals Siobhan's talent as being something more than natural.

Action doesn't always mean violence.

I don't mean to sound bitchy, but i find that incredibly offensive. I am fully aware that an author has to captivate their audience, and one such way is trying to make that said audience "feel" what is happening.

I bet many people who wanted a fight are thinking along the same lines as me when i say that Bella got off to easy. See the fight scene to me was to show how Bella is willing to work for what she has now, push herself to the limit if you will. But nothing came. She miraculously was able to control her gift at the last minute, the bad people answer her silent wish of leaving and they all live happily ever after. So this is my reason for being disappointed in the abscence of a fight scene, it's not because i wanted blood and guts, i wanted to see how far Bella would go now.

And another thing, we know Stephenie Meyer is a great author (That's why we're in this guild). So don't you dare belittle us and say we only want "Stephenie Meyer to write cheap thrills".
Also don't say that dedicated fans, don't understand the situation for both the Cullens and their Witnesses. We are fully aware of what was going on at the time, we know how frightenned the Cullens must've been and we know what was on the line. So please don't try and insult our intelligence by saying we didn't grasp the enormity of the situation.

I really hope you can see a little bit of what i'm trying to say. And i apologize if i sounded hurtful.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff