Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
What do you like/hate about Bella? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:49 am
Are you similar to Bella in any way? (apart from loving Edward that is rolleyes whee ) I am in some ways...I hate dressing up, I hate dancing, I can't do sports...but I'm not as stubborn as she is.
What do you like or dislike about her?
I dislike her stubbornness...she puts herself in danger because she refuses to listen to anyone elses advice. I don't know Edward puts up with her. But if she wasn't like that, there wouldn't be much of a story because it'd be boring.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:00 am
Same here, i dislike how stubborn she is~!! She's constantly putting herself in danger because of it. D: Edward has LOTS of patience, thats for sure. haha 3nodding  

rissy urie

T0m03

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:13 pm
The only thing I don't like about Bella is her feelings towards Jacob. I kinda resent her for that because it does seem like betraying Edward to me, even though Edward doesn't care because he loves her and just wants her to be happy.

I find that her always being so stubborn as a factor of why I can relate to her. Although, I don't consider her as being that stubborn. To me, I just find her incredibly unselfish. She's always looking to protect her loved ones from danger. What gets on my nerves is how overly worried she always is even when people are telling her that it's going to be fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 pm
she's stubborn, somewhat selfish, and in a state of constant worrying..
i started disliking her a bit in eclipse.. and breaking dawn made it worse...

well, at least, her time is over... i wonder who's POV will we see through after edward??  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

M e e G g y

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:34 pm
Bella is sorta stubborn...That's not nice forcing someone to have sex with you when the other person doesn't want to do it with you.(at the moment.) God, it's like Bella has to go to the bathroom or something. Why doesn't she just ask Jacob? It'll make the story much more interesting...

But besides that, I wouldn't mind having her a friend. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 am
What i dislike most about Bella is an entirely trivial matter. SHE IS FREAKING MARRIED TO EDWARD!!

I hope we see Alice's point of view. It actually sounds like fun!  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 am
Sporadic Image
Bella is sorta stubborn...That's not nice forcing someone to have sex with you when the other person doesn't want to do it with you.(at the moment.) God, it's like Bella has to go to the bathroom or something. Why doesn't she just ask Jacob? It'll make the story much more interesting...

Yeah, there are choices she makes which don't really sound like love to me..not compared to Edward who is completely unselfish. The fact that she wants him to have sex with her regardless of what he says about the matter...she doesn't seem to believe what other people tell her when they know better!
And when she chose Edward over Jacob, and he said to her "are you sure you made the right choice?" and she replied "I know who I can't live without"....it seemed as if she choose Edward because she needed him, not because she wanted him...and want and need are two different things.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:47 pm
Most of you stated her stubbornness as a dislike, but for me it's a huge like. I like how stubborn she is. It just goes to show how strong her love for Edward is. She cares less about danger because either A) she knows Edward will come and save her or B) she knows life without Edward isn't worth it.

She's caught in a huge love triangle. She loves Edward whole heartedly, but her friendship with Jacob is unrelenting. When Edward left her, Jacob was there.

Then again, what do I know? I'm only on New Moon.

Literate Dork

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sitting On Cloud 9

Lonely Vampire

10,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:24 pm
I'm some what like her. Mostly in the looks (except for the part of her being skinny.... >.>) Brown hair average, Brown/green eyes avrage, ext.... But personality wise, I'm not clumsy, and i like dressing up every now and then but mostly my hair doesn't cooperate, and i wear jeans and a tee most days. I do wear makeup but just basic concealer, foundation, and mascara. I love dancing but only at frat parties where every one is as drunk or drunker than i am. razz Its fun! But I am a book warm, I do day dream to much, and I some times talk in my sleep, just not as vividly as Bella. razz So there are parts of me that are like bella but parts that arn't. I assume every one finds there own part in Bella.

There's not much I dont like about Bella. razz Im pretty stuborn so I cant say that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 pm
I love Bella. She's nice, funny and normal aside from the paranormal stuff. I'd lyke toetallie would hang out with her. whee  

les lunettes

haloeclipse270

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:44 pm
User ImageBella is cool fiction character. Take on vampires and werewolves and still come out on top 3nodding Plus she's smart , observant, and has a sense of humor (that is sometimes funny) And also she is a Virgo! Wooo! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm
That low moan late at night...

I guess I'm similar to Bella in the sense that I too am really clumsy and horrible at sports. But what I dislike about her is how fast she falls in love with Edward. I understand that he was her first bf, and I know how hard and fast people fall for their first bf/gf, but it was kind of annoying. It sort of seems that Stephenie is telling all the impressionable little 13 yr olds who read this book "Hey, if you fall in love with your first bf, he'll end up marrying you and you'll live happily ever after!"
I understand that she's NOT trying to say that, but most (not all) of today's young teenagers take things out of context, and could actually be thinking that.

...don't worry, I won't bite domokun

User Image

memory_lane17

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:53 am
ZombieBunnyBloodReaper
That low moan late at night...

I guess I'm similar to Bella in the sense that I too am really clumsy and horrible at sports. But what I dislike about her is how fast she falls in love with Edward. I understand that he was her first bf, and I know how hard and fast people fall for their first bf/gf, but it was kind of annoying. It sort of seems that Stephenie is telling all the impressionable little 13 yr olds who read this book "Hey, if you fall in love with your first bf, he'll end up marrying you and you'll live happily ever after!"
I understand that she's NOT trying to say that, but most (not all) of today's young teenagers take things out of context, and could actually be thinking that.

...don't worry, I won't bite domokun

User Image

Ok so i read New Moon first then Eclipse and i was Team Jacob FTW because i started thinking of Edward as a freaking cold manipulative s.o.b.

So when i read Twilight, still carrying my anti-Edward prejudice i'm like. You are so going over-board Bella, listen to him and stay away, who wants to be with a guy who brings up being with him is dangerous every time you freaking meet him! And then the book kept going on about how their relationship deepened, and at a suprisingly fast rate.
Well, you know what i mean when i say things happened over a short period of time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:36 am
Sporadic Image

*spoilers for breaking dawn*
edward can read jacobs mind lol.
i like bella, but jacob and alice are my favorites.
bella is very attatched to edward, but she cant help that. shes stubborn, but not too bad. ive seen much worse. she likes the supernatural...obviously. i like her as a vampire. i dont relate to her much.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:44 am
T0m03
The only thing I don't like about Bella is her feelings towards Jacob. I kinda resent her for that because it does seem like betraying Edward to me, even though Edward doesn't care because he loves her and just wants her to be happy.

I find that her always being so stubborn as a factor of why I can relate to her. Although, I don't consider her as being that stubborn. To me, I just find her incredibly unselfish. She's always looking to protect her loved ones from danger. What gets on my nerves is how overly worried she always is even when people are telling her that it's going to be fine.

I agree 100%!  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces