Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:22 pm
The Great Hall

Inside the Great Hall, there are four parallel tables, once for each House. It's very rare that anyone ever sits at a table that isn't that of their house. At the front of the grand room, there's one long table that sits perpendicular to the other four tables. The faculty and staff all sit here. There's also a podium from which the Headmistress will make any announcements.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:15 pm
XxWise_Prairie_DogxX
Sirus Demium
Part time genius, full time pain in the a**

User Image

After a long night's sleep, Sirus was dressed and walked himself down into the great hall, where he joined his fellow Slytherins for breakfast. He was still exausted from the party they had thrown, which lasted until two in the morning. Sirus began to eat some eggs and sip his orange juice while looking at his new courses. Transfiguration, Potions, Defense against the dark arts, Charms, Care of magical creatures, and muggle studies.

Sirus sighed, "Not exactly what I was hoping for, but at least I didnt get put into history of magic, honestly who cares about the great goblin rebelllion." He chuckled suddenly, "Muggle studies, Ive lived around muggles my whole life...." He turned to a second year who was scowling at him.

"Did you know they use brooms for....." Sirus paused for dramatic effect, "cleaning!" The second year looked dumbstruck and a couple of the other students at his table had dropped their conversations to ease drop.

MrCombustionEngine

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:27 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

Said I forgot, but I did not
Dreams we have had play in my head
Did we believe the cry of the wind?
Did we regret? Would we forget?

User ImageUpon coming into the Great Hall, Lily was eternally grateful that none of her friends had arrived there yet. Since waking up from her nightmare, she had gained composure over herself, but it wasn't terribe to have a few moments to herself before someone joined her at the Gryffindor table. Sitting down, she got herself some food and began to eat. She was excited about the upcoming classes, despite how tired she felt. Luckily, makeup made it simple to hide her habitual nightmares from those close to her. How childish it would be to cry to her friends over some nightmares?

While eating, she pulled a book out of her bag. She'd started to read some Muggle fairytales. Right now, she was reading Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. It was a very charming tale, but Lily thought that she wouldn't much like to be Wendy. She felt sorry for the girl who's kiss was meant for Peter Pan, the boy who refused to grow up. As if boys weren't childish enough without remaining small! And while she loved him, he only saw her as his devoted mother, who would tell him stories. Lily decided that if she were any character in the book, she would want to be Mrs. Darling. Mrs. Darling was the epitome of beauty and understanding. She knew to keep that window open so her children could come home.

Lily found it amusing, what Muggles thought of magic. If only fairy dust actually existed! That way, she could fly without a broom. It would be wonderful.

From across the room, she noticed Sirus trying to freak out some of the younger students. She could understand why it would be relatively amusing, but felt bad for the youngsters. Surely, they were scared enough of Sirus as it was. Everyone knew about his trickery. Lily wondered why exactly he found it necessary to play tricks on everyone. Didn't he ever get serious about anything? Even Lily, who seemed rather happy go lucky about everything got serious at times.

Winters have come and gone you know
But I’ll miss you young and sweet
For a dance round the memory tree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Will we lose it someday?
I want to protect you and that disappearing smile
The ringing voice that calls me dries out
Even if it gets erased by the wind along time
I will find you...

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory Leo Wood lethargically strolled into the Great Hall with a lazy expression across his face. Last night had been one of the wildest nights in his life! Upon entering the Ravenclaw common room some of his friends decided to throw him a party for being daring enough to enter the Triwizard Tournament. They had spent most of the night drinking butterbeer and talking about what the first task might include. Someone had mention dragons, but Leo knew that they weren't likely to repeat that same task again this year. Something possibly more dangerous and daring would be thrown in the champions paths this year, and everyone couldn't wait to see what it might be. Their little celebration had been ended when a group of fifth year girls told them they should get some rest for the first day of classes tomorrow. Not wanting to upset his fellow Ravenclaw students, Gregory told everyone sleep was what was best for them and everyone departed to their bedrooms.

He had hurried down to the Great Hall as soon as he woke up so he could see if any of his friends were down here early. As he strolled down the Ravenclaw table, Gregory noticed that the chamber was only inhabited by a few Slytherins and Lily sitting alone at her house's table while reading some sort of book. Seeing that no one from Ravenclaw had arrived yet, he would go sit next to Miss Potter for some breakfast. He strolled over to her and let out a huge yawn beside her, trying to get her attention. "Good morning Seeker," he said with a smile as he took a seat across from her. Without waiting for her response, the hungry sixth year dug his fork into the plate of eggs that had appeared in front of him. Once again, Hogwarts breakfast did not disappoint. It was sometimes better than his mom's cooking since she was often easily distracted by things out in the yard, leaving whatever was on the stove unattended. Leo missed waking up to mornings of that sort, but Hogwarts was where he would like to be now. All of his friends were here, and things did get boring at times when he was at home.

"I heard your brother entered the tournament after I left last night," he stated after swallowing a mouthful of eggs and helping it down with a sip of orange juice. What he was really asking was if Rose had decided to put her name in the goblet too. He wanted her do be able to do the things she wanted, but he didn't want to see her facing such dangerous and horrific beasts as past champions had. Who knows what they would have to face or get past this year. Deciding that she was probably more interested in the story of Peter Pan and his lost boys, Leo returned to his eggs and juice.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even though I keep on falling,
You laugh and help me up every time
As I board the vacant back of the bus
You flash me a small smile
I must place my trust in you...

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:13 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

Said I forgot, but I did not
Dreams we have had play in my head
Did we believe the cry of the wind?
Did we regret? Would we forget?

User ImageAs soon as she heard the voice and the yawn coming from beside her, Lily smiled. Who else would call her 'Seeker'? "Good morning Gregory!" she said cheerfully, glad that he'd decided to sit with her instead of at the Ravenclaw table. She wanted to interrogate him on his intentions with Rose. Of course, he would be so embarrassed when she asked him about her, but that would just make it even more fun than it already was. So she puther book away, knowing that Peter Pan and Captain Hook would be waiting for her later.

"Ooh, yes, he put his name in. I'm so jealous! I wish I could enter, but I'm sure that my brothers will be keeping an eye on me to make sure I don't. It so unfair! If I were just one year older...I would have my name in that goblet," she said, daydreaming about entering the competition. "Rose put her name in too! Oh, you need to ask her to the Yule Ball by the way. I mean, I'm sure you were planning on it anyway, but just incase you weren't I thought I would mention it to you. Every time I mention it to her, she gets all embarrassed and denies everything I say. So I figured I would come to you," she said with a grin on her face. She was sure that he would get embarrassed too.

All the while, she continued to eat, taking some more eggs and bacon onto her plate. She really enjoyed breakfast at Hogwarts. After waking up from a nightmare, it was comforting to have delicious food to eat and then classes to distract you.

But I’ll miss you young and sweet
For a dance round the memory tree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:46 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds
User Image
Lazily blinking the Slytherin girl sat upon her houses table. Sleep was still upon her face as she let out a yawn. A few of the slytherin girls she was friends with were chatting randomly at the things that seemed to appear out of thin air. The girl placed her face against her hand as she listened to the chatting among her friends. Thinking of her classes she wondered what they would be like this year. One year later, it was suppose to be harder. She wondered if it would This would be a better challenge. But yet potions would top all, she couldn’t wait for it to start. She would learn more and be able to perfect things she already knew. Gazing out into the distance the majority of the table she was sitting at seemed to be ease dropping. They were all listening to a Sixth year, Sirus. She let out a bit of a sigh. It was entertaining every once in a while for him to pick on some one, but he seemed to over do it a lot. This drove her nuts. Her brow eyes looked at the second year who was the boys victim and she spoke up. ”Don’t fret, Muggles are odd. They’ve always been so, so have some wizards, if I may not be so bold.” With the last statement the girl sideway glanced towards Sirus with a sly grin. One of her friends smiled wickedly as she spoke. ”Wow. Ice cold stare there Riley.” The girl did nothing more than turn towards her breakfast. Looking at the eggs in front of her. She didn’t really feel hunger right now. She began to fork at the eggs and watch the yolk ooze from the egg to the middle of her plate. Letting out a tired yawn she set her fork down.
Turning her head from the oozing eggs on her plate she looked around the great hall at the people about. Very few people were there. It made the hall seem a lot bigger than it was.

Her eyes were caught on the Goblet of fire. She swallowed deeply as she slid her hair behind her ear. The blue cup seemed to draw her eyes to it, as though a spell was upon it. She blinked for a bit before letting out a sigh. She’d put her name in to the cup. It was done and finished, she only hoped fate would chose the right outcome for her. Placing her hands in her lap she began to look the room over again. A few more people had flooded in. She figured she was early this morning. Which was a rather usual thing for her, al though she was not a morning person. Last night had been rather interesting. The Slytherin house had an loud party last night. It had kept everyone up for most of the night. She herself had found her way to sleep at two thirty. It took her a while to actually fall asleep. It made it for a rough morning this morning. Letting out another yawn out she looked around still. A Slytherin girl spoke towards Riley and she only nodded. Hearing nothing of what she said it bit her back. An eruption of laughter now filled the group of girls she was speaking with, along with a few others whom had been ease dropping. The girl quickly turned around as her face turned bright red.

Her friends soon tried not to laugh as the conversation turned. One soon asked ”Riley, you really entered the cup?” All she could do was nod. ”It’s not my fault I think it’s a family thing.” She muttered softly. ”Were all sort of stubborn and driven.” The last part she added with the thoughts of her own family. Her mother was rather strongly tempered, but yet kind all in the same. Her father was stern and loud and very determined in what he did. She figured it was a combination of both that made her with what she did, and how she acted.

She now was turned back to the front of the table and she was mildly listening to the rambling of her friends. They were going on about those who had entered in the cup, most of the names they spoke of surprised her not. Some she didn’t know, and others she couldn’t believe they would. She sighed. Taking a bite of her eggs she chewed slowly and then took a sip of pumpkin juice. She was ready for class to begin.

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:45 am
User Image

Back to the Sun, Back to the Shore
Back to what I was Before.
Lie on the Beach, Dream within Reach
Don't Stray Beyond

User ImageThe Great Hall doors opened for Evangeline and she walked in gracefully. It was so strange for her to wake up at Hogwarts and walk around the halls of the foreign school. She'd memorized the way to the Great Hall from the Beauxbaton dormitories the night before so it didn't take her long to get to the large room. With an impressive amount of grace, she walked over to the Beauxbaton/Durmstrang table and sat down. She was one of the first of her school to get there. The Great Hall was relatively empty. There were just some Slytherins and a few people sitting at the Gryffindor table. She spotted a redhead at the Gryffindor table. The girls of Beauxbaton had pointed her out last night as the daughter of Harry Potter. For the daughter of the war hero, she seemed slightly mundane. But then, the half-Veela was used to the the beautiful girls of Beauxbatons. That sounded insulting...Well, many of the girls were part Veela. It was difficult competition for anyone.

Still, it was interesting to see Harry Potter's only daughter. She wondered what the two sons looked like in person. Everyone's seen the wizarding family in the news, but Lily certainly looked different up close and personal. She couldn't imagine being raised by such famous wizards. Her father had been a great auror, but he never achieved anything close to fame before he died six years ago. And her mother...well, her mother was a model, working in both the wizarding and the muggle worlds. But she wasn't famous. She just walked around, wearing clothes. Not that Evangeline didn't completely respect her mother and her line of work. The woman was beautiful even though she was growing older. People still mistook her for being in her twenties, which the woman always enjoyed.

Evangeline tried to find the least greasy breakfast food to indulge in. She didn't usually eat breakfast, so she wasn't sure what the extra calories would do to her body. She stayed away from the bacon and eggs (too high in cholesterol) and went instead for the fruit. Apples were a good breakfast right? An apple a day keeps the mediwizard away? She tried to eat in a sort of dignified way, not making a mess of anything, but it was slightly difficult. Apples were awkward to eat. Still, she managed to continue looking beautiful and graceful with a mouth full of food. It was enough for anyone to be impressed if the were watching. As far as she knew, nobody was looking this fine morning.

Some Girls Fight Hard, Some Face the Trial
Some Girls were just meant to Smile.
It's not up to Me, Just let me Be
Legally Blonde

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:51 am
Jack and Ace Rhichards

Ace and Jack. Jack and Ace. Twin sisters, twin minds. Both of them were young Gryffindors, and both of them were a world apart. Shy, sweet Ace. Impulisive, loud Jack. Yin and Yang, Black and white. They wer exact opposites in everything except appearance. And they complimented eachother perfectly, by covering the other's faults. Of course, they may have complmented eachother, and they may have been the best of friends.. But all siblings fight. And when they are twins.....

One of the twins, who were rarely seen without eachother, walked into the Great Hall. Alone. This, in itself, was a shocker. But, the one word screamed from beyond the doors would be even more shocking. "ACCCCEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You see, normally, Jack's name was the one being screamed, because Jack was the one that always pulled the pranks on her younger twin. But, even Ace loses her temper enough, sometimes. And she had been really, really angry with her twin sister.

With a smirk, Ace walked over to Lily and Gregory. "Hello Potter, Wood." That was one of the ways that you could tell the two apart-- unless you really earned her respect, Ace refused to call you by your first name. Jack, on the other hand, always called people by their first names. Except professors. Because that was a bad idea all around. "How are things?" She took her seat, just as the doors to the Great Hall opened, and a blue-haired version of Ace walked in, seething. "Anna Acellona Rhichards, reverse whatever hex you put on me! Now! Hey Lily, Gregory."

The seething blunette stood in front of her blonde sister, with her arms crossed. "Well, Jack, you shouldn't have pushed me. Besides, it'll wear off... In a few days, at least. Until then, be careful not to get wet." Jack blinked a few times. "Why not?" "You hair will turn hot pink. A horrible side effect, really. I'm still working on improving the potion." Because, yes, she liked to make things. Especially potions.

Charmed -Caia- Dangerous

sKITTLES mAKE mEH hIGH
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:43 pm
User Image Rose [Rosey] Senicah [Brave] Weasley [Uhg]

Rose walked into the great hall and looked around. She saw her cousin, Greg, and Jack Rhichards. She looked over and saw a girl with blue hair standing next to Ace yelling at her.. "Jack?" Rose murmured.
She continued walking and sat down next to her cousin. "Morning all!" She said looking at everyone.
She looked next to Ace and saw a blue haired Jack. "What happened to you?" Rose said with her jaw down.
She assumed Ace did it, but she wanted to here the whole story. Why exactly she did this. It's always fun to hear. Ace had always been the prankster, the also complete opposite of her sister Jack.

She turned to see a plate of breakfast in front of her and began eating, still watching Jack for her answer.
Rose wondered whether anyone would notice her red and orange decor for the day. She did alot of work and wanted some noticers!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:34 pm
XxWise_Prairie_DogxX
Sirus Demium
Part time genius, full time pain in the a**

User Image

Sirus ignored the other Slytherin sitting at the table, avoiding her icy stare. The second year next to him was waiting for the milk jug to be passed back so he could refill his glass. Sirus smiled and said, "allow me to get that for you." Sirus pointed his wand at the boys glass and said, "refilla floura!"

"Thanks," the boy replied as he quickly drank his milk.

Sirus finished his breakfast and took one last look at his agenda making a mental list of the books he needed for the day. A loud screeching sound caused Sirus to look upwards as a flock of owls filled in from the windows above.

Although Sirus did not own his own owl, he did pay a post owl to deliver personal messages and of course the daily profit. Sure enough an owl landed in front of him, dropping a copy daily profit, just left of his orange juice.

He quickly stuffed it into his pocket, and stood up to leave, giving Lily Potter a glance before leaving back to the Slytherin common room to collect his books for the day. But before he left, Sirus turned back and watched as the boy at the Slytherin table began pulling flowers out of his mouth like one of those cheap muggle magitians.

He chuckled and left the great hall.

MrCombustionEngine

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:41 pm
User Image
Erin May:

Erin walked towards the Great hall. She walked through the doors just in time to see Professor McGonagall passing out the timetables. Though she gave Erin a weird look, she handed out her time-table to her and then walked away.. Erin glanced down at her time-table and then groaned lightly seeing all the courses she had to take. She shook her head slightly mumbling something about hating certain courses. She shoved her time-table back in to her bag. She shook her head slightly and looked around again, hoping to Find a few of her old friends. But once more, No avail. She shook her head slightly..

Erin sighed softly and grabbed a seat, So that she could eat something.. She grabbed a few things placing them on to her plate, and taking a bite of her toast. She then took a sip of her pumpkin juice, as she crossed her leg over her knee. Erin glanced around once more, glancing at the guys that were sitting at the tables, She noticed one guy at her table, who looked to be in her year, She wasn't sure if his name was Sirius.. But she had heard a few people talking to him. She bit her lip but smirked to her self slightly.. He was hot. She had to give him that. Erin watched as he walked away. She shook her head slightly and then pointed her wand to the kid he had tricked. She muttered a few words and the flowers stopped. She shook her head agian and then went back to her food.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:59 pm
Sarah // Katya

There weren't that many students in the great hall, and only a few teachers were present at the Head Table. One of them they recognised to be thier older and rather young-looking sister, who was reading another muggle Science textbook and occasionally scanning the hall for signs of misbehaviour. As Sarah and Katya entered the hall, they stopped to wave at her, revieving a half-smile and a small wave in return.

Katya glanced at Sarah, purple-brown eyes ready to glare at anyone who gave her a second look. She crossed her arms as she looked around the hall. It was early, but unnaturally empty.

"So, where do you want to sit?" Katya asked, looking around for some of her fellow Quidditch players. She got just what she was looking for and spotted thier seeker, Lily Potter. Her heritage wasn't what interested Katya, but rather her ability on the Quidditch feild. Being Harry Potter's daughter was just another fact, in her opinion, just like having seven siblings and liking treacle tart.

Sarah also spotted the group at the Gryffindor table. The seeker for her house team, Gregory Wood, was also there. He was quite the looker, and a great Quidditch player as well. She looked at Katya before pointing over at him. Katya nodded, giving her a quick smile to reassure her before they started to walk down the isle. Katya's walk was more of an "I own the place" stroll while Sarah's was more shy with quick but quiet steps.

"Hey, guys," Katya said happily, sitting down next to Lily. Sarah sat down next to her quietly, looking up with them bright blue eyes and a small grin. She gave Gregory a wave "Hello" before she and Katya started to load thier plates up with the delicious Hogwarts food.

"So did you guys get your scheduals yet? I can't wait to see who we'll be playing. Maybe it'll be Ravenclaw," Katya said, a sparkle in her eyes. Katya turned toward her sister as Sarah gave her a shy tug on her shirt sleeve. She watched her calmly as Sarah performed a few hand signs and pointed at Gregory. Katya gave her a nod before turning towards Gregory.

"She wants to know how you are doing and--" She stopped and looked back at Sarah, who continued her hand motions swiftly and very quickly as well. Katya looked back at him once she was finished. "she also wants to know if you're going to enter your name into the Goblet,"

Kenalou

4,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Kenalou

4,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:44 pm
Sesh Kindler
"It's Professor to you!"

Only a few of the other teachers had arrived, but Sesh was more interested in her science textbook and the orange juice than actually chit chatting. There was nothing much for her to do during the day, since her classes were taught during the evening. Therefore, she had been put on watch duty during certain hours of the day to look after the Goblet in case anyone tried anything funny. She herself would have tried out for it instantly and without any doubts if she wasn't a teacher.

Taking another sip of her orange juice, she glanced up to see her two younger sisters, Katya and Sarah. They waved to her, and she put on a half-grin for thier sake and waved back before returning to her book. She had on simple dress pants and slightly high-heeled black boots, with a red shirt on underneath her closed suit jacket. Dang, how she missed her jeans. Maybe she'd go put some on before going to sit in one of the classes, which she liked to do. Her hair was its normal black color, just past her waist and curling naturally at the ends. One green stripe ran down the right side of her hair while a purple stripe blew down the left. Before Quidditch matches, she would usually put in red and gold stipes to support Gryffindor, and to piss off McGonagall, of course.

Bright green eyes quickly read over the page, which was a review about atoms. It was old stuff, all of which she already knew. Deciding to have some fun, she quickly scrolled through the book until she found the Astronomy section. The book was a bit out of date, which made her laugh sometimes. You could see throughout the entire section her footnotes, scribbed in and most of the section crossed out.

Taking another bite from her plain bagel, she flipped the page and skimmed through another paragraph about Neptune, pushing her bangs out of her eyes. One of her elbows was on the table, but she didn't really care. It wasn't like anyone had the guts to tell her to take it off, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:51 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds
User Image

As the girl took a sip of her pumpkin juice the poor Second year that the Slytherin Sirus had been picking on spat out a mouthful of flowers. The girl stifled a laugh as she spat pumpkin juice back in to her cup. She’d not meant to react as such but the action actually amused her ever so slightly. Picking on people she supposed was a thing everyone did once. And harmless pranks were rather entertaining if it caused little to no harm what so ever. Setting her cup down she wiped her lips of the juice. By this time the girl was fully awake, the sleep was no longer in her face and she was aware of her surroundings. Looking around the room once more she noted that there were many others in the room now. She watched a boy from the Hufflepuff house walk up and place his name in the cup. There was chatter and cheers from his own table and a few others clapped in respect. The girl wondered how many names that the cup had accepted so far.

Two of her friends soon turned out and began to talk amongst themselves. They were plotting for what Riley could hear. No sooner after thinking this a small group of first year’s made there way through the large doors. Casually one of the Slytherin girls slid her foot out across the middle pathway. As she did so a first year caught the misfortune of tripping over her foot. This caused two others behind her to trip forward also. The table behind her erupted in laughter. The girl sat there with a dazed expression. As one of the students made their way from the floor they protested ”What was that for?” The Slytherin girl sitting next to her smirked slyly. ”No harm. You simply tripped.” The girl pulled a coy look towards the victims. One of them grumbled under their breath and Riley gazed at the kid. She lifted her hand lazily and spoke. ”None of you are hurt, no harm, right?” The girl looked at the expressions on the faces of the first years. They all looked at the table of students with spite. Riley had no reason to try and make any type of peace with these students. They seemed to be one sided already. They wished to dislike her only for her house. She let out a sigh. Flipping her hand out she turned towards her friends and spoke. ”Do as you will. I have no part in this.” The girl stood from the table and crossed the path of students who some were still on the floor. Eyes of the students at the tables were on her as he left the great hall, as though she caused the prank. Ignoring the gazes Riley left the great hall taking one last glance at the daughter of Harry Potter, Lily. She smiled with manner as she made her way out of the great hall.

Finding her way down the hall the girl wondered what books she needed first. She’d not even looked at her schedule since they received it. Letting another yawn escape her lips she found her way towards the Slytherin commons to gather her books and her Schedule. Stopping at the Slytherin entrance the girl spoke this years password and the portrait swung open happily. Making her way down the small hallway into the commons the girl absorbed her surroundings for a moment before walking towards the girls dormitories.

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

Other Places Inside and Outside the Castle

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas