Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply PC and other Platform Gaming
My impressions of "zOMG" gaia's new "mmo" Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 am
So, as some of you may know I was chosen to be a gaia beta tester. This means that I get a free account on the beta server with 500k (server cannot transfer anything to real server), and the ability to invite 1 other person to join the beta.

Anyways.

so I log onto the "beta10" server, open up "zOMG" and it says "GAME NOT READY FOR TESTING LAWL"

Ok.

2 days later.

Log on thinking "alright maybe it's up by now!". Open up zOMG. Loads the UI, but doesn't get past load. "Oh, another typical gaia game..." *hits F5*. Game loads, gets to some stupid little animation that's the "intro movie", and of course it freezes on me. *clicks skip*. OK! Now to log into the game! *puts in his account info*. Game gets half way through "connecting through server screen"

Well, I had heard that some people had to play on guest characters... *Presses F5, logs in as guest character* Game gets stuck half way through again. "Ok ok ok, gaia always sucks at this s**t, and it's the beta.." *presses F5 logs in on real char again* *Gets stuck half way through connection* *minimizes screen* "Ok, I'll go see how the people on the beta test forum are doing"

*Looks at MMO board on beta test forum* Every single thread is about "OMG I CAN'T LOG ON crying " or "HOLY s**t LOOK AT THIS GLITCH WHERE MY GAIA GOLD KEEPS ON GOING DOWN" or "WOW THIS INVENTORY SYSTEM SUCKS" etc. etc.

so in short, right now it's a mess. Could it improve? Possibly. But have we really seen any gaia game that doesn't suck? This is gaia's last chance to redeem itself in my eyes...

Apparently the servers aren't big enough to support the whole beta test...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 am
If they make Blackjack so that you can play against others, they will redeem themselves enough.  

Shigeru the Hero

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:24 pm
What do you expect from Gaia, Runescape in HD!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:27 pm
No, runescape actually loads.  

nitnit
Captain

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:28 pm
runescape LAWL  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 pm
I'd say the same about you drew =O  

nitnit
Captain

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 pm
i'll admit i played runescape for a while. however, i quit realizing that it was basically crap.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:49 pm
Just like 70% of MMOs.  

nitnit
Captain

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:52 pm
true. i have yet to find a decent free mmo. i'm playing FFXI but i need something more.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:03 pm
Why people pay for FFXI when there are tons of better MMOs for around or the same price beats me.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 pm
Or if you're cheap, Guild Wars.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:03 pm
Screw MMOs! Just download The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and mod the living crap out of it.  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

Raike99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm
P2P games are really stupid.I mean, when I buy a game, I want it to be mine, I don't want to keep paying for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 pm
You don't have to pay for initially getting most P2P games scrub  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm
Loading issues aside, does anybody actually think this MMO will be any good? I get the impression it'll be a diet version MMO, I think it may only satisfy the casual gamers, not the hardcore gamers.  
PC and other Platform Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff