Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Anime Movies and Manga titles.
Dub or Sub... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w/c u like...
  Dub
  Sub
View Results

alvhinne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:12 am
it depends but mostly i go for sub... a lot of dubbed(English) ones were horrible... few are ok but not so great...
i like how japanese female characters subbed bcoz of their high pitched voice and looks very natural to a certain character they played... *points @ negima!*

man, i cant wait to stream subbed animes... hopefully i could get a high speed internet this month or so... whee  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:29 pm
i agree i mainly like subs but i have seen some good dubs. Lie gravitaion, Getbackers, Fruits basket, Ruouni Kenshin, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, Black Cat, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Girls Bravo and Inuyasha. The Miyazaki movies do a good sub an dub job too.  

Kat the Kitsune

Milady D

8,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:53 am
I agree - subtitles are best. Grave of the Fireflies, among others, is so much better in Japanese. I love Setsuko's voice, especially when she scolds Seita for having bad manners. Although, I must say, I really enjoy the dubbed series like Bleach and Blood Plus - I guess it depends on which actor is doing the voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:46 am
I prefer subtitles to dubbing. If I've watched an anime dubbed before ever seeing it just with subtitles, I don't mind. The exception being when they voices really don't match the character.  

TAD_bit_weird

Lavish Dreamer

26,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Cool Cat 500

SayomiPL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:45 am
i hate dubs !!! wat more malay dubs ! they should just leave the anime the way it is T.T  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:07 pm
i admit that dubs hav there moments, but i luv subs the most. most of the time the voices in subs match the character, and the story line flows alot easier. in dubs though more then half the time the voice actor makes the voice of the character too young 4 it, and they also make up more of the story than needed so the story-line ends up falling apart.  

hope euphoria

7,825 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Asha2188

Eloquent Cat

18,590 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:48 pm
I don't mind either or is fine with me but sub is of better quality at least I think so. The only problem I have with it is they talk so fast and I'm like half way through reading the sub when they start saying something else. But I enjoy listening to it in the way it was intended to be but there are some dub that are not to bad though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 am
I like watching the DVD with both the dub and the sub.  

kool ken

TheBlackCatLentheritia

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:52 pm
The sub is better the dubs kind of cancel out the original version...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:51 am
i definitely prefer subs to dubs....i seriously wondered who ever invented dubbing!!!! i makes the original essense of the show disappear!!!  

crimsonsky91

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 am
I prefer the dubs, because I just don't like reading subtitles. Though, I will watch anime with the subs on an occasion. I feel that the original Japanese voice acting is better than the English version most of the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:50 pm
SayomiPL
imalay dubs !

what?! eek  

alvhinne

Gonkhnation

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:23 am
It depends on which one I see first. Usually, unless the voices are god-awful I'd develop a positive bias towards that version.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:04 am
still against dub though...  

crimsonsky91

Kyoyin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:09 pm
i don't mind dubs as long as they sound decent and matches with the characters like black cat or full metal alchemists, but prefer dubs most of the time.  
Anime Movies and Manga titles.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff