Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Big Bang YG Entertainment Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a kpop guild for BIGBANG lovers and fans. Join if you love BIGBANG! G Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Seungri, Daesung! 

Tags: big bang, BIGBANG, kpop, V.I.P, korean, Yg entertainment, GD, T.O.P, Tae Yang, Dae Sung, Seung Ri 

Reply Gaia's Official Big Bang YG Entertainment Guild
About Big Bang Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big Bang YG-Entertainment
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:13 pm
User Image
User Image

Big Bang is a Korean hip hop and R&B group composed of five members, each contributing different vocal or rapping parts. They are considered to be the new face of the YG Family. In Summer 2006, M-net released an eleven episode documentary that showed the members in training before their debut as a group. The group's formation was chronicled on the television series Big Bang Documentary, from July to August 2006. The show was also aired online on GomTV and on MTV Korea. The first six episodes detailed each individual member's background and motivation for becoming a singer. The documentary portrayed the arduous process of training by showing their dancing and singing practice sessions. Beyond being just an entertaining television show, it was an actual elimination process of candidates unfit for debut. Two members, SO-1 and Seungri (Lee SeungHyun) were considered for elimination, but they were given second chances to showcase their abilities in singing, dancing, and performing. Yet this resulted in Yang Hyun Suk (CEO of YG Entertainment)dropping SO-1 because he lacked stage presence and was "too shy".

Big Bang made their debut on August 19, 2006 at the Gymnastics Arena in Seoul Olympic Park during the YG Family concert. Debuting in 2006, they quickly became popular. Following the performance, the group's first single, "Bigbang", was released. It contained the songs "We Belong Together," featuring labelmate Park Bom; "A Fool's Only Tears" (Korean: 눈물뿐인 바보; Revised Romanization: Nunmulppunin Babo); and "This Love", an adaptation of the American rock band Maroon 5 song, rewritten and performed by G Dragon. The single went on to sell nearly 40,000 copies. The second single, "BigBang Is V.I.P", was released in September, eventually topping 32,000 copies sold. The last single, "Bigbang 03", followed, with final sales nearing 40,000 copies.

At the end of December 2006, Big Bang held their first concert, The Real.

The following month, their debut album, Since 2007, was released, selling 48,009 copies by the end of February 2007. Their first release, the EP Always (2007), spawned the number-one single "Lies" (Korean: 거짓말; Revised Romanization: Geojitmal) .Big Bang experienced great success in 2007 with the release of their single "Lies", shooting the five-member boy band into super stardom as one of the biggest boy bands in Korea. The follow-up EPs Hot Issue and Stand Up were similarly successful. Big Bang have been noted for their music as well as their taste in fashion, becoming famous throughout the country in the process.

On February 8, 2007, Big Bang released their live concert album, The First / Real Live Concert, which sold 30,000 copies by the end of the year. The group also began their Want You tour, visiting five cities: Incheon, Daegu, Changwon, Jeonju and Busan.Their first mini-album, Always, was also released in 2007, and marked several changes for the group. Though previously already writing and composing, the group has decided to take more control over their music. G-Dragon composed and wrote most of the tracks included in their first mini album release including the title single, "Lies" (Korean: 거짓말; Revised Romanization: Geojitmal). The mini-album also saw the introduction of electronic music for Big Bang. Receptions were fairly positive, most notably in regards to the song "Lies", which critics described as "through the roof". Released as the lead single, it became their first #1 hit; the album itself sold 87,0000 copies. Their second mini album, Hot Issue, released that same year, followed its predecessor's success: the lead-single, "Last Farewell", (Korean: 마지막 인사; Revised Romanization: Majimak Insa) topped various charts, including the Juke-On's chart for eight consecutive weeks. It also won the "Song of the Month Digital Music Award" from Cyworld. Tickets for their Big Bang Is Great concert were also reportedly sold out in 10 minutes.

Riding on the success of their mini-album, the group collected numerous awards towards the end of the year, including "Best Male Group" and "Song Of The Year" from the 2007 M.NET/KM Music Festival. They later received the "Artist of the Year" award from the 17th Seoul Music Awards

After they received the "Artist of the Year" award from the M.net KM Music Festival and the Seoul Gayo Daesang Award, the group expanded their activities into Japan, releasing mini-albums and airplay singles.
As 2007 came to a close, Big Bang ventured overseas to Japan. Their first Japanese EP, For the World, released in early 2008, charted at #10 on the Oricon chart with little promotion. The group also held a concert at the JCB Hall in Tokyo Dome City. Their third mini-album of 2008, Stand Up, was released. Featuring Daishi Dance and the Korean rock-band No Brain, Stand Up exceeded the 100,000 mark in sales. "Day By Day" (Korean: 하루하루; Revised Romanization: Haru Haru), the lead single, topped several online charts and held the #1 position for six consecutive weeks. Following the lead single's success, other songs also charted within the Top 20, with "Heaven" reaching #2, "Oh My Friend" hitting #9, "A Good Man" at #12, and "Lady" peaking at #16 — a total of five songs in the Top 20 for the group. Their materials would not receive major promotion until the following year with the release of their first physical Japanese single, "My Heaven".

During the release of their Korean materials, Big Bang released the Japanese song, "Number 1", from their album of the same name, performing the song on Japanese radio programs and TV shows; the album peaked at number-three on the Japan's Oricon daily album chart. Their Korean follow-up album, Remember, also released in 2008, yielded the #1 single, "Sunset Glow" (Korean: 붉은노을; Revised Romanization: Byulkeun Noeul). "Strong Baby", performed solely by Seungri, was released as the second single. The album went on to sell over 200,000 copies. Big Bang received their second "Artist of the Year" award from the 2008 M.NET KM Music Festival award ceremony.

By the end of 2009, Big Bang became the most searched artist in South Korea. They also became the first foreign group in Japan to receive the Japan Cable Broadcasting Award for "Best Newcomer", and the first from Korea to receive the Japan Records award.

Big Bang was labled as the “Best Worldwide Act” for MTV’s 2011 European Music Awards. Big Bang won Best Music Video for MAMA 2011

G-Dragon:
User Image
Date of Birth: August 18, 1988
Kwon Ji Yong (often known as G-Dragon or GD. G-Dragon is the leader and a widely accepted singer-songwriter, winning 'Songwriter Award' in 2007 MKMF (Mnet Km Music Festival). G-dragon has been trained by the YG Family since he was 12 years old along with the fellow Big Bang member, Tae Yang. During their training, they were known as GDYB.

Tae Yang:
User Image
Date of Birth: May 18, 1988
Tae Yang (Dong Young Bae) has been with G-D in YG Entertainment since he was 12. He started out as a rapper but is now one of the vocalists of Big Bang. He was known for being scared of girls, and is still known as the shy, sweet, thoughful and sensitive one in the group.

T.O.P:
User Image
Date of Birth: November 4, 1987
The "Big Brother" of the band is Choi Seung Hyun, also known as Tempo or T.O.P. Before joining Big Bang, he was a star performer in underground hip-hop clubs and even won KBS Radio's "Rap Battle" in 2003. TOP is one of the two rappers in the Big Bang and is also very talented in beat-boxing. Recently, TOP has successfully finished filming his role as the school's top fighter in a Korean drama called, I Am Sam. His character's name in the drama was Chae Mu Shin. It was announced that he would be starring in a drama with Lee Byung Hun in 2009.

Dae Sung:
User Image
Date of Birth: April 26, 1989
Kang Dae Sung, the "Smiling Angel", is a vocalist in Big Bang. Fans praise Dae Sung's humorous personality and astounding vocals and dedicate numerous websites to him. Dae Sung has an obsession with "Doraemon", a Japanese animation. Dae Sung has been also been known as "Gag/Comedy Genius Dae Sung" (Gae Chun Dae Sung in Korean) with his great sense of humor and unique talent in imitating famous people and even animals. He is now also known as D-Lite.

Seung Ri:
User Image
Date of Birth: December 12, 1990
Lee Seung Hyun, or known as "Seung Ri", is the "Little Brother" of Big Bang. His name when Big Bang debuted, was "V" which is derived from Victory. Before joining Big Bang, Seung Ri was on "Battle Shinhwa", a show that was searching for the second Shinhwa. However, he was rejected in the 13th episode because even though he was a great dancer, his vocals failed to impress. However, the manager of YG recognized his talent and invited him to practice with the YG Family. Seung Ri's greatest talents are dancing and choreographing dance routines. He is very strong for the youngest member in the group.

Former Member
SO-1:

SO-1, commonly referred to as Jang Hyun Seung, was dropped from Big Bang in the ninth episode of their documentary, which was shown on GOM Television. He was considered to be a great singer and had a "pretty face". Unfortunately, he did not pass the audition to become a member in Big Bang due to his shyness on stage. He is no longer with YG family.

GOT MORE INFO ON BIG BANG??? FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE!!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:37 pm
JiYong (관지용)
- How he got is name is really simple: 'Ji' = 'G' and 'Yong' = 'Dragon' in Korean translations. Therefore, G-Dragon. :]
- He's started out in the entertainment industry since he was three. He starred in a movie as a little boy (I don't remember the title, sadly) and has modeled for many clothing companies as he started growing older. Reason? His mother took him out to as many auditions as possible.
- From what I've heard some years ago, YG executive, Yang HyunSuk, chose JiYong into the family due to his talent as such a young age (11-13?).
- He's featured in many YG artists' music videos like 'Fine Gentlemen' (YG Family), 'YMCA Baseball Team' (YG Family), and 'Storm' (Perry).
- Apparently, used to be the quiet one when he first started business. His personality switched with YoungBae. Now YoungBae's the quiet one, hahaa!

YoungBae (동영배)
- No one else seems to have the same last name as him in Korea. (Apparently, we're still looking, hahaa!)
- Originally trained to go solo, but failed. Then went into a duo with JiYong, which also failed. Now is part of Big Bang and quite impressively popular. (This info goes the same for JiYong.)
- As everyone already knows, has a very masculine (*cough-sexy-cough*) body. ;;;;

SeungHyun - TOP (최승현)
- Battled and performed underground before auditioning for YG Entertainment's Big Bang.
- Used to be rather chubby. It's amazing how he lost that much weight. <3
- When it comes to hunger and / or food, he's rather impatient. Hahaa!
- Underground stage name: 'Tempo'
- 'TOP' was given to him by Se7en (Choi DongWook) himself.
- Only works out for his health, not for looks and built. ^^v

DaeSung (강대성)
- Currently takes a part in a variety show with Yoo JaeSeuk (MC 유) called 페밀리가 떳다 (translated to something like 'Risen Family') - also featuring Lee HyoRi, Kim YeJin, Kim SooRo, Park? CheunHee, and Kim JongShim.
- Grew up with 트로트 ('trot' - Korean oldies) due to his mother continuously playing it in the morning when he wakes up.
- His father did not approve of DaeSung's choice to join the music industry (like most parents) until he saw a recording DaeSung made for him and a performance. His father cried, how sweet~! ;___;
- Likes to work out. And always eats healthy.
- Recieved a title of 'Dumb and Dumber' (Yoo JaeSeuk being his partner in crime) after the first episode of 'Risen Family'. xD
- Personal opinion: His voice always sounds cracked... But it's cute. Hahaa!

SeungHyun - SeungRi (이승현)
- Had a girlfriend who was older than him by a year.
- Performed in 'Battle ShinHwa' before auditioning for Big Bang.
- Thinks highly of himself in the music industry and hopes to go solo one day.
- Performed in a musical, 소나기 ('Rainfall'), in Summer 2008.
- Had been watched by JiYong during his Battle ShinHwa years. JiYong made a remark before he found out SeungHyun joined the group, but I can't remember what he said. I do remember him being shocked at SeungHyun, because the remark he made was about the little kid.
- Personal opinion: I want to assume he got his name 'SeungRi' after given the chance to re-audition with So-1 (Lee SeungHyun) and passed. 'SeungRi' meaning victory in Korean. (I'm probably wrong so correct me.)

.... I can't think of any other recent / old information about them so I'll let my brain rest for now. ^__^v Hope this helps a bit more with some of the new Big Bang fans.

bvlgari luxe

bvlgari luxe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:56 pm
OH YEAH! DaeSung will be performing as 'Rum Tum Tugger' in the musical 'CATS' with Ock JooHyun some time this month... Actually, I believe its around the 20th. xD

Oh, how I wish I was able to see it. Hahaa! I just watched their interview.
It sounds very interesting. :] Fighting DaeSung! Fighting Ock JooHyun!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:09 pm
since it is 09 now,i think gd is 21 and top is 22 and dae-sung is 20 and seungri 19 and tae-yang 21,well i think  

Raniechan

nancelot
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:22 am
ii_swagergiirl_ii
since it is 09 now,i think gd is 21 and top is 22 and dae-sung is 20 and seungri 19 and tae-yang 21,well i think

in korea you add one year to their age [it's an asian lunar calendar thing]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:26 am
I think they have their new single/album coming up.  

Kaoru-pyon

applentotoro

5,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm
BIG BANG ROCKS TONITE OH OH EH OH GO BIG BANG !!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:31 am
Seung Ri saying that he have a girlfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6K3_Abeo-Q&feature=PlayList&p=FB9DD8FEFF2C2F7D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

Just copy and past it. Then ur not leaving Gaia.  

Orime

Big Bang YG-Entertainment
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:47 am
Orime
Seung Ri saying that he have a girlfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6K3_Abeo-Q&feature=PlayList&p=FB9DD8FEFF2C2F7D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

Just copy and past it. Then ur not leaving Gaia.

Hahah, I watched this awhile ago. Then Seung Ri says that his girlfriend are all of his FANS!! Lol. (I did not know that Seung Ri and I are dating... Jk! I wish!) xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:29 pm
thanks for the info  

cansuaston100

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100

YurrAsianBarbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:17 pm
The former member of Big Bang(So-1)
is currently a member of the boy band "B2ST" or "Beast".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 pm
2010 Big Show started a few days ago. heart  

Doped Duck

cansuaston100

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 pm
they are soooooooooooooo cute  
Gaia's Official Big Bang YG Entertainment Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]