Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
(Un)official LOH IRC Channel Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:45 pm
UPDATE 08/27/08:

The channel is up and running and I've got a bot in there that will hopefully make managing this channel easier.
Now all I need is for people to actually use the channel.

---------------------------

I'm not sure if the LOH already has a chatroom, but in any case, I'm working on getting one up on IRC (#LOHGuild, irc.esper.net). Since GO doesn't have personal chatrooms yet (other than houses), I thought it would be a good idea to create a place for us to chat in real time...at least until someone gets off their butt and creates us a guild hall.

I have one problem though: I have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone here experienced in being a channel OP on IRC and is willing to give pointers to a n00b?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:16 pm
no, but it's a good idea though. i'll support this with you, boxman.  

Ronzalpha201

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:22 pm
Is not a bad idea Boxman but still will be more easy what Subforums are more active to see where is the people, suddenly i donĀ“t know where to chat it was more easy to see the main page know who is online and play/chat when the games were there maybe i need to get used to see what is the forum with more people that is active. Still is a good idea to create a forum where all the legionnares that are active be in one chat, then i support you Boxman.
.n_n.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:35 pm
Channel's registered, so you can join in now. I'm currently the only one who's opped, but if any of the crew decide to join I will op them as well.

EDIT: If one doesn't want to download an IRC client, they can use this. After logging on, type /join #LOHGuild.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:27 pm
Oh! This is really cool. I support this chatroom 100%! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm
I tried that link you provided and all it really did. Was close every browser I currently had up at the time.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:28 pm
LanceCalvis
I tried that link you provided and all it really did. Was close every browser I currently had up at the time.

Worked fine for me. You can always try SearchIRC's java client. Click on the second link.

Firefox also has an IRC extention called Chatzilla.

I'm staring to have doubts about this chatroom now. I'm in way over my head. I at least want to figure out how to get auto-ops working right and how to ban/kick people.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:31 pm
Did you try emailing that one contact? He's a friend of my brothers that runs his own websites. And has some college level knowledge of this sort of thing.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:47 pm
this should be in the chatterbox...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:36 pm
Channel is sooo inactive xDD

Now talking in #LOHGuild
* dream.esper.net sets mode: +nt
* ChanServ changes topic to 'Many welcomes to all Legion of Helpers guild members!'
* ChanServ sets mode: +nt-o Jetfirehack

I joined just now, 1 person = meh

If you can't get PJIRC to work just download mIRC or another IRC client...

@Lancecalvis - Everyone runs their own websites O_O Unless they're rich and hired someone to do it for $5000/month.  

JettyZ

vicious-yuki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:12 pm
o__O interesting. I'm gonna check it out as well. Kool.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 pm
JettyZ
Channel is sooo inactive xDD

Now talking in #LOHGuild
* dream.esper.net sets mode: +nt
* ChanServ changes topic to 'Many welcomes to all Legion of Helpers guild members!'
* ChanServ sets mode: +nt-o Jetfirehack

I joined just now, 1 person = meh

If you can't get PJIRC to work just download mIRC or another IRC client...

@Lancecalvis - Everyone runs their own websites O_O Unless they're rich and hired someone to do it for $5000/month.

.... wow really?... 5k a month... thats alot...  

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:02 pm
LanceCalvis
Did you try emailing that one contact? He's a friend of my brothers that runs his own websites. And has some college level knowledge of this sort of thing.

I don't want to contact him unless I absolutely have to. I don't want to look like a stupid noob.

@JettyZ: I just created this channel yesterday FFS. It's obvious nobody's using it right now.

Also, I'm starting to doubt my choice of server. EsperNET seems to have a lot of loonballs and I'm afraid the channel will eventually get hijacked. Of course, that could just be the paranoid in me talking.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:40 am
Teh Boxman
LanceCalvis

I don't want to contact him unless I absolutely have to. I don't want to look like a stupid noob.

@JettyZ: I just created this channel yesterday FFS. It's obvious nobody's using it right now.

Also, I'm starting to doubt my choice of server. EsperNET seems to have a lot of loonballs and I'm afraid the channel will eventually get hijacked. Of course, that could just be the paranoid in me talking.

LOL It's just that IRC's tend to become very active on small sites then die. mrgreen  

JettyZ

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:31 am
The chat is open. Is anyone using it?  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items