Reply Breaking Dawn
Why I think breaking dawn wasn't good. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beiber_fever69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 pm

19/8/08 edit: Sorry , I found just found out like 2 days ago that Stephenie wrote this before NM and Eclispe.

Well one , I want to start off saying it's not 100% Stephenie's fault but Ill get back to that.
Okay so here's Stephenie , who really you could tell wanted to end the series.
I think she just saw that everyone wanted them to have sex , get married , uh Idk where she got 'have a kid' part? Maybe in her religion they like to have kids (no disrespect , like im furreal lmao). But really this book looked like she took time on it , but then just really gave up once they got to the whole honeymoon thing.
Was she working on The Host and Breaking Dawn at the same time? Maybe she just got all caught up in The Host , that when she got to breaking dawn she just kindof 'quit'.
I think she was kindof pressured into making this book , and would feel guilty for the fans if she didnt. But I mean , really she didnt have to make it come out this year , she couldve given herelf more time. Even though im susre the publishers and whoever were pressuring her to finish it.. or she could've not made a fourth one at all..It's better to let our imagination run , then to be left with something that ruins our view ont he first three books.
But really , I know some people may have liked this book, but how I saw the first three were as:
Like when you read the first three books Stephenie describes i so realistic that like it almost makes you believe in turn love like that. And In this book it's horribly written , it doesn't make it real , like in the others its like a real story. She puts no emotion into it , it's like a crappy love story. Nothing like you'd imagine Edward and Bella to act like. (Kind of Bella , but Edward was really off in this book I though).

If this is a repeat , you can delete.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:04 am
Heck no. No excusses for Steph. Stephenie says that this is how she wanted the book to end. She knew exactly what she was doing. Maybe she was rushed to get it out quickly, but the plot is what she wanted all along. I don't think she quit. Back when she was still writting BD she said on her myspace she was writting about 40 pages a day. and she was done with the draft before springtime (i think)

Even IF she WAS rushed or pressured, it still blows my mind how this book could be so.....GAH!!! <--(That's how I'm explaining my feelings on this book.) The book was Twilight, but it lacked the substance that made the other books so wonderful. I liked it because there was still humor and good stuff in it but it was put together so weird. Renesmee made it weirder even though I liked the kid's character she took away from the EdwardxBella effect which i didn't like. There was not REAL plot until the middle of 3rd book. It all came together so BLAH. So I'm not sure if I can give her a cop-out of being rushed/pressured. Maybe in the editing process they took a lot of things out...i don't know.

Maybe this was supposed to have a different feeling to it since it's the begining of Edward and Bella's life together, but I think there could've been better. period. more details on a lot of things. *sighs* so many mixed feelings. Steph left us all confused.  

Aqua Anjel

RAWRxiloveyooh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 am
i somewhat agree. i mean, i liked the book for the most part. but once i got to jacob's pov and until the end, i felt as if i was reading a fanfiction. bella and edward having a baby didn't seem real to me. i thought it was impossible for that to happen. plus the whole 'volturi-coming-thing' completely pointless. i was anticipating a fight the entire time, but noooo. sure i didn't want anyone to die, but come on. a little action would be nice, you know?
i agree that it lost a lot of emotion and realistic-ness and substance that made the other three books incredible. BD went a little downhill, i was a bit disappointed.
But i don't think she quit, this is how she wanted it. if this wasn't how she wanted it, then why write it?
if i were an author, sure i'd be thinking of my fans, but rather more on how felt it should go since it all came from my head, it was my creation.
so whatever, we can't really change anything. why bother complaining?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:27 pm
honestly i still havent decided what i think of the book...i was left with tears of joy and of utter confusion......im just frustrated that everytime she leads up to like a huge battle scene she couphs out and makes everyone eat butterflies and poop rainbows! im like enouph with the sappy then the sunshine came out and we all lived in peace crap! i wanted some hard core forcefield shape shifting volturi madness pain inflecting earth binding awesomness! but instead i got " let us live in peace" WHAT THE FRIGGIN EDWARD CULLEN!!?????? ok and am i the only one that wants to wack bella upside the head for naming that godlike angel of a child RENESME???? wtf!!!??? one day shes going to grow up and look at her mother and say " were you on something when you named me!?"
yeah so theres my ranting for today......im such a goober for talking about this still but i cant even help it! im so messed up now and its all because of mrs. meyer!....ok maybe i was messed up before but whatever......  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

La Beaute

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:34 pm
M a d d i C u l l e n
honestly i still havent decided what i think of the book...i was left with tears of joy and of utter confusion......im just frustrated that everytime she leads up to like a huge battle scene she couphs out and makes everyone eat butterflies and poop rainbows! im like enouph with the sappy then the sunshine came out and we all lived in peace crap! i wanted some hard core forcefield shape shifting volturi madness pain inflecting earth binding awesomness! but instead i got " let us live in peace" WHAT THE FRIGGIN EDWARD CULLEN!!?????? ok and am i the only one that wants to wack bella upside the head for naming that godlike angel of a child RENESME???? wtf!!!??? one day shes going to grow up and look at her mother and say " were you on something when you named me!?"
yeah so theres my ranting for today......im such a goober for talking about this still but i cant even help it! im so messed up now and its all because of mrs. meyer!....ok maybe i was messed up before but whatever......

Chicka, dont worry. I wonder if Bella ran out of names. (I find it hard to believe) Everytime I read the name Renessmee I think, What on earth is that name?! I honestly dislike the name, why not name her Lacy or something? And I'm all for action and fighting. And what was honestly the point of the Volturi coming??  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:36 pm
La Beaute
M a d d i C u l l e n

Chicka, dont worry. I wonder if Bella ran out of names. (I find it hard to believe) Everytime I read the name Renessmee I think, What on earth is that name?! I honestly dislike the name, why not name her Lacy or something? And I'm all for action and fighting. And what was honestly the point of the Volturi coming??

thank goodness im not the only one who doesnt feel that way!
like serisosuly! for something so beautiful you would think she could come up with something equally as amazing! yet she names the kid renesme? ill never understand....
i know right!!??? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT!! they might as well just called up carlisle and thrown a hissy fit!  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

ProcrastinatorN1

Shameless Informer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:08 am
Aqua Anjel
Heck no. No excusses for Steph. Stephenie says that this is how she wanted the book to end. She knew exactly what she was doing. Maybe she was rushed to get it out quickly, but the plot is what she wanted all along. I don't think she quit. Back when she was still writting BD she said on her myspace she was writting about 40 pages a day. and she was done with the draft before springtime (i think)

Even IF she WAS rushed or pressured, it still blows my mind how this book could be so.....GAH!!! <--(That's how I'm explaining my feelings on this book.) The book was Twilight, but it lacked the substance that made the other books so wonderful. I liked it because there was still humor and good stuff in it but it was put together so weird. Renesmee made it weirder even though I liked the kid's character she took away from the EdwardxBella effect which i didn't like. There was not REAL plot until the middle of 3rd book. It all came together so BLAH. So I'm not sure if I can give her a cop-out of being rushed/pressured. Maybe in the editing process they took a lot of things out...i don't know.

Maybe this was supposed to have a different feeling to it since it's the begining of Edward and Bella's life together, but I think there could've been better. period. more details on a lot of things. *sighs* so many mixed feelings. Steph left us all confused.

I agree!! At first, I felt like I wanted to kill Bella all throughout Book 2, from Jacob's POV, and then it slightly got better cuz she was immortal but still-- Renesmee does take away from the EdwardxBella ultimate love...

And just the plot of having a baby doesn't make sense to me (and yes, it does read like a fanfiction). How can a vampire, who's frozen and has no heartbeat, can still have what it takes to make a baby??? Rosalie's body can't change to have a baby, why can Edward make one!?! *Sigh*

I did like the funny parts, like all the blond jokes and-- well, Meyer's humor pretty much... but it was disappointing on so many levels... I'll go re-read Twilight now to grin and giggle like an idiot.. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 pm
! R A ! N B O W !
Well one , I want to start off saying it's not 100% Stephenie's fault but Ill get back to that.
Okay so here's Stephenie , who really you could tell wanted to end the series.
I think she just saw that everyone wanted them to have sex , get married , uh Idk where she got 'have a kid' part? Maybe in her religion they like to have kids (no disrespect , like im furreal lmao). But really this book looked like she took time on it , but then just really gave up once they got to the whole honeymoon thing.
Was she working on The Host and Breaking Dawn at the same time? Maybe she just got all caught up in The Host , that when she got to breaking dawn she just kindof 'quit'.
I think she was kindof pressured into making this book , and would feel guilty for the fans if she didnt. But I mean , really she didnt have to make it come out this year , she couldve given herelf more time. Even though im susre the publishers and whoever were pressuring her to finish it.. or she could've not made a fourth one at all..It's better to let our imagination run , then to be left with something that ruins our view ont he first three books.
But really , I know some people may have liked this book, but how I saw the first three were as:
Like when you read the first three books Stephenie describes i so realistic that like it almost makes you believe in turn love like that. And In this book it's horribly written , it doesn't make it real , like in the others its like a real story. She puts no emotion into it , it's like a crappy love story. Nothing like you'd imagine Edward and Bella to act like. (Kind of Bella , but Edward was really off in this book I though).

If this is a repeat , you can delete.

that does make sense but i beleive this is all hers and how she wanted the book and idk it was a little like WTF  

LexiLu Latte

hkkpfwg96

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:55 pm
I understand what you're trying to say.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:12 pm
I agree that Breaking Dawn did lack some of the other books' charms. I also did get the sense that in BD, Steph was getting a little lazy (for lack of a better word). For example, the "real" werewolves? What does Edward mean, "It never came up?" There were plenty of chances to talk about them, yet no one even mentioned them until the end of BD. I kind of got the impression that Steph just sort of tacked that on the end there without setting it up at all. And also, couldn't she think of a more creative response as to what Jasper did to frighten Jenks? Jasper's response to Bella's question was rather unimaginative, in my opinion. As to the question about the Volturi, well, I actually DO understand why there couldn't be a huge fight. It would be unrealistic for all of the Cullens to survive such a fight, and Steph couldn't very well end the series with the death of a Cullen, even if there were some survivors. However, although I understand why there couldn't be a fight, I admit that it was anticlimatic that there wasn't one. Overall, I agree that BD started off pretty good, but then sort of fizzled out, then got good again, then fizzled out again at the end.  

Glitterbean

RisSohma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:58 pm
Quote:

Agreed.

And she didnt write this exact book before she wrote New Moon and Eclipse. She had written a different one that she didn't want to give away because it had spoilers for Breaking Dawn.

And even if she had, she could have done more editing to it.

Basically, I just agree with what you had said. As an author, she is respondible for what she writes. If she is proud of the way that the book came out, then she should feel accomplished. It's just not my cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:36 pm
i really really loved this book and i think it was wonderfully written

and like rainbow said about how it feels like it has no emotion in it and everything

i think that it has a lot of emotion in it. like rainbow said the first three books were very detailed and everything and i think that since those first three were very detailed, when reading this, it was already like you knew everything. like we already knew how bella was and how edward was and how jacob was so there wasn't really any reason for stuff like that to be very detailed but towards book two, bellas p.o.v., i felt like it was very detailed because everything was new in bella's p.o.v. since she was a new vampire

and i think that they were themselves but of course they were 'different' because they were 'older' in a sense. in the first three books it was like they were still growing and everything had to be very emotional and very detailed because its like everything is new. but this is the fourth and last book, from bellas p.o.v. anyway, and they have to be 'grown up' by now. i imagined them to act the way they did in this book but, of course, everyone doesnt think the same way

i don't think that it was really written like a fan fiction and i think everything she said, with jacob's p.o.v., and everything was very important. how would all the jacob fans feel if jacob didn't get to say his side

and with the thing about bella and edward having a baby was kind of confusing but it kinda really didn't matter, maybe he was able to do it because a lot of his 'human' stuff came back a little because of bella lol i really dont know but i think that the chance of bella getting pregnant was a plot because first of all who knows how a half human/half vampire really comes about? does anyone survive it since vampires are incredibly strong? does the baby have a human heart beat? and many more questions that can lead to a wondrous story. (if she didn't get pregnant what else could happen? there would basically be no reason for the fourth book, well a long one, because at the end of eclipse they were engaged and breaking dawn would be really thin if there was just a wedding, honeymoon, and a short happily ever after)

and i think that when she put in the background information about how there were stories about it happening was a good enough reason to why edward could get bella pregnant. and, if the subject of there being stories from long ago came up in the first place, how would it be if edward and bella weren't the one in a million types of people? i mean they kind of already are, so how would this not work?

and i dont think that there was really time to explain the whole "real" werewolves situation because thats a whole other story in itself and it really didn't matter because it doesn't go with how bella and jacob and everybody knows how "werewolves" are anyway.

and bellas babys name is just a mix of the two people who are her mothers, bella feels so strongly about them why wouldn't she want to name her child anything else but a mix between those two people? and the baby just multiplied what edward and bella already were because she was a mix between THEM. and since jacob imprinted on her, she was kinda the reason why jacob and bella meant something in the first place. if jacob felt so strongly about bella in the first place it was like how strongly would he feel about her baby and everything

i really feel like the whole battle thing wouldn't have worked because if there was a fight there would probably have to be a fifth book from bellas p.o.v., like how the other three books had fights, and stephenie really wanted this to be the last one so there just couldn't have been one

but think about it, i know i felt like something could possibly go down but she didn't really end it like there would or wouldn't be a fight in the future from someone elses p.o.v. and everything

overall i think the book was amazing, and it's my favorite one from the series.  

minetxavicennaxcitrouille

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:02 pm
like rainbow said the first three books were very detailed and everything and i think that since those first three were very detailed, when reading this, it was already like you knew everything

Even though we, who have followed the book all this time know the characters inside and out, there was new stuff that she threw in there that she didn't explain. You used "The Children of the moon" as an example...Honestly I think she threw that crap in there to have the ending not get so complicated as to why the "werewolves" sided with he cullens. And if Edward knew they weren't werewolves, there were PLENTY of times to say, "hey they aren't really werewolves so stop calling them that".

and i think that they were themselves but of course they were 'different' because they were 'older' in a sense

NO. There was such OOCness it made no sense...again. Take Edward breaking down and asking for Jacob to make babies with Bella. HELLO! At the time, Edward couldn't stand Jacob he tolerated him for Bella. Even if I'm wrong...The idea of Jake screwing Bella WOULD NOT sit well with him no matter how desperate he got. There are other ways to make babies. to have sex with his WIFE and him being OKAY with it is NOT Edward, hun. Especially to treat Bella as some hooker or something.... And the dialouge in a lot of parts was so stupid. I don't have my book with me, but I could sure as hell point some out. Character development is one thing, but having them loose their mind doing things they just would NOT do or say...haha. It got too irrational in SOME parts.

I don't think that it was really written like a fan fiction
YES it was. It was still Stephenie's work, but everything was so easily fixed. So, the plot was based around Nessie who is impossible to begin with. For example, even if Steph didn't actually say, "vampires can't have babies because of the vemon blah blah", HOW CAN A LIVING CORPS PRODUCE SPERM? They can't because nothing in their body works. Venom replaced by sperm, maybe? adding to the hot FLUFF that is Breaking dawn. Quick fix like everything else. I would've been more satisfied with Nessie being called "a miracal baby". then the Mary Sue of her. "she's beautiful (but that is a duh being half vamp), has powers, will grow up fully and live forever, and if she wants she can have a hot "shapshifter" b/f. NO flaws like most everything in the book. fanfic style writting.

and i dont think that there was really time to explain the whole "real" werewolves situation because thats a whole other story in itself
Haha, if J.K Rowling can make books over 1,000 pages, why can't Steph? She wrote a backstory to the "immortal children", Jasper's story, the volturi, ect so why can't she briefly explain the children of the moon. maybe for a future book with Renesmee? .....it was like, "Oh yeah there are children of the moon or something like that and the "wolves" you know and love are fake....yeah...So who else want's cupcakes? ...."

i really feel like the whole battle thing wouldn't have worked because if there was a fight there would probably have to be a fifth book from bellas p.o.v., like how the other three books had fights, and stephenie really wanted this to be the last one so there just couldn't have been one

What? No it could've just been the end. It didn't even have to be a fight where anyone died. And even if it was, plenty of books end in Tragedy....It just would've been nice if they had to FIGHT to be a family. For Bella to have to FIGHT to keep what was so easily given to her. I personally just hate everything was so cookie cutter.

No sex, no Bella angst about her father (just her mom), no Bella newborn struggle, no Jacob finding happiness on his own terms... the nessie imprinting was cute, but it's something Jake can't control. Who's to say Nessie just wants to be his friend in 20 years? What then? I think it would've been nicer if Jake just fell in love like everyone else...except Quil, Sam, and Jarred. There was plenty of ways Steph could've ended the series. More exciting or something. It was all that drama and then there was no climax or falling action. but NO. it felt like an easy way out....

I respect your love for the book, I really do. I just can't accept BD as something that made sense. Like I said millions of times in other post, the book was cute and I liked it because of certian parts. But that's all it was. cute.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:39 pm
I think that everything she needed to write about was in there and it was the perfect way to end the series. I mean, the only reason why it was in Jacob's point of view was because Bella's life was all barf and bore. She was pregnant AND sick for goodness sakes. It only got exciting when she was having Renesmee.  

Unikorn_Stew

Streakster

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:42 am
I think having the child screwed up the book. And not having the fight in the end was just keeping all this suspensethen nothing happened. I agree it was to rushed. Her first novel was the best, she didn't write it for fans, only because she wanted to remember her dream. But breaking dawn came because of fame perhaps, fans and producers and probably other things pressuring her.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff