Alot of you have been complaing, but you must remember! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:38 pm
Alright, so most of you have been complaining to the fact that Breaking Dawn wasn't all that great. Like, it was a bad fanfiction, or it was was rushed. Well, you all have to remember that Stephenie Meyer wrote it before New Moon and Eclipse.

So, all the good described touching between Edward and Bella was drool worthy in New Moon and Eclipse was good and stuff, she might of just changed the style of writing after Breaking Dawn.

To me, Breaking Dawn was semi-written like Twilight. And in Twilight it's not all touchy-touchy like New Moon and Eclipse.

I just wanted to make you guys make your brains jag a little bit. To think about it for a little while. I just don't like the bad feed-back. I think Stephenie was really pumped about Breaking Dawn, and I am sure it makes her feel a little weak inside to read reviews like that. I am sure she's read many on other sites. [she said she goes on blogs and forums a lot and looks at what people think about her books.]

If you still don't really like Breaking Dawn after reading this, then fine, that's alright. You have your opinions as many people do. May you like Midnight Sun. :]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:57 pm
its really nice of you to put this up! i really hope it changes some peoples perspectives on this book...becuase even though it was abit crazy and in my opinion not the best it was still really exciting and good plus steaphenie obviously worked hard on it so i think we should all be grateful. she almost didnt do a 4th book. she had to Fight to get a fourth book and she did for us so lets all just be happy it happened and move on! anyways shes still writing midnight sun and theyll be plenty of other books shell write after this! she said itll be like mermaid,ghost,witch stuff! im oober excited!  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:16 pm
M a d d i C u l l e n
its really nice of you to put this up! i really hope it changes some peoples perspectives on this book...becuase even though it was abit crazy and in my opinion not the best it was still really exciting and good plus steaphenie obviously worked hard on it so i think we should all be grateful. she almost didnt do a 4th book. she had to Fight to get a fourth book and she did for us so lets all just be happy it happened and move on! anyways shes still writing midnight sun and theyll be plenty of other books shell write after this! she said itll be like mermaid,ghost,witch stuff! im oober excited!

I forgot to add she had to fight to get Breaking Dawn out. Which makes a little more saddening that people are giving bad feedback. I know they have their opinions and their right to choose whether they like it or not. But they could at least give Steph and little gratitude. :]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:17 pm
Yes , but she also had a year to re-read and add details.
And no i do not think it's any like Twilight.
To me Twilight will stay my favorite book, just because how well it is written.
I think for all the popularity that her other books have gotten , she should've taken it into perspective of what this book would do to her reputation of a wonderful writer. I'm still reading Breaking Dawn , and it's getting better..just I'd never compare it (let me emphasize never) to the other books.
It's not bad , but it just doesnt seem like a Edward&&Bella kind of story.
Comments from other people on Yahoo Answers who I have to agree with.
"I felt really disconnected from all of the characters, which I think lends itself to what people are saying about how it seems like it wasn't written by Stephenie Meyer."
--
"It was extremely different from the rest of the saga and therefore doesn't necessarily appeal to the original fans. I think lots of people were expecting something totally different and ended up disappointed."

No dis-respect , If this would've been the first book, I could see it getting much more horrible reviews , and it never getting as popular as Twilight.
It's just not ..Idk..addicting.
(The reason why I might come so harshly ,is that I rarely find a book I like..and When I read the Twilight series I loved it SO much.. And to see this book come out the way it has is just disappointing..)

beiber_fever69

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:27 pm
! R A ! N B O W !
I think for all the popularity that her other books have gotten , she should've taken it into perspective of what this book would do to her reputation of a wonderful writer. I'm still reading Breaking Dawn , and it's getting better..just I'd never compare it (let me emphasize never) to the other books.
"I felt really disconnected from all of the characters, which I think lends itself to what people are saying about how it seems like it wasn't written by Stephenie Meyer."
--
"It was extremely different from the rest of the saga and therefore doesn't necessarily appeal to the original fans. I think lots of people were expecting something totally different and ended up disappointed."

No dis-respect , If this would've been the first book, I could see it getting much more horrible reviews , and it never getting as popular as Twilight.
(The reason why I might come so harshly ,is that I rarely find a book I like..and When I read the Twilight series I loved it SO much.. And to see this book come out the way it has is just disappointing..)

I am sure she looked over it time and time again. Though, I'd also like to add that things are different in their lives and Bella has grown up a little. Bella is a vampire, they now have Renesemee to love for also. There was so much happening in so little time, I think they didn't have a lot of time to be as close to each other. And that there was also seemed to be a lot going on that Stephenie herself couldn't connect you with as many of the characters as possible.

Then, book two of course is in Jacob's POV. Meaning, you're getting a taste of him. He's not really as close to the vampire's in his POV at the time before imprinting on Renesemee. You're more connecting to Leah and Seth.

Everyone is so connected to the relastionship between Edward and Bella they seem to forget about the other parts of the story. The vampires is what kind of made up the Twilight Saga. With not really reading much about them, or being close to them in the reading process makes you feel different during reading.

There's more to the story than just the love, you also have to look deeper into it than that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
! R A ! N B O W !
--

I am sure she looked over it time and time again. Though, I'd also like to add that things are different in their lives and Bella has grown up a little. Bella is a vampire, they now have Renesemee to love for also. There was so much happening in so little time, I think they didn't have a lot of time to be as close to each other. And that there was also seemed to be a lot going on that Stephenie herself couldn't connect you with as many of the characters as possible.

Then, book two of course is in Jacob's POV. Meaning, you're getting a taste of him. He's not really as close to the vampire's in his POV at the time before imprinting on Renesemee. You're more connecting to Leah and Seth.

Everyone is so connected to the relastionship between Edward and Bella they seem to forget about the other parts of the story. The vampires is what kind of made up the Twilight Saga. With not really reading much about them, or being close to them in the reading process makes you feel different during reading.

There's more to the story than just the love, you also have to look deeper into it than that.

I never said she didnt add enough love or anything. But simply when she did (or even when she didnt) She did not write detail or explain there emotion towards what they were saying or doing.

Lets look at Gorge W. Bush for example.. (lmao)
Okay so when he talks , his pattern is Two words at a time , and never showing emotion to his words, just more of saying then actual feeling.
Thats what I feel Stephenie failed at doing in this book , adding feeling to it.
You can't feel it , get a grip, smell , even taste of there surrounding or life or love.
You dont feel anything.

The love btween them was so well in the other books , it made people believe in something. It made them believe there was true love.
It made them believe there were maybe even Vampires. That's how real it felt.

This book is alright , but it's more of words then anything.
Isn't it that Stephenie wrote this for her own pleasure? Then she should've kept it her own. Im sorry but if she wrote this book just for the fun of it , good for her..I mean it's her characters mine as well make a fun story of happily ever after---and sex.
But she could've re-written it for us. When she writes , she knows exactly whats in her head. And we are not Edward , we cant know what she's thinking..

It just hasn't reached out to me like the others did.

beiber_fever69

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:43 pm
I agree.
She's had this in her head for like five years, so it's obviously not rushed.

I think the reason a lot of people have problems with it is because
a) We (well, most of us, myself included) were so sure that there was no way in hell that Edward could ever get Bella pregnant, that we immediatly cast it as being fanfiction material only, when in reality it was a possibility, and
b) Bella looses a lot of her relatability when she becomes a vampire, mostly because she is no longer of the same species. We can no longer do everything Bella can do. Now she can run fast, hear, see and smell so much better, is graceful beyond the imagination and inhumanily beautiful. We aren't those things, we can't really step into her shoes like we used to, we can to an extent, but not like when she was human. Therefore, it gives the book a different feel to it, it's not quite the same as the others.

But still, I think quite a few people were being quite harsh, considering Stephenie gave us pretty much exactly what we wanted (mariage, vampire conversion etc.).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:55 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I agree.

a) We (well, most of us, myself included) were so sure that there was no way in hell that Edward could ever get Bella pregnant, that we immediatly cast it as being fanfiction material only, when in reality it was a possibility, and
b) Bella looses a lot of her relatability when she becomes a vampire, mostly because she is no longer of the same species. We can no longer do everything Bella can do. Now she can run fast, hear, see and smell so much better, is graceful beyond the imagination and inhumanily beautiful. We aren't those things, we can't really step into her shoes like we used to, we can to an extent, but not like when she was human. Therefore, it gives the book a different feel to it, it's not quite the same as the others.

But still, I think quite a few people were being quite harsh, considering Stephenie gave us pretty much exactly what we wanted (mariage, vampire conversion etc.).

I agree 100% >o<

I believe Stephenie gave us what we wanted , just not in the right way. But ugh Idk , she'll remain my favorite author. I believe everyone's going to have a time when they mess up drastically on something very important, and it just happened to be on Breaking dawn..  

beiber_fever69

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 pm
! R A ! N B O W !
Pubic Genital Lice
! R A ! N B O W !
--

I never said she didnt add enough love or anything. But simply when she did (or even when she didnt) She did not write detail or explain there emotion towards what they were saying or doing.

Lets look at Gorge W. Bush for example.. (lmao)
Okay so when he talks , his pattern is Two words at a time , and never showing emotion to his words, just more of saying then actual feeling.
Thats what I feel Stephenie failed at doing in this book , adding feeling to it.
You can't feel it , get a grip, smell , even taste of there surrounding or life or love.
You dont feel anything.

The love btween them was so well in the other books , it made people believe in something. It made them believe there was true love.
It made them believe there were maybe even Vampires. That's how real it felt.

This book is alright , but it's more of words then anything.
Isn't it that Stephenie wrote this for her own pleasure? Then she should've kept it her own. Im sorry but if she wrote this book just for the fun of it , good for her..I mean it's her characters mine as well make a fun story of happily ever after---and sex.
But she could've re-written it for us. When she writes , she knows exactly whats in her head. And we are not Edward , we cant know what she's thinking..

It just hasn't reached out to me like the others did.

Oh well, I guess that's your opinion, I won't fight it. :]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:51 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I agree.

Yes, that's all true. I just think people's noses are still stuck in the other books to the point it's just like, "No, that can't be..blah blah blah crap."

It's dark, just like a vampire novel should be. Feelings and all cravings are different from when Bella was a human. Her feelings are some what the same, except for her wanting too much sex. But I guess for vampires it's different.

For some reason though, the baby thing didn't surprise me, which made me feel better about the book. Ease it up.

People should just stop complaining a little. Like you said, she gave up what we wanted. Fans are acting like a spoiled brat, so to say.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

beiber_fever69

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:07 am
Pubic Genital Lice
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I agree.

Yes, that's all true. I just think people's noses are still stuck in the other books to the point it's just like, "No, that can't be..blah blah blah crap."

It's dark, just like a vampire novel should be. Feelings and all cravings are different from when Bella was a human. Her feelings are some what the same, except for her wanting too much sex. But I guess for vampires it's different.

For some reason though, the baby thing didn't surprise me, which made me feel better about the book. Ease it up.

People should just stop complaining a little. Like you said, she gave up what we wanted. Fans are acting like a spoiled brat, so to say.

We're just being open-minded to our opinions.
You're complaining as well.
It's just a 'battle' between opposite opinions. Its immature for you to go and call us "brats" , when I have not to call you supporters anything. we could easily say "Stop supporting Breaking Dawn!", but wouldnt that be just a little rude? Opinions ARE like assholes , everyone has one. So get used to it , because most likely there is always going to be people that disagree with you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 pm
SM stuck to her guns when she wrote this book, according to her interviews she has this book finished in her head before the NM and E.

I give her HUGE applause for sticking to her version of the story. Yes alot of fanfictions were written about Bella getting Pregant by Edward and maybe that is why everyone is calling it a fanfiction. i have huge respect for the author when they dont change it according to the fans wishes.

just because all the fans out there will things to happen in a book doesn't mean they are the author and have a right to change the story in the way they see fit. If this is how SM saw the saga ending this how she wrote it, i shake your hand SM for stick to YOUR ending and not giving into others ending  

Brial

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:37 pm
First of all, I liked some aspects of the book BUT like Rainbow said it was so disconnected. It didn't fit. I'm not so caugh up in the other books and I realize characters grow, mature blah blah. It's just....there just should've been something else. It just didn't feel right. Like, the begining and ending (happily ever after chapter) were perfect, but the rest went so over my head.... I still can't even explain what it is.

The people who are "complaining" got that same feeling. Renesmee thing did throw everyone off, but the idea wasn't terrible.

You said she wrote BD before New Moon and Eclipse-no she didn't. she just knew how she wanted the story to end. She didn't write an entire manuscript.

I guess people were expecting some major stuff to happen and it didn't. coming from a person who really didn't know what to expect...the way the story was put together to form the ending was so...GAH!

Twilight was so full of mystery and romance...just plain original and cute. new Moon was as I personally call it "Emo", but it had dynamics that fit and came together. Eclipse was the ending to the begining- AND the begining of the end leading to Breaking Dawn. It wasn't terrible, just unexplainable. Everything else made sense...but this did not! Maybe we're being unrealistic...I can't help but feel weird about it. Maybe I'll read it again....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
May you like Midnight Sun. :]

I cant wait for it!
I already read the 1st chapter (then again who hasn't) and I just went crazy!

Evil_Dark_Kitty

llamazrokmysox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:54 am
I don't think the book was bad, it was just different. And well, we all know how a large population sometimes can't handle changes. Just look back on history and see how many times we've fought because we didn't like the change. Now, this isn't on the same scale, but some people just have a harder time accepting change.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff