Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So I took one of those online IQ tests Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:19 am
...and scored a 133.

HEY PA IMMA GENIUS!

Discuss: How misleading iq tests are  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:06 am
Lol, I've never taken one. How many questions are on it?  

PhoenixBlade983

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 am
eh, i dont really believe in IQ tests and the stupid tests online. an besides, if you ever noticed in schools. kids who are in really high classes seem to lack alot of commen sense ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:53 am
Tr0n714
eh, i dont really believe in IQ tests and the stupid tests online. an besides, if you ever noticed in schools. kids who are in really high classes seem to lack alot of commen sense ninja

yup. And I know a lot of really smart kids that are close to failing because they're just too lazy to do the work  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:55 pm
I took an online IQ test once. Of course, I figured out how to cheat on it and scored a 160.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:10 pm
Tr0n714

I lack common sense and get mediocre grades. Where does that put mE?
sad

I've taken a bunch, they're usually about 50-60 questions.  

Jonnnn

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:31 pm
I had a person from my school come and give me some sort of IQ test(I was homeschooled,so from the school board itself)and I didn't get a number...I think,but I was told I scored in the high average to superior range in all fields.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
I had a person from my school come and give me some sort of IQ test(I was homeschooled,so from the school board itself)and I didn't get a number...I think,but I was told I scored in the high average to superior range in all fields.

I had that done too. When I moved I was going to be put back a year because of my late birthday.

Fortunately, they tested me and found out I was the messiah. So it's all good.  

Jonnnn

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:50 pm
My sister is studying psychology. A proper IQ test is more comprehensive that 60 questions and must be administered by a trained professional. The data obtained from a test must be INTERPRETED by the professional. IQ tests your ability to process information, figure things out, retain info, etc. It does not test how much you know. If you have a high IQ it just means you have a higher processing power, (however some people still don't use their brains!)

Because Intelligence Quotient merely measures the mind, other "IQs" have been developed such as emotional IQ (dealing with feelings), kinethetic IQ (dealing with movement) sexual IQ (dealing with sex), and street smarts... there are more but I can't remember.

Oh, and btw, I am a nerd.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:17 pm
Undine Mystic
My sister is studying psychology. A proper IQ test is more comprehensive that 60 questions and must be administered by a trained professional. The data obtained from a test must be INTERPRETED by the professional. IQ tests your ability to process information, figure things out, retain info, etc. It does not test how much you know. If you have a high IQ it just means you have a higher processing power, (however some people still don't use their brains!)

Because Intelligence Quotient merely measures the mind, other "IQs" have been developed such as emotional IQ (dealing with feelings), kinethetic IQ (dealing with movement) sexual IQ (dealing with sex), and street smarts... there are more but I can't remember.

Your sisters dumb. Everything should be based on IQ and we should be grouped that way.

The president should be elected by IQ, not democracy and apathy should be rewarded to those who are smart enough. This world would be a much better place.  

Jonnnn

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic

Your sisters dumb. Everything should be based on IQ and we should be grouped that way.

The president should be elected by IQ, not democracy and apathy should be rewarded to those who are smart enough. This world would be a much better place.

How does studying psychology make my sister dumb?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Shigeru the Hero

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:57 pm
Undine Mystic
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic

How does studying psychology make my sister dumb?

For going into a jobless field. Your sister will be a truck driver.

On another note, I was joking D:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:58 pm
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic

ok she just said your IQ is brain processing power. so a higher IQ just means you can figure out something faster. that doesnt mean the world would be a better place. what we really need is people to... well im stumped there lol. people are the downfall to society and this planet xD. lets leave it at taht. so as long as we have power hungry people living on this planet and people that hate one another just because. then the world wont be the idea world ppl would like to see.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:02 pm
Tr0n714
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic

ok she just said your IQ is brain processing power. so a higher IQ just means you can figure out something faster. that doesnt mean the world would be a better place. what we really need is people to... well im stumped there lol. people are the downfall to society and this planet xD. lets leave it at taht. so as long as we have power hungry people living on this planet and people that hate one another just because. then the world wont be the idea world ppl would like to see.

This is the only appropriate response I can think of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQorVrVemq8  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces