Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •-Album of Ancient Memories-•
Colour-Coded [Post-Apocalyptic][Accepting] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:51 am
Virgil's Journal
Day 42 : 17:42

The infected seem to be increasing their numbers...however, what I have come to see more of is nothing even close to resembling a human. These new horrors are more gruesome, bigger, and more terrifying than even I could've imagined. Can the infected evolve into these things? Or are they the result of mutation of some other poor animal?

It has been two weeks now, since I've seen another uninfected human being. Mind you, I've only been able to travel several blocks through the city since then. Never before had I realized how huge this place was...is this happening outside the city? There was no way to know...before the infection was even really known about, all of the power was cut out throughout the city--no radio, television...nothing.

I made my way to what was once a highly-guarded government building. The security took a long time to breach, but I managed. Down in the basement, I made an extremely unsettling find: the whole pandemic (or epidemic, for all I know) was planned. I hacked into what seemed to be the central computer and also found that they had made predictions that some of us, such as myself, would display alternative mutations. They included a wide variety of supernatural powers...they were labeled as such:

"BLUE: the ability mimic others' physical strength, agility, etc.
RED: the ability to summon the entities"--"entities"? Like gods?

"YELLOW: the ability to change physical shape
GREEN: the ability to send out a variety of mental signals"--this must have been me...

"PURPLE: the ability to produce non-elemental explosions
BLACK: the ability to control the elements
WHITE: the ability to heal
GREY: the ability to modify the amount and type of light in an area"

As disturbed and betrayed as this all makes me feel, it gives me hope...is there anyone else out there who survived?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:52 am
HOKAY. so...a few things:
-BEHAVE.
-DON'T BEHAVE AND I'LL KICK YOU OUT.
-Be creative. Not just with your character, but with their actions. Try and give us something that we can respond to...makes sense, amirite?
-This takes place in a large, modern-time city...it has no name. It is simply...THE CITY. So that means that your character shouldn't have been raised by an Amazon tribe, makes sense too, right?
-If you have a logical "color" idea, please PM me with it. Even if you don't want it, I'd like to add it to the list.
-Uh...P/IM me if you have any questions...?

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 am
Other than that, here's your template:

Name:
Color [there is no limit per color, nor do we need one of each]:
Appearance:
Bio [BRIEF]:
Weapon [crowbar? Pistol? Keep it plausible, pl0x]:
Theme song:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:00 pm
OOC: I said I'd be starting this on Saturday, so I did.

The events in that government building didn't haunt Virgil. On the few occasions he saw other people, however insane they were, he could have heard the more particularly strong emotional thoughts, and would have begun to practice more if he had someone to practice on.

Back at the new home base, what used to be a small mall, Virgil was going through the place. Priorities included making sure the place was well-lit, that there were no infected lurking around, and it was all locked up nice and tight. And, for the most part, it was well done in all of those. In fact, the outside speakers were playing Helloween music at the moment, Born On Judgement Day in fact, in hopes that somebody would come and find the huge mural that pointed to a red button. Pressing said button would call a pager set to Virgil's belt.

Virgil's current job, however, was absolutely making sure there were no infected. The one floor mall had about seven small shops in it. None of which were weapon shops, or anything useful beyond the very small food court. Gripping his guitar tightly in one hand, near the body, and the other hand holding a flashlight with a soft red glow coming out of it, he was finishing his rounds of searching the place down. No moans, he thought to himself, peering into an LCBO, That's good. Don't want to waste any decent liquor here. Cautiously going around in the store, Virgil deemed the place clean. Sighing with relief, he checked his pager again for signs that he's been paged. Finding it empty, still, he checked the makeshift barricades at each entrance way, beyond the grates the mall had already put into place. With nothing else to do, he started to take out the few seats left in the food court and piled them in as well. The more the better, and there really only needed to be one entrance/exit...if at all, right?  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Kaslin Conte had her arms draped over the baseball bat slung over her shoulders, and was wandering along, nonchalant. She hadn't run into another non-infected human being in what seemed like ages, but was really more like a week. She wasn't worried though, food wasn't hard to come by, just go into the nearest apartment and grab some. She wasn't worried about her saftey either. Just hit the nasties in the head a few times and eventually they would stop following her. And as for company, well, she never really needed any, even though she was sometimes very sociable. Well, she was before the Big Bad, as she liked called it, althought there was nothing really likable about it.

She stepped over a piece of rubble, and slipped, but quickly regained her balance. She was in a section of town that looked to have been a victim of rioting. Her current appearance was that of a gymnast or athlete, slender, and had a pretty face. She had seen the girl, Nadia, on a billboard, and since she was still learning to control her newfound power, she had inadvertently changed. It didn't really bother her thought, she'd end up changing back eventually, and then she'd probably change into another person and on and on until she learned to control the blasted ability. She slipped again, so deep in her thoughts. She thought so much about her ability, how and why she got it, why she didn't die. All in all, not the most cheery of things, but it's how she passed the days.

She almost didn't notice the music, or the fact that she had entered into a nicer part of town, unburned, mercifully, with plenty of shelters. It was only when she almost walked into a lamp-post that she actually stopped and looked around. The music was sort of eerie, echoing about the empty square. She was somewhat surprised there were no infected about. Usually they were attracted to light, movement, or sound. Or maybe not, after all, she didn't know much about them besides the fact they kept trying to kill her. She decided to follow it, perhaps she wanted to shut it off, perhaps she hoped it would lead her to shelter. Even she wasn't really sure, but ten minutes later she was stopped outside what looked like an abandoned mall. There was an overly large painting that was pointing to a red button. It was clear what the painter wanted her to do, but she hung back a bit.

There were many things that ran through her mind, first and formost, it was a trap. But the infected weren't that smart. So maybe it was abandoned, the button long since lost it's purpose. In that case there'd be no harm in pushing it. She inched a finger out, then pulled it back in, before inching it out again. After a moment, she blew out her breath in one big sigh. This is so stupid, she thought, and then pushed the big red button. Sort of anti-climactically, nothing happened. She sighed and tried the doors, which were--no surprise--locked, and grated. She waited for several minutes, before finally turning around, and looking for what seemed to be the best way to go.

[phew that was long.]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:43 am
Hearing the page, Virgil's attention snapped right to the door. Of course, he hadn't of set up the big red button to open the door. That'd be stupid, considering the infected could randomly bump into it (Or the fact it had giant arrows pointing to it.), he didn't think twice about it. But he still answered the door. Looking through the doors, he saw no infected of any kind, so he opened the door and looked around. He saw a teenage girl with a bat slung over her shoulder, and his own power reacted unconciously.

This is stupid

Opening the grates, he asked her out loud, "What's stupid? Kept out humans, which means infected probably won't get in that easily, right?" As he said that, without giving her any warning at all, he realized he probably surprised the s**t out of her. Thinking ahead to what action she might take, he gripped the guitar a bit harder on the neck, and raised it a little bit so he could put it up as a guard.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:25 am

Kaslin had almost picked the way she was going to go when she heard a voice behind her. She was startled so violently that in one fluid movement, she had grown and inch or two taller and turned, hefting her bat like a batter, and was halfway through her downward swing when she saw it was a human being. And more importantly, he wasn't infected, or he didn't look like he was. She wrenched up her arms, stopping her motions, and froze, mouth hanging open in suprise. She knew she had hit the button, but deep inside, she hadn't expected anything to happen.

After she closed her mouth, it took her brain a few seconds to rewind to see what he had actually said. To cover up, she slung the bat back over her shoulders, and she looked him over. "I don't belive I said anything to that effect out loud," she directed at him, eyes wanting to narrow slightly, but she knew that if he was anything like her, control over random powers was probably minimal. "But no, that's not what I meant at all. That," she said, nodding her head at the gate, "Is probably the smartest thing I've come across in my travels." Then she split into a grin, she couldn't help it. It was like she had been on a deserted isle only to find it not so deserted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:18 am
Far from the stronghold of the humans, only on the edge of the holding part of town, another wanderer came closer.
Stealth was what the creature specialized in. Stealth.
There was nothing that could be done though, besides moving through the shadows and broken alleys. Stopping and resting would have meant death. It was only a feeling really, that alerted to danger, because the creature was not yet seen. It was too fast, and the outside was too open. Constant glances at every drop of a pebble or knock against a wall was enough to stretch and frazzle nerves. What was needed was a smaller space with closer reach, and then the monster could be taken care of.
Bare feet scratched against the gravel and small hands were pitiful in their desperate grip on the broken splintered wood. The pace was quick and fearful, though forced and tiring. So sore… so tired…
How long since a meal? Since water? Only this morning, but hours of playing cat and mouse was exhausting, and the limit was close. The sun was half-way down the afternoon position. Had it really been that short of a time? It felt so much longer-
Grotesque blue flashed by, ruffling brown hair and loose clothes. Only a reflex step back managed to avoid it. A quick gasp of shock before frozen terror. The monster stopped for an instant on the cracked cement wall, enough for a cursory glimpse. The shape was smaller than normal, most likely not very strong at all, only deadly quick- like the strike of a snake. Apparently, the creature had tired of its amusement at the game it had created. Brown eyes widened, just before the creature came in again.

SpunkyOtaku

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:51 am
Bringing up the arm with the guitar in it to block the bat swinging in, Virgil didn't move the rest of his body, since he knew first impressions would probably need to be best impressions. Seeing her grow what seemed to be three inches made him think for a second, Probably yellow. I should probably share with her the notes I found.

When she grinned, Virgil couldn't help but grin himself. Another human being, standing in front of him, and best of all: It was a chick. Good looking too. "To quote Will Smith, I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security." When he said food, he noticed that she looked a little hungry, and said, "Just so you know, I am the sole proprietor and owner of the McZed's store, serving the post-apocalyptic community twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. Would you like to come in and try something?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:15 pm
Lukas sighed, and small sparks flew out of his fingertips. Great, He thoguht to himself. I'm frickin' lost in a forest with Infected out to get me. Quite a pleasant day today. He sighed, and wind pushed his long, shaggy hair out of his face. This is BULL! He screamed in his head, kicking a humongous rock into another, shattering both. Good thing too, that rock was obstructing his view to a city. He leaped high in the air. Civilization! Food! I could do with a burger.

As he strolled down the streets, he recalled the first time he controlled the elements around him. My brother.... He changed ever so quickly! Mom, Dad.....Dead.How did I do it? I jumped out of reflexes when he struck at me feet..... And escaped.... Flying! How scary it was..... Ha! I can't believe that I- OW! While he was zoned out, he was still walking, and.... accidentally bumped into an Infected, leaning into strike a small kid. "Oh...." He muttered, and the beast turned towards him. "Get out of here, kid! I'll handle it!" Lukas knew The kid wouldn't believe that he could take it, but he wouldn't either a month ago. Things have changed. The concrete on the ground around him twisted and deformed, and he controlled the concrete at will.  

Furyal

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:08 pm

When he smiled, she fully let her guard down. Infected didn't smile. At least, she hoped they didn't, because that would just be creepy. She cocked her head at the mention of Will Smith. She figured the quote was from I am Legend, which she had been meaning to go see [as well as Hancock] before the Big Bad. It was ironic, in a way, that that was what had happened to the world--well, sort of. It also made her wonder wether or not Will Smith had survived, or anyone else she knew, really. She was sort of hoping he had, she thought he was very funny. So lost in her thoughts, she almost completely ignored what the guy was saying. Until he mentioned food. Then she perked right up.

Her mind rewinded what he had said, she had always had that weird ability to daydream and daydream for hours and still know what her teacher had said at the end of the day. "McZed, is that your name?" she giggled a bit before becomming serious. "But honestly, food sounds so amazing. For real I am so hungry I could eat a zebra. Although I hope I don't have to, because that would be awful because Zebras are kinda awesome." Then she realized she had gone on a thought-tanget out loud, but instead of careing about looking weird, she just wondered if animals had managed to survive the infection, or the infected.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:17 pm
It was only a moment of warning, before the man came out from around the broken wall. He was dirty and wild. Well, he looked wild with the long hair. The monster changed it's prepartory crouch and changed the angle of it's strike. The black of it's eyes glittered with rage at the sight of another human, and it's tinted blue lips twisted in a snarl.

This monster wasn't a monster. He spoke in a language, communicated with specific gestures and words. And he was worried for safety.
This was a human.

Questions were no longer deemed important, not when the ground beneath was cracking and shaping into unnatural forms. Stepping back reflexively and looking for stable ground again, it was only a moment before the child stopped and turned at the flicker of the monster; it's lightning strike aimed for the new gifted human on the scene.  

SpunkyOtaku

Furyal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:03 pm
Lukas dropped the concrete at the sight of the lightning in the beasts hand. He planted his feet on the ground as hard as he could, and prepared for the lightning strike.
The first time he was going to redirect an element. It seemed to come in slow motion, but Lukas reacted quick. His hand shot forward, absorbing, the shock, and blue lightning crackle across his arm and around his shoulder, across the other arm, and out the other hand, which was pointed at the beasts head. When the lightning exited, He shivered. The strangest sensation ever.... Terrifying.... He thought to himself. He shook the thoguht off. Lukas took a few steps forward, making sure the beast was dead. Just to be careful, he wrapped concrete around him, so if it woke up it would be stuck.
"You okay?" He shouted over to the kid.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm
The lightning crackled with an unnatural bue light, and terrified the child. For a second the man looked as though this would be his last stand. But he survived, and the monster was the one to pay for it. It twitched occasionally from the electric current running through its flesh.

Air was hard to come by all of a sudden. The last of the hours bout of adrenaline rush seeped away, leaving only tired and sore muscles. The shock and terror wore off, leaving no motivation to stand upright. So the child buckled against the cracked wall of a half crumbled building. A head shake was the only answer to the man's question. Nausea was threatening to erupt, and the child's face paled a few shades.  

SpunkyOtaku

•-Album of Ancient Memories-•

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces