Quick Opinion:
  Pistol (Semi or Revolver)
  Rifle (Hunting or other)
  Shotgun (Any)
  Just keep the money
View Results

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 pm
Originally stated in the airsoft/paintball sub-boards, i wanted input on what i can get paintball wise with $500 bucks, since i have a stimulous check and some spare change laying around. Yet, as some one mentioned, i can easily spend that money on a firearm i could use well into my life, rather then on an expensive hobby.

So guys, what do you think? If you had $500 bucks to spend on a weapon, weither it be a rifle, handgun, shotgun, or anything else +/- 100 bucks, what would you suggest?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:18 pm
Me? I'd get a Ruger KGP-141 .357 revolver. But there's plenty you can get with $500 and good quality, too. Especially shotguns, because they're generally pretty cheap. You ought to give us more direction if you want suggestions. Do you want a pistol, a rifle, or a shotgun?  

ArmasTermin

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:01 pm
ArmasTermin
Me? I'd get a Ruger KGP-141 .357 revolver. But there's plenty you can get with $500 and good quality, too. Especially shotguns, because they're generally pretty cheap. You ought to give us more direction if you want suggestions. Do you want a pistol, a rifle, or a shotgun?

See, thats where i'm stuck. Personally, i think i'd lean to a pistol for portability and defense, or a rifle for its versalility, but since i live in the south, shotguns are very popular.

But if i really think about it... maybe a rifle. Idealistically, I'd want a .45 pistol for superior defense, but i'm pretty inexperienced with firearms, and i dont think i could handle a .45 so quickly, so something more stable like a rifle, above a .22 of course, could be a good bet

Also, I shoot lefty, so maybe if there's any particular weapons you know of that are ambi, that's a feature I'd like as well  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:41 am
Personally, I'd try to beg borrow and steal a couple hundred extra bucks and either get a PSL or a Serbu Super Shorty. I can't think of anything under $700 that I want. sweatdrop  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm
Probably a shotgun.

I'd recommend an Ithaca 37. The shells eject out the bottom, from the same port you load them in.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 pm
Fresnel
Personally, I'd try to beg borrow and steal a couple hundred extra bucks and either get a PSL or a Serbu Super Shorty. I can't think of anything under $700 that I want. sweatdrop

Not even pistol-wise? I dont have much experience in pricing, so i was hoping $500 was enough for something okay >___<

Wait, is the super shorty that shotgun in a tube thing?  

Anima_Raptor

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel

Not even pistol-wise? I dont have much experience in pricing, so i was hoping $500 was enough for something okay >___<

There are plenty of pistols out there for $500.

The shotgun in the tube was a Mossberg 500
Super Shorty
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:56 am
Well, I'd keep the $500 and wait until I could get another 300-400 and buy a PSL.
But that's just me, and I've already secured a home defense gun... well four actually.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:26 am
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel

Oh there's plenty good out there for under $500, I just have expensive tastes. sweatdrop

Buy five Mosin-Nagants and some ammo? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:09 am
Knowing about the Bersa Thunder .45ACP compact model, I would get that for $340 or so, depending on dealer markup. Then load up with ammo with the rest.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 am
M91/30 $70 + FFL fee

440 rounds $80

Range fee: $8

Having an old eastern-bloc rifle, with the cheapest .30 ammo on the market = Pricless  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:57 am
Come to think of it, there are a couple guns I'd like that cost under $500.

A Judge and a Saiga.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:21 pm
Fresnel

A Judge and a Saiga.

That's a tough choice.
Spend $30 more and get a Saiga 12. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:59 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

A Judge and a Saiga.

That's a tough choice.
See, therein squats the frog. I mean, I like the compatibility between a .410 pistol and a .410 long gun, and I like the low recoil that would come with it, and the probably higher magazine capacity, and that I'd only need to buy one kind of ammo, but then again, 12 gauge is 12 gauge and nothing can beat that kind of stopping power for home defense (or any other common application).  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

A Judge and a Saiga.

That's a tough choice.
See, therein squats the frog. I mean, I like the compatibility between a .410 pistol and a .410 long gun, and I like the low recoil that would come with it, and the probably higher magazine capacity, and that I'd only need to buy one kind of ammo, but then again, 12 gauge is 12 gauge and nothing can beat that kind of stopping power for home defense (or any other common application).

... so what would you do with the Judge?
Alternate rounds? One .410 one .45 Colt & repeat?  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff