Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is it haram to cry, hear musik, eat jelly, paint humans? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voting gives gold, soo please make polls! (like me :P)
  Hællø! Blablablablabla!!!! <(^_^)>
View Results

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 am
Asalam Alaykum!

I really wonder...

I readed that painting humans is haram and that Allah(swt) whill tell you to breath the human alive... If you can't, then Allah(swt) whill ask you why you painted it, if u can't make it alive! And punnish you!

I also readed from Princess Zik, that her Imam told her that hearing musik is haram! And in the judgement day Allah(swt) whill check your ears, and if you litsened to musik then Allah(swt) punnish you!

And i also readed in the swearing haram topic that you must only cry 4 days after "someone" is death! Else it's haram to cry!

And people say that there is some weird haram thing in jelly that makes it haram! It's also jewish haram!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:10 am
Zaaki

I readed that painting humans is haram and that Allah(swt) whill tell you to breath the human alive... If you can't, then Allah(swt) whill ask you why you painted it, if u can't make it alive! And punnish you!

Nor i did create to breath human life in it, neither i want to?

Zaaki

I also readed from Princess Zik, that her Imam told her that hearing musik is haram! And in the judgement day Allah(swt) whill check your ears, and if you litsened to musik then Allah(swt) punnish you!

why listening to music is haram? when if i am not diverting from My religion?

Zaaki

And i also readed in the swearing haram topic that you must only cry 4 days after "someone" is death! Else it's haram to cry!

there are people who don't cry at all? they get stunned when their nearest family member dies?

Zaaki

And people say that there is some weird haram thing in jelly that makes it haram! It's also jewish haram!

i dun get you!

just because people say?

oh boi the jelly is so fluffy 3nodding  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

kasimir-b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 am
i posted this in another topic, but felt like being lazy.

Jelly is haram because i said so. and also the consistancy of jelly is like the consistancy of gelatin. as we all know, gelatin is haram because it is derived from the bones of pigs. and also, by association, anything that is similar to, or can be confused for something that is haram, IS HARAM.

by the way, you know what else is haram, using improper grammar when refering to things that are haram. example: "i readed that...". correction: I read that

those who use incorrect grammar in the name of Allah (SWT) shall be puunnniiishhed, and tortured, and disemboweled, and have their toes and pinkies cut off one by one, and then forced to eat their own genit... i think i'll stop there. you get the point.

oh by the way, if your name starts with anything other than the letter M, or O (meem, or ain) you are haram.

EDIT: i dont really mean most of that. i am saying to point out to the inconsistencies when it comes to determining what is haram. and i thouhgt this manner of speaking was funny ha ha. please comment.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 pm
Now this is just easy to tell what's haram and what isn't. And Zaaki if you listen to random people do you not take into consideration that they might be Joking or lieing? If a Christian or Jew came up to you and said Allah(SWT) said in the Qur'an that suicide isn't haram would you believe him/her?

If you want to know what's haram and what isn't The Holy Qur'an has all the answers but yet Muslims depend on random persons to tell them what is forbidden or not.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Zaxuu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:51 am
umm let's see. ^^

1. painting humen is ok. there's nothing wrong with it!

2. hearing music can be both halal and haram. it's haram if this music has too much cursing which is bad! or if it makes you forget about praying. 3nodding

3. i can't really say haram or not. if you cry too much with screaming and that, that's way too much. the dead person would suffer from sadness. that's all i know.

4. jelly?!..i have no idea. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:05 am
well all of the above to me it is not haram

only in certain condition

like lstening 'bad' music

if the painting is harming the health or change our appearance permanently

senseless crying like you are too sad even to do your responsibility

if really that particular gelatin really extract from pig bone that i thing is false  

XeroRyn

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 am
These aren't just random people who said that... It is some whery pupular things!

And many muslims don't eat jelly here in Denmark! Example my old friend Omar, he also say it's haram...

I think the musik may get your brain away from Allah(swt)

And i think that many of the Imam's also says it's haram, because musik is haram at azan! And the most modern musik today are full of bad words! And that's their excuse to write "Musik is haram"

And tassan i was not saying that u have to cry when someone dies, just saying that i heard it was only allowed to cry the 4 days after someone's death!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:42 pm
If we're not sure something is haram it's best to stay away from it.

Music: Scholars and lots of other people are debating whether music is haram or not. I agree with the few people above who say that it's the music with bad langauge and every thing but i'm not sure myself so i try to stay away from it but i mostly fail. sweatdrop

Drawing: I love to draw. My teachers and lots of other books have told me that it is haram to draw a person's whole face. They say that if u leave out one part it's ok. On the Day of Judgement Allah (SWT) will ask u to put a soul into it and, of course, we won't be able to do that and we will be punished. I forgot wut the punishment is though. And if u absolutely have to, u can only do it for school or some other extremely important thing. It's okay to draw nature though.

Jelly: We eat the halal kind of jelly. But if our talking about gelatin then yeah it's haram cuz it has animal parts in it.

I'm not totally sure about the drawing and music parts, but I think it's true cuz to me it makes sense.

-Xo-KrazeeWierdo-oX-

spottystripes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 am
drawing livingthings is haram -- because i have also heard that you will have to make it alive --

personally i think that it is only haram - if it makes u miss namaz -- and believe me that happens to me alot -- its kinda freeky cuz u know u want to read but something seems to make u stay where u are -- has t ever happened to any of you?

but i htink that native deen and the like are ok cuz their message is mashallah really strong and it doesnt make me not read namaz ...

swearing is haram .. and u were supposed to say asthagfirullah u use it -- although i do sometimes but not as much as i used to...

excessive crying is haram - but crying after a person has died is haram cuz u were supposed to say inna lilahi wa lillah hi raajiun or something which means that we come from allah and to him we will return ...

so its kinda expected and we should be preparing for our death by praying and fasting and doing good deeds and stuff -- i do try to do it though im no where near perfect as i want ot be...

and as for jelly - just look at the ingrediats at the back of the packet -- that is the only way that you can determine whether it is haram or halal -- it usually says gelatin/gelatine then it is haram cuz most gelatine comes from p-i-g's bones... although you can get some from plants aswel - but if it does then it will say it - and look for the vegatarian sign on the packet -- then it should be halal...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 am
spottystripes
drawing livingthings is haram -- because i have also heard that you will have to make it alive --

personally i think that it is only haram - if it makes u miss namaz -- and believe me that happens to me alot -- its kinda freeky cuz u know u want to read but something seems to make u stay where u are -- has t ever happened to any of you?

but i htink that native deen and the like are ok cuz their message is mashallah really strong and it doesnt make me not read namaz ...

swearing is haram .. and u were supposed to say asthagfirullah u use it -- although i do sometimes but not as much as i used to...

excessive crying is haram - but crying after a person has died is haram cuz u were supposed to say inna lilahi wa lillah hi raajiun or something which means that we come from allah and to him we will return ...

so its kinda expected and we should be preparing for our death by praying and fasting and doing good deeds and stuff -- i do try to do it though im no where near perfect as i want ot be...

and as for jelly - just look at the ingrediats at the back of the packet -- that is the only way that you can determine whether it is haram or halal -- it usually says gelatin/gelatine then it is haram cuz most gelatine comes from p-i-g's bones... although you can get some from plants aswel - but if it does then it will say it - and look for the vegatarian sign on the packet -- then it should be halal...

Vegetarian sign in jelly? rofl

And i ain't doing namaz, right now... Soo it's happending to me at the momment... I keep getting the thought that i whill do it later....  

Zaakii

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:44 pm
Jelly uses cow's bones, I'm pretty sure...
But I think you should be okay if you use jam.
I think jam is just fruit and preservatives.

Music is haram? That makes me sad for you. Music is very important.
Like some others have said, it's probably just "bad" music.
You know, with curse words, or about sex, or violence, etc.

I understand why drawing people is haram.
(I do draw people, but I'm not a Muslim, so...)
The idea is that you're playing God. Or um, Allah.
Because it's almost like you're trying to create something, and only He can do that.

Crying?... Crying is important, like music. Sometimes you just need to cry.
If you cry without a good reason, I could understand it being haram.
Like, if someone dies or if you get into a fight with a friend, you should be able to cry.
But if you cry over a toy breaking... that's too much.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 am
BeXlieXve

Because it's almost like you're trying to create something, and only He can do that.

Like, if someone dies or if you get into a fight with a friend, you should be able to cry.
Painting living things is haram!

Yes crying is allowed, when u are sunni!  

Zaakii

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:52 pm
Zaaki
BeXlieXve

Painting living things is haram!

Yes, I understand that it's considered haram for you guys to draw or paint living things.

And crying is allowed when you're a sunni? So... you can't cry if you belong to a different sect?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 am
Zaaki

can i have a little explanation of it please?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:45 am
1- Painting human is haram, I know a story that in a certain time, very very good people and they do really good deeds and God loves them, died, then the people decided that they should draw their pictures because they are very good people and they should be remembered, then they drew it in a cave. Centuries later, people forgot what is the meaning of those pictures, and then shaytan came and told them, people used to worship those people, so you should worship them too.

I heard this story in an islamic program, I'm not really sure about it. But when I asked my teacher, she said, depending on what you are drawing, if you're drawing bad things, then it's haram, and if you are drawing good things, it's halal.

In this matter, I'm not really sure.

2- Music is haram if something is used like guitar, pianto ( with strings in it ). But if you used like drums, or what we call daff, then it's ok. And of course singing good things, not love songs. Songs by Sami yusuf are wonderful if you're looking for good islamic songs.

3- Crying on dead people should only last 3 days. Then it's forbidden, of course crying and screaming and smacking yourself is forbidden. You should only greef during 3 days.

4- Jelly? I never heard it's haram. I eat it all the time. Give me a clue it's haram please.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff