Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
why are we so weird? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kasimir-b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 pm
i am asking this because i recently went to the service of another religion. (it is not haram to observe another religion's service, only to participate). i did not participate in their rituals, i just went and quietly observed a catholic mass.

my observations were pretty good. the priest actually was able to make a biblical story relevant to modern life, in a way that was understandable to everyone in the room. the people were not judgemental of others in the room. they were very nice, and very polite. there was a good mix of diferent ethnic backgrounds, and there were no complaints. they didnt even bring politics into the sermon. well, they talked about the war, but did not even give a position of their oppinion on the war. just that war is never a good thing, and is very hard on everyone.

basing from the last time i went to jummah (about a month ago), i felt very out of place. i felt that everyone was staring and judging, just because i wasn't dressed up enough, or wasnt "muslim enough". every mosque here is arbitrarily seperated by culture. there is a mosque where all the arabs go, one where all the bengalis go, one for the african muslims, one for the black american muslims, one for the bosnians, albanians, for the pakis, and everyone only goes to their specific mosque. i definately didnt see any white converts. the khutbah didnt even relate to anything that i could use in real life, (the parts that i could understand, most imams cant speak english to save their life) and at the end, i was thinking to myself, wow, i hope allaah (swt) is happy i came here to pray, cuz i sure as hell know i didnt gain anything from it, not even a little more pride that i am a muslim.

my question is: why are we as muslims so unwelcoming not only to outsiders, but to our own muslim brothers and sisters. and why the hell do we still have to live like we are in the 6 century? please give constructive comments, and as the future of our religion, please make a change to our community for the better.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:29 am
Due to interpretations of the Qur'an itself people spread into cultures and of course only go to their respected Mosques, Whether it be out of pride or it be for gaining material gains to put personal views on the Qur'an which makes the Qur'an in his words, not Allah's (S.W.T). I suppose it really depends where you live, and even then the people around you. Last time I went to a Muslim Community I found it more friendly than where I have to live which is infact a Christian Community filled with Churches, And due to all the varying sects in Christianity of course the same goes for Churches, which goes for the same deal with Muslims. Sunni, Shi'a, Sufi, Etc., Which brings that I'd rather care about praying to Allah (S.W.T) and learn from Hadiths, The Qur'an, And learning more of True Islam rather than all this bickering Sects seem to display to show their view as the right one.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:14 am
What are you saying Omar?

When i go to mosque, people are whery welcoming! And people don't judge!!!

And reason why the people got diffrent mosque(ore mosque timing!, is because of languages! And maybe it also have to do with where your family goes!

Example when i go to mosque, many of my uncles and stuff are also there.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:44 pm
it is not the religion to blame but the society...social perception and some discrimintion...they dont realise the fundamental of unity and isla....that islam is open hearted  

XeroRyn

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:38 am
Soo what should we do?

If we make mosques for everybody, some people wont understand!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 am
Zaaki
Soo what should we do?

so then it is ok to segregate everyone by race, or language?

wow, i guess the civil rights movement never really did happen.  

kasimir-b

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 am
kasimir-b
Zaaki
Soo what should we do?

so then it is ok to segregate everyone by race, or language?

wow, i guess the civil rights movement never really did happen.

Not realy race, but language is alright 3nodding Cause how would you comunicate with someone who talks another language than you?

I have ben in mosques with Imam's that talks just arabic, and it ain't that understandable...

And i have ben hearing Imam's talking danish, and urdu... And i understand what they say 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:24 am
Pardon me but i think you've just hastily generalized things.

I am a Muslim and I'm studying in a Catholic school majoring in a science course.

I have been to their church a lot of times already.

During prayer time I go to mosques that are near my school.

So far, I've seen that Muslim values are better than that of the Catholics.

When I first entered a Catholic church to observe their rituals they required me to put on my shoes. Different from what happens in mosques.
When I enter a mosque, I can leave my shoes outside and not even put it in shoe racks inside the mosque. I think this means that in mosques you can leave your shoes because you can trust your fellow Muslims that they will not take it. Unlike in church wherein you need to wear it inside still. A priest told me something about this matter and he said that this is one thing good about Muslims. when they're in mosques they are there to pray. unlike in church where some people come to court each other, steal things, etc. Catholic priests told this themselves.

Also, on your question of why we're so old school when it comes to values and beliefs, I think it can be justified by comparing what had happened before and what's happening now.

Before, everyone is more inclined to practice their faith with utmost sincerity. but now, you see people giving secondary considerations to their religion. it just shows that Islam insist on values before because it's the ultimate way to saving yourself in the day of judgment. i hear Aleems say that faith before was very strong that when a Muslim prays he does not consciously know what's happening around him and his attention is only on his prayer to Allah. unlike now wherein some pray half-heartedly like they want the prayer rituals to end soon because they have some other things to do. this disrupts the sincerity of the prayer--one thing that should be present in any religion. it's a matter of which paradigm will your prayers and intention would be really pure and accepted. Islam thinks about preparing Muslims for the Day of Judgment and the life hereafter more than the mundane things.  

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:39 am
I can leave my shoes outside and not even put it in shoe racks inside the mosque.

so you mean those who put their shoes inside the mosque in the shoe racks are committing mistake?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 am
tassan
I can leave my shoes outside and not even put it in shoe racks inside the mosque.

so you mean those who put their shoes inside the mosque in the shoe racks are committing mistake?

He didn't mean it was a mistake, He meant that there is so much trust with fellow believers who go to the mosque that he instead of putting his shoes inside the mosque, he could just leave em outside and no one would take them. Showing how much trust Islam shows.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 pm
Haydar the Truthful
tassan

He didn't mean it was a mistake, He meant that there is so much trust with fellow believers who go to the mosque that he instead of putting his shoes inside the mosque, he could just leave em outside and no one would take them. Showing how much trust Islam shows.

but it is a Holy thing to place your shoes outside and not enter with your shoes because mosque is a holy place where as shoes are not holy?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:01 pm
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
tassan

but it is a Holy thing to place your shoes outside and not enter with your shoes because mosque is a holy place where as shoes are not holy?

Yes it is a holy place, I have been in a mosque that is far from me afew times, The outer part of it is sort of a lobby, everyone is wearing shoes or socks, or maybe none, But shoes are allowed OUTSIDE the area, But the inner mosque is used for prayers and such. So shoes are allowed "In" the mosque but not "in" the actual mosque. Know what I mean?  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:36 am
Haydar the Truthful
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
tassan

Yes it is a holy place, I have been in a mosque that is far from me afew times, The outer part of it is sort of a lobby, everyone is wearing shoes or socks, or maybe none, But shoes are allowed OUTSIDE the area, But the inner mosque is used for prayers and such. So shoes are allowed "In" the mosque but not "in" the actual mosque. Know what I mean?

why you don't simply say shoes are not allowed in the pray area of the mosque where as it is allowed in the place where none prays in the mosque!

is this what you meant?

and most of the people in my neighborhood wear off the shoes takes them in their hands and places it INSIDE the pray area of the mosque?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:06 pm
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
tassan
Haydar the Truthful
tassan

why you don't simply say shoes are not allowed in the pray area of the mosque where as it is allowed in the place where none prays in the mosque!

is this what you meant?

and most of the people in my neighborhood wear off the shoes takes them in their hands and places it INSIDE the pray area of the mosque?

Yeah that's what I meant, Kinda odd you have Muslims putting filthy shoes in a prayer area.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:06 am

and not only odd .. it's haram!!
coz the Masjid ( mosque) is Allah's place.. and filthiness must be vanished in it !
and it should be dirt free .. so our prayers would be accepted !
otherwise if everyone enters a place and takes their shoes with them
firstly , there will be no trust around muslims even with small things (exp.shoes )
and secondly our prayers will be declined !!
and for last the mosque will be full of shoes confused which is like our brother Haydar said ... is odd confused
so why don't u jst have a lil faith that allah will protect ur shoes xd and have some trust to the muslims!! and leave 'em outside ;D
wasalam!

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces