Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Gift [ Blue Winged come here!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I the Rper you were looking for?
  no
  Not really
  Myabe (be more descriptive )
  YES
View Results

Danie 2Crown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 pm
Hello, Name's Danielle. I'm a semi-lit RPer, hope that's not a problem. I'm not very good at creating Rp's but I'm very good at adding to them. ^_^ I have no preference in gender and I don't mind playing a male. Though, I don't really like war, History type Rp's. Also I like posting in the form. (sorry no PMs!) Other than that, I'm your gal! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:40 am
Hey, I consider myself semi-literate as well, and I find myself most experienced with the ol' cliche school roleplay but I also like fantasy in general. I'd be happy to roleplay with you Dan (if I may call you that).

Plus I don't mind playing a guy either.
3nodding

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:26 pm
User ImageGaian name: Blue Winged

Name: Tara Abelev

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Physical Unnatural ability: Invisibility (though not able to do it for more than 10 minutes)

Mental Ability: Lumokinesis

Unknown power: (Unknown until revealed)

Bio: Tara's mother and father were named Carter and Alexi respectively and both lived in a small town in Alaska. They were both busy surgeons who conceived Tara by pure accident, but cherished her and even put their careers on a temporary hold to take care of her better. Tara proved herself to be worthy of their love by learning how to walk and talk before her first birthday. She was praised in her school for excelling in math and science but wasn't nearly as good at gym. She lacks physical strength is actually quite frail, the only exception is her endurance, which is slightly above-average.

After her entry into 4th grade Tara's younger sister Anne was born. She fussed and cried and was even weaker than Tara herself, her parents had to devote quite a bit of time to take care of Anne. Tara didn't grow embittered by it, she knew better. Instead she helped them a lot and grew more responsible over time. Her parents showered them both with love and affection. Life for her was great, it was normal.

Appearance: She was chestnut hair that sits on her head in an almost-pixie cut. Tara has large azure-blue eyes and a natural blush. Her ears are pierced and she often wears gold studs in them, they are a gift from her father. She also wears a gold necklace with a small diamond hanging on it, a gift from her mother. Tara has smooth skin and smells faintly of soap, she enjoys being able to dress up.

Extra: She is very attached to her necklace and earrings, as well as any other gift she has ever been given by anyone. She loves flowing skirts. She likes people who are elegant. She has an aversion to loud noises and is deathly scared of guns.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 pm
Gaian name biggrin anie 2crown
User Image
Name: Max Hatchet

sex: Male

sexuality: Heterosexual

Physical Unnatural ability: He can fly, but only for about 20-30minets. Nor can he go very fast.

Mental Ability:Telepathy

Unknown power: (Unknown until revealed)

Bio: Max Grew up in Fairbanks, Alaska with his mother and father, Alenia and Rutherford Hatchet. His father worked for the FBI and his mother was a physiologist. At a young age Max showed signs of superior intelligence, though out his elementary school years he often surpassed his teachers on any given subject only after being taught for a month. His father considered on letting him graduate early but his mother was strongly opposed to the idea. After all he would only have been eight years old. Max didn't mind staying with his class, he was a very social guy, one would never guess his intelligence with out test scores. At age ten Max's mother died of a fatal car accident. upon her funeral government orders were sent to not open the casket. Still this day Max wonders why. Max is now a senior in high school and has moved to a small town near his home city. Max is mostly seen as an out going guy. Though it's due to his father's influence. Max's true nature is quiet and observant. As for His unusual abilities, he isn't allowed to use them and is strongly reprimanded when he does. With telepathy as an exception. He uses it often with his closest friends.

Danie 2Crown

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:09 pm
The air smelled of flowers and water, it was the middle of spring. The sun shone brilliantly, it's light illuminating all things near the chestnut haired girl. This should seem natural, you would think, but if you looked closely you might be able to see the shards of light surrounding her were a bit too bright. She was wearing a shirt of deep black and a flowing skirt of pure white, her pale face free of coloured powders and wax. The girl was named Tara, she could control light. It was a gift she did not ask for, but was given anyway. It was her own little secret, and would remain that way for a long time. At least she hoped so.

Tara smiled as a young blond hurtled into her, the girl was short, only tall enough to reach the Tara's ribs. The chestnut haired one was 5'5, with long legs, the blond only seemed to be 4'3. They were obviously related, for they both had the same bright azure eyes and smooth features. They twirled around and around, playing a silly game, and then laughing and laughing like only innocent girls can. It could melt the coldest heart.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 am
Max sat on the living room floor of his father's house. It was considered a 'perfect day' to be out side, but not to him. It was hot. Too hot. At any rate he had no friends to speak of, so going outside would be a bore anyway. As though reading his thoughts his father looked up from his news paper and asked,
" Have you made any new friends yet? Comon' ole Hatchets are social men you know that."
Max didn't bother looking up. He was given this speech once a day. It was always the same. Hatchets are achievers they don't sit by and let the world pass them. Hatchets do what ever they can to connect with their peers. It's the only way to end out on top.
" ...it's the only way to end out on top son." his father said returning to his paper. Max scooped up the wad of carpet he had up rooted while thinking, and stuck it into his pocket.
" alright fine dad. I'm going outside. Maybe I'll met someone from school." he said sighing at the bright sun shining through the screen door. Maybe I'll meet an alien, he thought heading for the door. Outside he stretched, yawned, blinked his eyes in to a watery focus a couple of times, then set off down the street. After walking though an endless number of neighborhoods finally something captured his interest. It was the sound a girl laughing. He neared the house and realized it was coming from the backyard. The voice sounded soothing, angelic. He had to know to whom it belonged to. walking up to the back fence he leaned one hand against it and peered though a small crack in the structure. He gave a small intake of air at what he saw. It was a girl, not just any girl, this girl was beautiful. Not like the beautiful girls he saw at school. She was different, an aura of pure innocence showered around her. It was as if where ever she was the world seemed to get brighter, softer. He stared transfixed at the girl, Her chestnut hair flowing behind her, her soft pale complexion. A smaller girl came into view. A small blond. Despite their hair difference, Max would bet every thing he owned on the fact that they were sisters. The blond ran into her sister and they began spinning, laughing with each other. The chestnut girl's flowing skirt glimmered, radiated almost, in the sunlight. Max leaned away from the fence and swallowed hard. He felt dirty all of a sudden, as if he were a demon watching angles at play.
" God, like right out of a hallmark card." he mumbled backing away from the house.

One house down he sat on the curb trying to convince himself that he was just ' resting,' when in fact he was revisiting the scene he had just seen in his mind so intently, he couldn't concentrate on walking.

Danie 2Crown

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:17 pm
Tara collapsed into a heap as soon as she released her sister. She was breathing heavily, Anne really knew how to tire people out. Almost as quickly as she came the little girl flitted away with surprising agility, called by her mother of course, the twinkling voice was hard to misplace. Tara's short brown hair splayed onto the ground messily, the closing of a door and the rev of an engine didn't startle her. Anne was simply on a play-date, again. So now, she was left alone, in a moment of quiet reflection. Her eyes flickered around for just a moment, she was soon sure nobody was around.

She laughed softly and drew up a slender arm, on her index finger a small orb of iridescent light flitted about. It soon released itself and danced in her vision, Tara often toyed with her unusual ability. To her it was fascinating, to be able to manipulate anything in such a way. The bulb flew elegantly, the light shifting and moving with every little push or tug. It was bubble-like, but in a way it was purer somehow. She waved another arm through the air like a brush that painted light.

"Anne would say I could do magic." She whispered to herself. "I suppose it's not far from the truth." She giggled almost inaudibly and continued to paint on the vast canvas in front of her. Sapphire blue, pink topaz, ruby red, and emerald green. She was limited by nothing in the secret world of her own backyard. It was an immense joy to just sit there, almost painting in complete serenity. Slowly she made a pond, and a forest, and a shimmering Koi, even a rainbow and sun. This was perfect. No, it was bliss.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:54 am
The sun heated Max's T-shirt as he sat half thinking, half dosing on the curb. Suddenly he had an urge to go back to the house. After hesitating for a second he stood, dusted off his faded blue jeans and ambled back to where he saw the angel like girls at play. Peering through the same whole in the back yard fence Max spotted the girl lying on the ground, her hair spilled around her like threads of silk. A weird sensation played at his gut. Okay maybe I should go now, God...I feel a creep. he thought uneasily. Though Max didn't move an inch. He was spell bound. He leaned away from the fence to get into a comfortable position, and when he looked into the backyard again he couldn't believe what he saw. The girl now swaying her arms, as something conjured bright colors out of thin air to the movement of her fingers. Max's jaw fell. what the hell? he thought and rubbed his eyes. He thought he was seeing things, a girl painting in thin air? Impossible. Sure enough, when he once again peered through the hole in the fence the girl had nearly completed a forest. Max watched fascinated at the girl's marvelous ability. He Hadn't the faintest idea how she was doing it, but it was magic to him none the less. Taking his camera phone out of his pocket, he leveled the small lens with the hole he had been peering though, and snapped a couple of pictures of the girl's art work.

Max watched until the completed the forest. Assuming she was finish he stepped away from the fence. His forehead was sticky with sweat from the heat and from concentrating so hard on the miracle he had witnessed. Max took one last look at the house, turned, then headed back home with a smile playing on his lips. He was excited. He knew he he discovered a wonderful secret. He also knew that he had to find away to introduce himself to the girl. As he walked home he thought of different ways to make it happen.

Max entered his house whistling. His father dressed in his usual golfing clothes was seated at the kitchen table working in his laptop.
" I assume something good came out of your day outside?" he asked glancing up at Max for second before returning to his work. Max walked into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of apple juice.
" You, bet. I swear I witnessed a miracle today." Max said sipping his juice, his eyes still wide with amazement.
" Oh what did you see?" His father asked seeming uninterested. He continued to type at a steady pace.
" You wouldn't believe me." Max said smiling, stirring his juice with his index finger.
" try me." His father said not looking up from the computer.
" Fine." Max said indignantly, " I saw a girl create colors out of thin air."
" Excuse me?" his father said looking up from his work.
Max laughed, licked the finger that was playing in the apple juice then said calmly. " I'm not kidding dad, this girl can create magic. Here, let me show you" He pulled out his cell phone, found the pictures that he took and walked over to his dad.
Hesitating Max said, " First dad, you have to promise that all of this is off the record. No ' I must report to the head official' about this."
" Fine son, I'm sure It's nothing that unusual anyway, but I'll humor you."
Max snorted.
" whatever dad. You'll see" Max said handing over the phone.
His dad took the phone and looked at the first few pictures. Then, His head creasing with confusion, looked through them again. When he had finished looking through all the pictures twice he whispered gruffly, " good god."

Danie 2Crown

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:43 pm
She dropped her arms and let the picture fade away, her eyes were still sparkling with avid delight. She pushed herself into a sitting position and straightened out her hair. 'Maybe I should try painting more often.' She thought slowly. The sun was still beating down on her and Tara discovered she'd accumulated a thin layer of sweat. She stood quietly and grinned to herself. "I forgot how peaceful it was without Anne." She laughed aloud, that wasn't very nice. She rocked on the heels of her flats for a minute, thinking about nothing, before stepping into the house, closing a stained glass door behind her. It was cool inside, the hum of a fridge filled her ears, other than that it was silence again. She slid off her shoes and let her feet hit the wood floor. Another moment, then Tara slid up the stairs and through a short hallway, into her room and then finally to a very clean and expensive looking bathroom. 'One of mom's spending sprees' She thought playfully. Mother Alexis always had to have the best for her daughters.

After a ten-or-so minutes of debating what to wear she stepped into the tub and soaked. A car pulled up and the garage door opened. She glanced at the clock beside the large, round mirror. "Dad.." She muttered. He never stayed late at the hospital unless it was urgent, he loved his family too much. She smiled, Father Carver was such a mushy person, in secret the women of the family called him a marshmallow in fondness. Tara stepped out of the tub and drained the water, toweling herself off and changing quickly. Her father's voice rang from downstairs.

"Tara?"
He called. Carver had very light blond hair and soft brown eyes. He was a tall man at 6'2.
"I'm coming!" Tara yelled back, running a comb through her hair. She bolted down the steps in gray track pants and a pastel pink t-shirt and enveloped her father in a quick hug. He laughed.
"Where's Alexis and your sister?" He asked after she let him go. She had to think for only a second.
"Mom and Anne are probably on a play date." She told him. They'd never told her where thay went so she just guessed.
"Ah." He murmured, thinking. "I'll just be upstairs than if you need me." He said finally, and up he went.
"Okay!" She answered, smiling. She busied herself by making macaroni and cheese, Fridays were nights that she cooked anyway.

I hope it's not too short, I tried my best xP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:20 am
(( time skip! ^.^ oh and hehe your style of writing is so good that length isn't even apart of the equation. =P))

Weeks had gone by since Max had last seen that girl and her odd magical talent. He had not returned to the house since that hot Friday afternoon, but every night much like this one he laid on his bed reviewing what had transpired in his head. His father had asked him where the girl lived, and after a long argument he had told him. His father promised not to cause any problems for the girl and her family, but Max wasn't sure if he could trust his father not to leek information to the government. Actually, he was quite certain he had. Odd phone calls were made in the late hours of the night spoken in hushed tones, behind locked doors. His father sometimes didn't come home, saying he had gotten caught up with his ' work.' Max knew better, he was certain that his father had given information to the government about the girl, especially since during the week Max's cell phone had been missing for two days. On Thursday it had mysteriously appeared in his backpack. Sighing, Max almost wished he had never met the girl. That way he would she would never have to endure the troubles that were bound to fall on her and her family. He only remembered too well how the government treated him when they first discovered he could fly. The ran him though tests and constant analysis that he eventually felt that he was an out cast to society. It was from that environment he learned to lock his true personality inside and play what ever role he was expected to be. In that case, it was a lab rat.

Max was mumbling in his sleep when his father shook him awake.
" W-wa?" he said, leaning up on one arm, eyes red, his hair sticking out in a hazardous style. His father sat down on the edge of the bed closest to him graved expression.
" Now Max I know your not going to like this but I'm not going to play games with you." his father said looking at him unblinkingly.
" what is it dad?" Max said rubbing his eyes.
" We haven't contacted the girls parents, but the girl is subject to study." He raised his hand to shush Max who was ready to refute him. " Son, we have heard of children like her for years....some proved to be dangerous. This was a serious precaution. Don't worry, it was just a little check up that's all. See how she spends her daily life, nothing too personal. I just felt you had the right to know. After all, she's special like you." his father said and swiftly stood and headed for the door. Max clenched his hands into fists.
" I don't care if she has powers like me. you promised me you weren't going to bring the government into this." Max said. His jaw clenched tight with frustration and betrayal.
Stepping out into the hallway is father turned and said calmly, " But like I said, this was a serious precaution." and shut the bedroom door behind him. Max flopped back into bed sighing with frustration.
" Just great! now you've got spy's on the girl!" he said angrily and threw his pillow at the door.

Danie 2Crown

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:48 pm
Heh, thanks for the compliment)

Anne ran up the stairs clutching what resembled a book of drawings. Her face was stretched in a wide euphoric grin.

"Tara!" She cried to her sister. The brunette was trying to read, albeit unsuccessfully. "Tara!" The girl gave up trying and succumbed to the blond's cries.

"Yes Anne?" She tried not to sound peeved, it wasn't that Anne was annoying, it was that she always found a perfect time to interrupt. Her sister rushed up to her and shoved a brand new doodle Tara's face. It resembled a piglet and part of a bunny. In neon pink.

"Look! Isn't my drawing the bestest?!" Tara just about groaned aloud, she didn't enjoy having to judge anything. It was hard for her to lie and say it was very pretty. She told herself it wasn't lying by saying it was pretty in it's own way, Anne seemed satisfied enough.

The chestnut-haired girl excused herself quietly and plodded down the stairs, yelling something about going out to the back of the house. She grabbed a thin white linen jacket and shrugged it atop her light-blue clad shoulders. Tara opened the front door and stepped outside for the first time in days. She sucked in a lungful of air and breathed out. If she belonged anywhere, it was in the sun. She spun around to face her home and immediately drew her eyes to the flowerbed. She and Anne loved to weave the bright colours together into bands. Almost as much as they liked to play silly games.

Over the last few weeks nothing out of the ordinary occurred. It was just the same as every year, simple, lighthearted, and above all, fun. Yes, it was very fun not to have to worry about anything.

Abruptly she spun again and started down the road, it seemed like a nice day for a walk. She grinned and started to hum quietly to herself. Her very impractical wooden clogs clinked against a concrete sidewalk in an ambient rhythm. On days like these, for no reason at all, Tara craved peace.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 pm
(( sorry I'm really short and lame now. School's hectic. =( ))

Max told his father he was going to the store on his way out of the house. The sun beat down on him as he walked to the corner liquor store. He bought a pack of gum, a blow pop, and a root beer. Walking home he jingled the change in his pocked to a happy tune only heard in his head. I wonder what she's doing.....maybe something magical. Maybe she could fly...like me. Max sighed. He wished he could practice flying, But flying was out of the question.

Soon Max found himself not at home but on the mysterious girls street. He scanned the street ahead of him and saw a small figure slowly advancing in his direction. The shape looked familiar, the long brownish sun-touched hair, the seemingly pale complexion, the way light seemed to concentrate as if it was being pulled by some type of magnet. It was her. Her. Max slowed his step, nervous. He listened to the clack of her wooden shoes when she neared, and his mind raced What to do? What to say? He prayed for a providence.

Danie 2Crown

ll persnickety

Newbie Spotter

6,150 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:48 pm
Haha, it's okay))

She noticed a figure on the edge of her vision. From what she could tell, with her slightly handicapped eyesight, it was a boy. He looked tall, she noted mentally. As she came nearer and nearer her steps became quieter. I've never seen him before.. She mused in the guarded depths of her mind. It was very tempting not to yell a greeting, but that would've been embarrassing for her. A slight moment passed where she just stood still, ten meters away. At this distance she could see his deep-set features and dark hair, he was surprisingly handsome. Her cheeks flushed scarlet, it wasn't common for her to think such thoughts about anyone. Let alone a stranger. Tara remembered where she was and hurriedly started walking again, embarrassed even more so about her pause.

Time seemed to flow slowly as she walked nearer. She didn't know weather to just breeze by or stop and introduce herself. She only had a limited time to choose, as she was only 10 steps away. It turns out her decision didn't matter, because in her haste she tripped over a crack and in her attempt to regain balance she stumbled right in front of him. Smooth Tara. She thought sarcastically. By now she was already very, very flushed. Might as well say something, I made it this far...

"Hello," She said, hesitating. She had no clue as to who he was, or why he was here. Dropping those thoughts she added a small laugh to the end of her sentence. She couldn't quite figure out what else to say, she was bad at introductions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 am
Max stunned, quickly recovered and returned the girls greeting. Smiling faintly he asked " you okay?" Max's mind raced, what should I do? He knew if he didn't come up with something soon she would walk away. After all, he was nothing but a stranger. " you look familiar...do you go to Mcclain high school?" He asked. He was sure if she did attend to his school he would have noticed, but there was always hope. No matter how slim it was. God I'm actually talking to her...to her! I wonder what her name is... Max thought as he waited intuitively for her response. His face registered that look of half recognition, though he was quite sure they didn't know each other. If he got through this he was going to tell her everything. Just seeing her innocent expression he yearned to confess to her. Though he knew he couldn't, not yet. I would only freak her out and he was pretty sure she would like to know that she was being spied on by the government. For a split second Max's eyes looked behind the girl and narrowed in on the street behind her. Just as he suspected there was a white unmarked car parked not to far way. It was looked empty but the tip off was the Marcos dealership logo in place of the license plate. There was no such place as Marco's dealer's, it was code for an undercover search. His eyes quickly flickered back on the girl as he waited for her to answer.  

Danie 2Crown

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces