Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Introduce yourself Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:28 am
Hi, I'm Esper Ranger, the head of the Geocaching Guild. I'm a 39 year old guy stuck in Kentucky. I lived in Japan for almost 3 years (early '90s) and go back as often as possible to visit the family of my Japanese wife.

My hobbies include geocaching (of course), hiking, camping, reading, writing, pencil & dice role-playing games and visiting Japan.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:51 pm
I'm Irodori though I go by a different name on the Geocaching website. I've been caching for three years after being introduced to it by Esper Ranger. My only other hobbies are playing old import video games from Japan and watching classic anime.  

Irodori

Ceramic Sunset

OG Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:14 pm
My name's Jacob. I'm a fairly new geocacher. I also live in Kentucky. Mt Sterling. My username on the Geocaching website is JSniper. I haven't found many caches.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:04 pm
I'm Tim, I have 2 active caches in my area (had to retire one) and maintain 5 waymarks. I've hit over 100 caches since joining in December of 2006. I like to browse geocoins online, and (as money permits) add to my collection; I also trade pathtags.

GCuser: TjT  

Oriyn

5,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

blooddirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 pm
I'm Ed, and I live in Florida I have been geocaching on and off over the past 2 years, I too have lived in japan, Okinawa 2000-2005, my other hobbies include baseball kayaking and camping  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:59 am
I'm Kathy, 30 and I live in Texas. I am new to geocaching, but it's really fun. The guy that introduced me to it moved away. I'm hoping to get some of my friends into it, get them more moving and active.  

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:17 pm
Gielinor
My name's Jacob. I'm a fairly new geocacher. I also live in Kentucky. Mt Sterling. My username on the Geocaching website is JSniper. I haven't found many caches.

Gielinor, will you be attending the Octoberfest @ Windy Rock in Bardstown (see seperate thread)? It is the geocaching event of the year in these parts (Kentucky).

Anyway, welcome to everyone who has joined so far. I guess I forgot to mention that my geocaching handle is Esper Ranger also.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:26 pm
I'm Chiharu, Esper Ranger's daughter. I also love visiting my grandparents in Japan whenever I can and am planning on spending the entire summer there next year!

My hobbies are drawing, reading, writing, playing video games (I'm a professional video gamer. ninja ), and surfing the net.

Xhirachu

Fashionable Genius

Sukida125

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:07 am
Hello,
my name's Sukida125.. aka Sam biggrin (female! lol)

me and my boyfriend have only just started geo caching this year, after finding the website cool

we've found afew caches, but we havent been for ages as we've just moved into a new house (renting)

but we will be going again sometime when we've got the main computer set up, as we only have the laptop at the moment.

(we are both member on the geocaching site as, GazznSam )

so you can see what caches we've done, lol

great forum,
from Sam  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 pm
Okay here we go!
I 'm Nicole and I have known about gocaching for awhile but I have a ton of stuff to do and haven't really started. I hope that I will be able to very soon with a group of my friends. But since I've been busy with modeling lessons and my closest friends have jobs and well... we can't drive yet. So my parents don't sound too excited about driving around everywhere so, yeah.  

OrangeColaPrincess

Maskani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am
I'm Anne and I live in the south of England, although I'll be moving up to the Midlands for university very soon. I first got into Geocaching at college where there was a club. It looked interesting so I signed up, and discovered how much fun it is. I haven't been able to do it much since I left college mostly because of time restrictions and the fact that I don't own a GPS system - yet! Hopefully, with a new step in life, my funds will soon stretch enough to buy one and I may well make me some new friends to come out geocaching with me around the area.

(On the Geocaching site I am known as SunnySombrera).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 pm
My name is Kait and I am located in Canada. I have been caching for about 4-5 years but have only logged about 40. Probably about another 10 not logged. There was no internet where I lived for awhile. Now that I have my own car I will be caching a lot more. Hopefully. rofl  

nastywillow

Neoslayer75

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:19 am
Huzzah! Hail to you all...my fellow gaians/geocachers. I'm Neoslayer...or just Neo for short...the name is my PC gamer tag...but I go by latinodaddy75 on the geocaching website. I'm here in Texas...D/FW area. Single dad of 2 boys, who love the game. I've also gotten a number of friends & family into the game. Been caching for about a couple of years. I found 75 thus far, a couple of benchmarks, and maintain 10 of my own caches. I've been absent from the hunt for a good while due to RL issues, but plan on getting back into the game very soon. I soooo have to get some batteries for my GPS'r. stressed

If anyone is ever in my area...don't hesitate to drop me a line...caching is much more fun with friends. 3nodding

Thanks for the invite Ranger! pirate  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Hi ^^
My (Middle ninja ) name is Nicole, I am a new geocacher (Placed my first cache last weekend!!) I am only 14 years old, and have become recently obsessed with geocaching after finding a cache by my home.  

lightning_fall

Robo Lucca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:56 am
Sorry for the late introduction! I'm Sarie and I turn 25 on the day after Halloween. I live in San Diego, California and I've been geocaching off and on now for about 4 years. My favorite caches are the really adventurous ones that pretty much require you to go in a group. smile The easier solo caches are pretty relaxing though. I'm going out for a jog soon so I may look to see if there are any new caches in my residential area. biggrin  
Geocaching Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff