Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Too Human Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soroks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:05 pm
Anyone else playing it? If so, what do you like about it and what don't you like about it.

And most importantly: Co-Op?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:07 pm
It got pretty mediocre/terrible reviews. which made me laugh after all the hype/advertising I saw.  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:20 pm
I highly considered getting it, but I'm gonna pass and go for the jRPGs coming out soon for the 360.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:45 pm
1 year in the making, and it gets a C average. I am probably not getting this now.  

Deathguiser

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm
Soroks
Anyone else playing it? If so, what do you like about it and what don't you like about it.

Are you playing it? Care to give a personal review?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:00 am
Deathguiser
1 year in the making, and it gets a C average. I am probably not getting this now.

You mean 10 years.  

nitnit
Captain

Soroks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:12 am
Undine Mystic
Soroks

Are you playing it? Care to give a personal review?

Actually just finished it last night, at least from a story standpoint. It does some things good, and some things bad.

The best part about the game is by far the combat. It has a very simple and intuitive control system that allows you to move around the battlefield in one fluid motion similar to that of a dance of bullets and steel. The other system in place that works fairly well is the loot system. In fact I would even venture to say it works too well, as you always have blueprints in your inventory just sitting there waiting to be crafted once you reach the required level. The sound design works well, with sweeping ballads that turn into rock anthems given the combat situation around you. The story isn't really that bad either, but it does take a while to grow on you.

Voice acting is horrible. Then there is the lack of enemies. You have Goblins, Dark Elves and Undead, plus the Trolls. And the trolls are the only special ones. The others don't have unique ways of killing them, just simply hack hack hack hack hack, which is not a bad thing, but I wouldn't mind having like... a necromancer mixed in with the Undead mobs to make things interesting.

Lunch calls, more impressions to follow...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:55 pm
im gonna skip Too Human for now and maybe buy it used, its not all that great anyways. Fallout 3 and Banjo are getting my last bit of money this year. ninja  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:06 pm
nitnit
Deathguiser

You mean 10 years.

Thats what I meant, obviously. I haven't heard of any games recently that were finished in a single year.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:31 pm
Completely unrelated but this is directed towards sorok's sig:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Harharhar. This is one case where the alliance beats the horde.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm
Tr0n714
im gonna skip Too Human for now and maybe buy it used, its not all that great anyways. Fallout 3 and Banjo are getting my last bit of money this year. ninja

When is Fallout coming out? That game takes priority over every other game, including gears 2 and fable 2.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:40 pm
Deathguiser
Tr0n714

When is Fallout coming out? That game takes priority over every other game, including gears 2 and fable 2.

No starcraft 2 does. Then lich king, then red alert 3.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:01 pm
nitnit
Deathguiser
Tr0n714

I don't own WoW. Not really that interested in Red Alert 3, but I have to watch trailers. Star Craft 2 has a wait before it makes an appearance.

On my list Fallout 3 is Number 1. For now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:42 pm
nitnit
Deathguiser
Tr0n714

Oh it is all about the SC2. I want that game so bad I can taste it. But until then I will be sticking with mostly the console stuff. I typically stay away from PC stuff unless it has Blizzard or Valve written on it.  

Soroks

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:00 pm
AVOIDING MY CALL OUT ABOUT THE WARLOCK I SEE =P  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items