Reply Q&A (Are YOU using this?)
Where to Shoot Guns Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SharkieDraws

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:15 pm
Yes, I know what gun ranges are. But let's say a person owns a gun and lives in the suburbs... can she do some plinking in her backyard if the neighbors don't care? Would it be breaking the law?

Shooting guns down an interstate highway is a no-no, of course...the reason I brought this up was because one of my English teacher's friends tried to go hunt deer that block the highway every morning and cause everyone to be late to their jobs. He brought a shotgun to the highway, shot at a few and got yelled at because he was putting drivers' lives in danger. XD

Anyway, the point of this thread is, can I shoot legally anywhere other than a range/gallery/whatever you gun nuts call 'em?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:26 pm
Yes, there are certain areas where shooting on private land is allowed. I'm not sure about the specifics, as I'm sure it depends on your state, city, etc... For the most part it is in rural areas or sparse sub-urbs where plots of land tend to be fairly large. (Check deed restrictions)  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:33 pm
With all that deed stuff it also comes down to what you feel safe shooting.

IMO, I'll shoot .22s and target load for my 12 gauge but I wouldn't want to go out shooting slugs unless I get a proper back stop. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:18 pm
I wouldn't do it in the suburbs.

Out in the foothills near my town, though, people plink targets all the time. My friend's grandpa just stands on his balcony and shoots down towards his field. He has five acres of land, so it's not a problem.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 pm
It is illegal to discharge a firearm with-in the boundaries of the city. In some counties it is illegal as well. Check with your local Sheriff's Department... I hate local PD so I usually just deal with the Sheriff's office.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:19 pm
Crash Maniac
It is illegal to discharge a firearm with-in the boundaries of the city. In some counties it is illegal as well. Check with your local Sheriff's Department... I hate local PD so I usually just deal with the Sheriff's office.
Unincorporated towns KICK a**. mrgreen  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 pm
Fresnel
Crash Maniac
Unincorporated towns KICK a**. mrgreen

2nd...

I miss unincorporated areas. Like hunting dear off the back porch, and perfecting improvised... umm... fireworks... yeah, Improvised fireworks...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 am
Unincorporated?  

OberFeldwebel

SharkieDraws

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:12 pm
OberFeldwebel
Unincorporated?

Seconded, what does that word mean?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:23 pm
Wark_Ento
OberFeldwebel
Unincorporated?

My town is a town only in name. We have no mayor, no council. We're technically owned by the county. The closest thing to a mayor we have is the governor.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 am
Fresnel
Wark_Ento
OberFeldwebel
Unincorporated?

My town is a town only in name. We have no mayor, no council. We're technically owned by the county. The closest thing to a mayor we have is the governor.

Oh... ok.

Yeah our town is considered a 'township' or some such. Is that any different?

We were voting to be... something so that we could get rid of this nosy b***h that makes sure everyone is doing everything by code or some such bullshit.

When we were working on the other room we had to secretly throw away the construction garbage so that she wouldn't know.

From what I've heard she's gone as far as looking into people's windows and garbage to catch people. Honestly, that's a way to catch a bullet.

When I can, I try and keep the garbage cans 30' inside the driveway until the truck comes to pick them up. But I can't do that every time. That way if someone looking through them it'll be trespassing. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:00 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Wark_Ento
OberFeldwebel
Unincorporated?

Oh... ok.

Yeah our town is considered a 'township' or some such. Is that any different?

We were voting to be... something so that we could get rid of this nosy b***h that makes sure everyone is doing everything by code or some such bullshit.

When we were working on the other room we had to secretly throw away the construction garbage so that she wouldn't know.

From what I've heard she's gone as far as looking into people's windows and garbage to catch people. Honestly, that's a way to catch a bullet.

When I can, I try and keep the garbage cans 30' inside the driveway until the truck comes to pick them up. But I can't do that every time. That way if someone looking through them it'll be trespassing. wink
Not quite. A township is still unincorporated, IIRC, but has a bit of local government. We have none.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:28 pm
Ah ok. I get it now.

... damn those places sound nice.
But not so if you have a history of illness like heart attacks and such.

I suppose in those places the castle law is in effect?
Or are there just no laws that say the contrary?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 am
OberFeldwebel
Ah ok. I get it now.

I think AZ is a castle law state. Hell, out here, you could kill a man and bury him in the desert, and chances are nobody'd ever find the body.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:07 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Ah ok. I get it now.

I think AZ is a castle law state. Hell, out here, you could kill a man and bury him in the desert, and chances are nobody'd ever find the body.

I still wouldn't risk it. Unless that guy had a really cool gun when he was trespassing.
I'd hate for it to be in a police evidence locker for all eternity.

Anything other than a Glock.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces