Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
gg republicans? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 pm
So I've been watching the democratic national convention, and I must say, obama delivered a retardedly amazing speech.

Now, I'm not a supporter of either candidate/party, but srsly, how is mccain going to respond do this?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 am
Obama's was great, he always is. But the rest of the convention really sucked. With the speakers and all the rallying up to Obama's speech, there should have been a 12-13% spike in the polls, but last I read it was about 2%.

Although polls admittedly mean nothing this early and won't mean much until post polls, Obama has him beat by a relatively small margin. With the upcoming debates I think we'll see that change drastically.

Personally, I hate both. Especially with Biden as the VP. eek  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:45 am
12% spike in the polls... no not really.

Also Al Gore, that random governor (forgot which one) and the clintons were great as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am
nitnit
12% spike in the polls... no not really.

Also Al Gore, that random governor (forgot which one) and the clintons were great as well.

Actually yes, in past election they usually have that amount go from undecided to the party.

I try and tune out Al Gore at all costs. Bubba was good, but Hillary was her usual annoying chipmunk self.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:05 pm
I actually kind of like Al Gore now that he's less of a politician. Also Hilary was fine, her only objective was to get all of her supporters to go over to obama, and so far it seems that's working.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:09 pm
User Image

I had to see it. For school. I'm not really into politics. sweatdrop
But Obama's speech was good. I guess. I mean, most of it made sense to me.
User Image

Mezzo_Forte

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:11 pm
Obama used Awesome Speech!

Critical Hit!

McCain used Counter with girl vice-president nominee.

Its not very effective...

EDIT: To clarify It's not very effective to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 pm
It's actually McCain's best chance, and it's far too early to determine how effective it will be.  

nitnit
Captain

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:14 pm
He's now got my dad's vote because she is pro hunting.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 pm
nitnit
It's actually McCain's best chance, and it's far too early to determine how effective it will be.

Uh, what? The only think she brings to the table is being a woman. For a man who is self-admittedly terrible at everything economics, choosing someone who is equally dumbfounded may not be a great idea.

It's an obvious attempt to gain old Hilary supporters, I can't see it working.  

Jonnnn

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 pm
Jonnnn
nitnit

Uh, what? The only think she brings to the table is being a woman. For a man who is self-admittedly terrible at everything economics, choosing someone who is equally dumbfounded may not be a great idea.

Also in some peoples eyes she could kill the beast of london below...

Hoping someone gets the reference.

She's pro hunting to the max... and is scheduling to drill oil in Alaska tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:31 pm
Jonnnn
nitnit

No, it's an attempt to get all women, and to parallel barack's 'yay for black people' with a 'yay for women' . It's also his only hope.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 pm
nitnit
Jonnnn
nitnit

No, it's an attempt to get all women, and to parallel barack's 'yay for black people' with a 'yay for women' . It's also his only hope.

Something tells me the completely anti-progression nature in the fields of science and civil rights, especially for woman, won't go that well as a "yay for woman" campaign.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:00 pm
who even finds interest in politics... they're all a bunch of lying a**-kissing faggots with dicks in their hands for mittens... jesus  

tehdrummer

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 pm
tehdrummer
who even finds interest in politics... they're all a bunch of lying buttocks-kissing homosexuals with penises in their hands for mittens... mesiah

Wow using correct terms there aren't you?

Probably because they will be our next president and we want the better liar to trick other countries into giving us oil.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff