Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
As long as there are kids do you think Nintendo will survive Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NkGuy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:29 am
You can say that a lot of nintendo games are kiddish... I mean there are those that like mario kart, tennis, animal crossing, and others such as rayman, etc. But for some reason, even if mario kart is a good game, my cousing won't even touch it. He says its baby stuff you know. What if we grow up and decide that mario is just getting old?

I don't know why I'm wasting my time but whatever. I like nintendo but I think that I will eventually grow out of that mario stage (except melee because I love that game (and brawl.)) I know Nintendo does make hardcore games but its occasional in a way. The Conduit looks good as well as that other bloody game.

I could be wrong though, because I love platformer games such as banjo kazooie, mario 64, rayman, and I may play them till I'm 50. I guess I just have to wait and see. Or maybe I may just grow out of video games in general.

[Chaotix Bluix edits: Sorry guys, the poll was removed to avoid possible ToS violation. sad ]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:48 am
Nintendo happens to be completely dominating sales this generation (in b4 deathguiser tries to object this with some misinterpreted information from game informer from like a year ago then I post up like 20 websites that say otherwise). So I don't really see your point.

You are aware that Nintendo has been in the same situation since the N64..? Hell even the SNES was deemed "immature" compared to the cooler more controversial genesis.  

nitnit
Captain

Magonarka-2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 am
well, nintendo applies to all ages but it looks like it's more for kids  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 am
Magonarka-2
well, nintendo applies to all ages but it looks like it's more for kids

Like I said, nintendo has pretty much always been this way.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:40 am
nitnit
Nintendo happens to be completely dominating sales this generation (in b4 deathguiser tries to object this with some misinterpreted information from game informer from like a year ago then I post up like 20 websites that say otherwise). So I don't really see your point.

You are aware that Nintendo has been in the same situation since the N64..? Hell even the SNES was deemed "immature" compared to the cooler more controversial genesis.

A magazine from less than a month ago is considered a more reliable source than most websites you could come up with. They even announced the information I am about to put on G4 TV.

The Wii may have the highest sales, but the number of consoles leaving the stores is mostly PS3, and the system is slowly catching up. This is thanks to Blu Ray and other great PS3 exclusives. (In b4 nitnit tries to bash the PS3 with misinterpreted knowledge, considering he doesn't even own one.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:19 am
Kakashi-the best ninga
You can say that a lot of nintendo games are kiddish... I mean there are those that like mario kart, tennis, animal crossing, and others such as rayman, etc. But for some reason, even if mario kart is a good game, my cousing won't even touch it. He says its baby stuff you know. What if we grow up and decide that mario is just getting old?

I don't know why I'm wasting my time but whatever. I like nintendo but I think that I will eventually grow out of that mario stage (except melee because I love that game (and brawl.)) I know Nintendo does make hardcore games but its occasional in a way. The Conduit looks good as well as that other bloody game.

I could be wrong though, because I love platformer games such as banjo kazooie, mario 64, rayman, and I may play them till I'm 50. I guess I just have to wait and see. Or maybe I may just grow out of video games in general.

Not really sure how you can say Nintendo is "childish" I mean they are far from childish. Hardware wise they cant do anything about that. they are Innovative Game Developers because of how good the Wii is.

Software wise you are wrong my friend. Sure Mario is childish but look at the games. Most of it is far from childish. Super Mario Galaxy? i doubt a kid could beat that game from start to finish and want to get 100% completion on it. I love some Mario Kart myself and its a great Aracde Raceing game. Just because Third Party developers develop kid games or bloat the shevlves of wii games with alot of crap doesnt mean Nintendo is childish.

Nintendo cant be considered a childish developer either cause of great franchises such as Zelda, Metroid, and others. Blame the third party developers and dont call Nintendo a kids console. Check out Mad World for the Wii lol and see what ppl are gonna try on the console. hopefully it catches on. ninja  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:28 am
Deathguiser

A magazine from less than a month ago is considered a more reliable

Too bad Game Informer (the one you were talking about last time) has admitted that despite having many good games nintendo is dominating in profits in its August issue (or september, whatever the latest one is)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:34 am
Also, stop misinterpreting information, the PS3 is outselling the 360 right now, that doesn't mean it's anywhere near having sold more consoles. (also almost all of those sales were due to MGS4)  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:41 am
Deathguiser

A magazine from less than a month ago is considered a more reliable source than most websites you could come up with.

Damn guys, looks like the NPD, from which the investors/stockmarket/magazine itself gets its sales data from is incorrect D=

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_sales_data  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:58 am
Also even better formated data here: (only includes american sales. in japan wii has an even bigger edge over both, and PS3 is also much more popular than the 360)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p6N9IxPVoO8B6b8IMcdqdQQ&hl=en  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:18 pm
First, I can't see anything from wikipedia being a very solid source. Second, the other spreadsheet only shows that the Wii has sold more. As of right now, the PS3 is slowly beginning to CATCH UP in sales, compared to its incredibly slow start. n owhere have I said it was beating the Wii in downright sales, but the number sold is increasing pretty steadily, and is expected to at least match the Wii.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:22 pm
http://vgchartz.com/

Go down to hardware sales.

The ps3 is beating the 360 in monthly/weekly sales but not the wii. The thing is the wii has a lower game:console ratio of sales then the 360 and ps3.  

Pay Per Cuts

[Mortal Angel]

O.G. Elder

7,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:26 pm
Why is it when we talk about game consoles in this guild we always bring up on how some are better than others. Can't we just let it go and go back to this guy's question?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 pm
[Mortal Angel]
Why is it when we talk about game consoles in this guild we always bring up on how some are better than others. Can't we just let it go and go back to this guy's question?

Well hardware sales are fact =)  

Pay Per Cuts

[Mortal Angel]

O.G. Elder

7,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:31 pm
Indeed, well I can agree there...it seems you bested me, I will sneak off somewhere else now!
-Kappa  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces