Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]
[PRP] Meet the king of Demons [Abeni, Hakuna & Iar] FIN! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 pm
Hakuna grinned. There! One of the Aran'shale's scents! It was Iar's, sadly...but Hakuna was too elated at having found another demon to care as much as normal. She proceeded towards his scent with her head high, the skull on her face obscuring the scars he'd once given her.

"We are nearing the first Aran'shale you shall meet, Abeni. He leads the side of the pride under the god Morifaer's patronage." It was midnight, the full moon high in the black sky and barely a breeze disturbing the grasses of the savanna part of their lands. A good sign, Hakuna thought...auspicious even.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 am
Abeni followed in silence, gold eyes flickering around at the new landscape. When she announced that she had found the trail of one of the kings she smiled softly and nodded in reply. Then simply continued to follow her in anticipated silence.

But then she pondered for a moment, and tilted her head to Hakuna as they walked. "Are there more than one... side?"

honey.roasted.ferrets

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:44 pm
Iartuupe was just coming back from a bit of patrolling the borders, slipping quietly through the night - with just the bright red of his mane and markings to show him to those who were observant.

Even then, though, he was confident that here, inside of his own lands and pride, that no one would challenge him. And if they did, he would quickly show them who the better was.

Looking up, he tilted head slightly as he spotted two lionesses coming toward him. One, he knew... Hakuna. The other, though ... was a stranger. A dark-pelted female with eyes that almost looked as if they glowed...

Well, well. What was this?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 pm
Hakuna nodded. "There are two sides, for our two Gods, Morifaer and Sparda." Once they were close enough, she made a bow to the black and red king. Reluctant, but not so much as usual.

"Aran'shale, I have brought one who seems to be one of us." She rose out of the bow and motioned for Abeni to step forward. "She is yours to judge."

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

honey.roasted.ferrets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 pm
She nodded in reply, filling away the rest of her questions for later when they were alone... For now she turned her attention to the large lion ahead of her. After a quick glance to Hakuna, she stepped a few paces forward, head lowered with her ears tilted back slightly. It was a respectful stance, but she did not fully bow.

"Judge as you see fit, dear King." She purred, smiling gently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:09 pm
Iar eyed the new lioness for a moment or two, casting a glance over at Hakuna. Well, she may be annoying ... but it looked to him as if she'd done some good for the pride. Aside from the cubs she'd already given then. But then again, those had been produced with Verge... so he wasn't quite sure how he felt about them.

Turning his attention back to Abeni, he growled softly. "So you believe you are a demon... and worthy to join with us?"

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 pm
Hakuna sat, staying silent. She would let Iar make his own judgments without her input...He was a fool, as far as she was concerned, but she was sure even Iar would be able to sense what she did. Abeni was no ordinary lioness...not at all...

And she just couldn't wipe the ghost of a smile from her muzzle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:29 pm
She nodded, her head still held a bit lower than it usually would be. "Yes... I do believe so." Now that she had shown a bit of respect, she raised her chin high, facing him fully. "I've always been aware of... something, inside me. Guiding me, speaking to me... It guided me here. I did not fully understand it then, but now... I do believe it is a demon that gives me power."

Abeni watched the king closely, trying to judge his reactions.

honey.roasted.ferrets

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm
"Really, now..." Iar purred, stepping forward toward her. But then, quite suddenly, the demon king reared back on his hind legs and swiped at her with claws, snarling.

"Then show me your demon!" he growled, suddenly aggressive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 pm
Abeni's eyes widened slightly when she was attacked. Even though she had a split second to react before the claws hit her, she didn't. She assumed that this was some kind of ritual... Usually she would not be prone to fight unless she had a good reason. But... joining this pride seemed like a good enough reason for now.

She flinched slightly as the blood started to roll down her cheek. The skin above her nose wrinkled in annoyance, but she bared the pain without complaint.

However, instead of lounging at him in brute force, she started to stalk around him, gold eyed locked on his. She preferred stealth and speed to her fighting. Though her body was fairly calm and composed, an intense fire burned in her eyes.

honey.roasted.ferrets

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:07 pm
Iar was a bit startled when the dark lioness didn't immediately fight back, but then he picked up on her tactic and stood still, just his head turning to watch her.

He had gotten first blood... now... to wait and see what she would do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:12 pm
She merely continued to stalk him, looping around in a somewhat wide circle. At least, wide enough he couldn't strike her without stepping forward and possibly leaving himself for a swift attack himself.

Abeni was patient. She was not the strongest animal in Africa, not by a mile. Her quick mind made up for it. She took her time, and did not stray from her methods. But if he did not make a move, she would walk slower, her eyes locking on his.

"Are we to dance together all day?" By this time the blood had formed a large circle, small droplets outlining where she had stepped.

honey.roasted.ferrets

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:24 pm
Iar half purred at that, a sort of amused sound. "I don't know... I'm staying still. But if you would like to dance..."

Trailing off, he leapt at her again, but at the last moment, pulled his paw back and instead aimed jaws for an ear. That was always nice and painful... if he managed to connect.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:38 pm
She was ready for the attack. Assuming that her words would taunt an attack, she was on her guard. She'd flinched away from his paws, but was able to change direction away from his teeth as well. By mere centimeters... Her nose wrinkled more when she smelt the fleeting odor of his breath.

The smaller lion was quick to react after wards, her coiled legs suddenly thrusting up and locking. And, if her blow was accurate enough to connect, would ram the top of her skull up into the bottom of his jaw while he was still recovering from the bite attack.

honey.roasted.ferrets

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:47 pm
That did surprise Iar and ended up connecting with an audible snap that sent him reeling backwards for just a moment.

Backing away long enough to get his bearings, the demon king snarled and came at her again, faster this time. There was no real plan to this attack, as he'd learned that those who relied on planning and stealth were sometimes confused by totally random brutality.

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff