Yes.....-clenchs teeth-
  OH, I already read it.
  -still shocked-
View Results

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:30 pm
Quote:
What happened to Marcus's wife?

Once upon a time, a fairly young vampire (he had only been a vampire for a decade and a half) named Aro changed his young sister Didyme, who had just reached adulthood, into a vampire in order to add her to his growing coven. Aro always wanted power, and because he himself had a potent mind-reading gift, he hoped his biological sister would also be gifted in a way that would help him rise in the vampire world. It turned out that Didyme did have a gift; she carried with her an aura of happiness that affected everyone who came near her. Though it wasn't exactly what he had hoped for, Aro pondered the best ways he could use this gift. Meanwhile, Aro's most trusted partner, Marcus, fell in love with Didyme. This was not unusual; given the way she made people feel, lots of people fell in love with Didyme. The difference was that this time, Didyme fell in love herself. The two of them were tremendously happy. So happy, in fact that, after a while, they no longer cared that much about Aro's plans for domination. After a few centuries, Didyme and Marcus discussed going their own way. Of course, Aro was well aware of their intentions. He was not happy about it, but he pretended to give his blessing. Then he waited for an opportunity to act, and when he knew he would never be found out, he murdered his sister. After all, Marcus's gift was much more useful to him than hers had been. This is not to say that Aro did not truly love his sister; it's just that a key part of his personality is the ability to destroy even what he loves in order to further his ambitions. Marcus never found out that Aro was responsible for Didyme's death. He became an empty man. Aro used Chelsea's gift to keep Marcus loyal to the Volturi, though not even Chelsea's gift could make Marcus show any enthusiasm for it.

I found this off this FAQS in BD.

At first I was like burning_eyes .

Then eek

After that evil

Then crying

And then I was thinking omg, I feel so bad for Marcus. He doesn't even know....oh god......I want to hug him so badly.....

I used to hate jacob the most (hated him less after reading BD, but still hated him the most), but now I really hate Aro.

sweatdrop By the way, sorry if some people already knew. I just felt so bad for Marcus.....now finally understanding why he's so bored all the time.....I mean, it's just like if Jacob murdered Bella when she turned, and Edward would be so bored & depressed all the time.....but I'm sure he'd kill himself though.....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm
I know I was like eek

On the other hand, I was kind of confused. because although Aro is the leader of the powerful Volturi, Stephenie always made it seem like he was the one who wasn't as vicious. I would've expected that from Caius, but Aro? Now I'm REALLY interested in Aro's character (not that I wasn't before). He's always so, "Oh not to worry my pet" and "Oh dear, how tragic". I wonder what makes him tick...

None the less, I don't hate him. This makes me wanna know more about him  

Aqua Anjel

Persephone Waker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:58 pm
I remember not trusting him in New Moon, was it? His first appearance. Because...he seemed way to...fake. I'm sure his words betray his thoughts. Then I hated...Caius, I think? The one who wanted to fight from the start.

And yes, his character is very interesting. Saying smooth, calm words when he goes and does that... Yeah, I was shocked...then interested and feeling a bit of pity for his sister and Marcus.

The Volturi are just evil. Just evil.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 am
In New Moon I thought he was kind of fruity and he still has that air to him but GOSHDARNIT I LIKE MARCUS!!!!! He seems to be the only SANE Volturi and he, despite being a zombie/vampire, was compassionate enough to want to see the true justice with the Cullens and seeing it was not needed he decided to justly spare them it sounds to me like he has more admirable leadersahip qualities than Aro and is more just than all the others. But I feel reeeallly sick to picture Cais and Aro with their wives I mean EWWW!!! What was the name of the GUY in the Denali coven? he knew that Chelsea (I think that was her name) was holding him there so I have a feeling Marcus may know he is being held there too if only subconciosly but I feel so sorry for him. I just realised when the fissure opened up and he looked bored he may somehow have died and probably wouldn't care... ARO IS A JERK AND I CAN'T USE THE REAL WORDS FOR HIM WITHOUT CENSORING!!!!! (oh and sorry about all the yelling)  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 am
oh and I meant Aro was kind of fruity not Marcus  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am
oh and sorry one las tpost but you said how Edward would have killed himself... by going to the VOLTURI but Marcus IS a Volturi and Aro would never kill him and no one else would dare to defy Aro by killing him so he is completley screwed in that sense  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:28 pm
What an a**!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:05 pm
Poor Marcus... he was awsome. Always made me laugh by how bored he was with everything... but this? This is just sad...  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 pm
eek evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil crying crying crying crying
thats TERRIBLE
marcus must be so empty....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:15 am
by the way about the topic title why don't you tell us how you really feel XD  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

WineChan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
by the way about the topic title why don't you tell us how you really feel XD
Well, like you know Kari. I don't really like Aro anymore. But I have to admit, it's fun to write fanfiction about him.

Here's a funny AIM conversation that Aro and Mike Newton had.

ilikebananas(mike newton): The Volturi? What's that? Is it an illegal Pimp club?

Imtehking(Aro): Were vampires you foolish mortal!

Ilikebananas: Oooo! Are you an illegal underground strip club? Sign me up! Can I be a pole dancer? I have a verry big and appealing b-

imtehking: I have to go.

-Imtehking has left the chatroom-

ilikebananas: Is that a yes or a no?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:28 am
I haven't liked him since the beginning of Twilight.

.Lady Rosewater.

Invisible Sophomore

11,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 am
Aqua Anjel
I know I was like eek

On the other hand, I was kind of confused. because although Aro is the leader of the powerful Volturi, Stephenie always made it seem like he was the one who wasn't as vicious. I would've expected that from Caius, but Aro? Now I'm REALLY interested in Aro's character (not that I wasn't before). He's always so, "Oh not to worry my pet" and "Oh dear, how tragic". I wonder what makes him tick...

None the less, I don't hate him. This makes me wanna know more about him

Yeah me too...I agree...
Now hes me new fav villain lol
I had a thing for Umbridge (not a weird thing)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:47 am
.Lady Rosewater.
Do we even know who the Volturi are in Twilight?  

the-argonaut

Profitable Fatcat

WineChan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:15 pm
x__c r u c i o
.Lady Rosewater.
Do we even know who the Volturi are in Twilight?
Yes. It was mentioned when Bella went to the Cullen's house. 3nodding  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces