I now know what Stephenie was talking about Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm
I know what Stephenie was talking about when she gets lost in her own story. When she's always stuck in the world of her books. It makes total sense when you're trying to write a book yourself.

A few weeks ago I started to attempt to write a book. All I do is think about it. What will happen? How will that turn out? What's next? It's a mystery in my head. I am shocked what I put down.

Honestly, I couldn't have started with out every little advice Stephenie gives out for starting book writers. I try to write my book for myself. And try a lot of what Stephenie says. It really works. I thank her from the bottom of my heart. :]

[if you're interested, i put my first chapter is in my blog. it happens to be there so a friend could read it. i shouldn't have let them, but they're a huge help to me.]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:01 pm
That's super cool you're writing a book. I applaud you.

I've thought about trying to write a book myself, but I have no good ideas. I've found I tend to copy what others have done rather than create original ideas, so I never start anything. I may try someday, but I'd have to wait for inspiration to hit like me like a train. . . Who knows, maybe someday I'll have a super interesting dam I just can't stand to forget, lol.

I hope everything works out good with your book.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:51 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.

I've thought about trying to write a book myself, but I have no good ideas. I've found I tend to copy what others have done rather than create original ideas, so I never start anything. I may try someday, but I'd have to wait for inspiration to hit like me like a train. . . Who knows, maybe someday I'll have a super interesting dam I just can't stand to forget, lol.

Thank you. :]

If you want to find some kind of inspiration, just find what inspires you the most to everything else. Normally, things just come to me. I never really intended to write a book like I am trying to do. I just started typing something down. Soon, it became a story in my head.

I hope you try to find something write about. :]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am
I know what you mean.
Stephenie inspired me so much!
My book, I'm currently into the 7th chapter of it, is moving along so well.
I find myself getting pulled in and seeing it play as if it were a movie!
It was amazing.
Now I can't stop writing... lol

As for inspiration... I had a dream one night and it was so vivid I had to write it down. Now, it's going to be my book.
Though writing a novel is one the hardest things I've ever started, I just can't stop. I want to know how it ends, and that is a mystery until I finish!

Good Luck with your book writing!!! From one writer to another  

DncStar

Anxious Spook

27,075 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Master Converter 500

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:00 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.

i know what you mean. i never get good ideas on
my own. well... its rare if i do.

so, i started to write a fanfiction. start out small, ya know?
its... not coming out so well. i cant get the words out of head.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:06 pm
DncStar
I know what you mean.
Stephenie inspired me so much!
My book, I'm currently into the 7th chapter of it, is moving along so well.
I find myself getting pulled in and seeing it play as if it were a movie!
It was amazing.
Now I can't stop writing... lol

As for inspiration... I had a dream one night and it was so vivid I had to write it down. Now, it's going to be my book.
Though writing a novel is one the hardest things I've ever started, I just can't stop. I want to know how it ends, and that is a mystery until I finish!

Good Luck with your book writing!!! From one writer to another

Thank you, and good luck to you too!

I still don't know how mine ends either. It's so misty.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
.Bucket.of.Joy.

If you want to find some kind of inspiration, just find what inspires you the most to everything else. Normally, things just come to me. I never really intended to write a book like I am trying to do. I just started typing something down. Soon, it became a story in my head.

That neat.
Have you ever noticed that the books never intended to be books are the best?
Like Twilight and stories about true events?
So, I think yours is going to be super interesting.

I always thought it would be interesting to write a story, where you can make your own characters, that look like what you want them to, and they can be and do anything. I guess I'll just see if something comes to me. I let you know if I have a sudden creative revelation, lol.

Your My Brand Of Heroin:

OH MY GOD! Me too.
I got to chapter two in one I was writing and I was like 'This is going nowhere. Nothing is happening.'
I stopped halfway through chapter three. haha.
I just couldn't get my thoughts into sentences. It just didn't work out for me. . .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:43 pm
I know what you mean--what would the world do without Mrs. Meyer?
I've gotten quite a few plots written out--mostly fantasy, one historical fiction--I plan on fleshing them out soon and I can't wait to do so! Ideas are literally pouring into my mind! Anyways, good luck with your book! Good luck to everybody here who's working on their own stories!

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:04 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Pubic Genital Lice
.Bucket.of.Joy.

That neat.
Have you ever noticed that the books never intended to be books are the best?
Like Twilight and stories about true events?
So, I think yours is going to be super interesting.

I always thought it would be interesting to write a story, where you can make your own characters, that look like what you want them to, and they can be and do anything. I guess I'll just see if something comes to me. I let you know if I have a sudden creative revelation, lol.

Your My Brand Of Heroin:

OH MY GOD! Me too.
I got to chapter two in one I was writing and I was like 'This is going nowhere. Nothing is happening.'
I stopped halfway through chapter three. haha.
I just couldn't get my thoughts into sentences. It just didn't work out for me. . .

I really never really noticed that at all. I mean, Twilight kind of came to Stephenie in a dream. She wanted to write it down. It became a book just because of a dream.

I hope you find something. :]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
I know what Stephenie was talking about when she gets lost in her own story. When she's always stuck in the world of her books. It makes total sense when you're trying to write a book yourself.

A few weeks ago I started to attempt to write a book. All I do is think about it. What will happen? How will that turn out? What's next? It's a mystery in my head. I am shocked what I put down.

Honestly, I couldn't have started with out every little advice Stephenie gives out for starting book writers. I try to write my book for myself. And try a lot of what Stephenie says. It really works. I thank her from the bottom of my heart. :]

[if you're interested, i put my first chapter is in my blog. it happens to be there so a friend could read it. i shouldn't have let them, but they're a huge help to me.]

It's kind of funny because I'm writing a book too, or more so a story at this point... but I put it on hold, and then when I started reading the twilight stories, and tuning in to what stephenie had to say on her website and what not her advice really did help and it got me going along once again!

I would love to read the first chapter of your book, but I don't see a blog on your gaia account, lol. I may be retarded...so I just added you on myspace, maybe you meant that blog?? I don't know =P

Jellycones

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 pm
Jellycones
Pubic Genital Lice

It's kind of funny because I'm writing a book too, or more so a story at this point... but I put it on hold, and then when I started reading the twilight stories, and tuning in to what stephenie had to say on her website and what not her advice really did help and it got me going along once again!

I would love to read the first chapter of your book, but I don't see a blog on your gaia account, lol. I may be retarded...so I just added you on myspace, maybe you meant that blog?? I don't know =P

My gaia blog. [it is also on my myspace.]
That was you? I was just like, "Random invite? Creepy."
I didn't add you. :[

Actually, since I've had it on my myspace, at least two of my friends have read it, my aunt, and some kid that I would've never thought to have read it. They all want more. I kind of feel like there's some kind of pressure because they all want me to finish the second chapter. xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Jellycones
Pubic Genital Lice

Actually, since I've had it on my myspace, at least two of my friends have read it, my aunt, and some kid that I would've never thought to have read it. They all want more. I kind of feel like there's some kind of pressure because they all want me to finish the second chapter. xD
I don't know if it's because I am not your friend on gaia, but it your blog doesn't show up for me on gaia. And, yes, that was me. I apologize! I should have put a note in when I added you =P.

Ah well that's kind of cool, actually. :] Just don't let the pressure get to you, because like you (and stephenie) said, you write for yourself, so take your time! :]

Jellycones

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:42 pm
Jellycones
Pubic Genital Lice
Jellycones
Pubic Genital Lice

I don't know if it's because I am not your friend on gaia, but it your blog doesn't show up for me on gaia. And, yes, that was me. I apologize! I should have put a note in when I added you =P.

Ah well that's kind of cool, actually. :] Just don't let the pressure get to you, because like you (and stephenie) said, you write for yourself, so take your time! :]

I'll add you on my gaia. :]

It's really cool actually, it's giving the confidence I wanted to keep writing. This way, I can write so much more than I even planned. I already see sequels. xD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm
This is a very good idea!! I started writing a book last month, and so far it's going nice. Good Luck With Your Book!!!!  

jat kat-sama

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:34 pm
its cool to hear other people are writing books because of stephenie. or just because. riight. im writing a book too, and i got my idea froma documentary i saw on jonestown (big cult thing). and im currentyl on chappie 12 of part two of it. right now it seems its never gonna ned ---' sweatdrop
anywho, i would love to read your story and edit it if you want. for some reason, i love to edit things.. adn other peoples books. razz so yeah.. id love to read it...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff