Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
How did you become a Twilight fan? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am
Lets hear your story of how you found the book and fell in love with it.

Was it just a random book you picked up in the library or do you have a more adventureous or humerous story to share?

me: really, my friends had to many Switzerland-twilight inside jokes and i felt really left out, with all their "TEAM EDWARD/JACOB" and me not understanding. So for my bday, my bff let me borrow her copy of twilight and after I finished it in 4 days, I was hooked to the series!
I'm a romance freak so I think that contributed to my liking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 am
Well ... im from in england so the books came out later in here compared to america so, there was a review in the Times book section and it said that Twilight out sold harry potter or something. So i decided to see what all the fuss was about, and here i am ... and i have read all four books many times and got my class also reading them, so they were all what they were cracked up to be.

George xxx  

Georgex1992

1,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:14 pm
My friends Katy and Dakota got me into it, and I'm very glad. It wasn't very popular at all when they introduced it to me, and I'm glad I started reading when it was just a small book series.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:17 pm
Few years ago, I had a friend named Sarah. She was friends, with my best friend. It was at lunch time where I found her having a hissy.....no, a temper tantram hitting the table, stomping her feet. Mad as hell. Down below on the table, she had a ripped up book of a white hand holding an apple, and I could barely make out the words "Twilight" on it.

I looked at her and understood why she was so mad. The book did have a really nice cover to it. But I know I can't judge a book by it's cover, and so I forgot about it for a while. It's probably not that good anyways.

After a few weeks, I went to barnes and noble to buy some new books for my personal library of 300 books. But as I wandered through every aisle, no books interest me. The last was the teen section. There was that same book I saw at school, "Twilight". There was only a few copies on the shelf.

I took the book and read the back summary of it, trying to know what it was about. Then I took a copy and bought it in less than a minute.
Before I even started the book, reading the back of the page drew me in....and as I started reading it, I was hooked.  

WineChan

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:20 pm
I was actually on gaia when I was talking to some else in another guild. They were talking about Twilight. I has asked what it was and they told me. It kind of sounded like a good plot. I wasn't much of book - still I am not - but I had to read this book.

I was at my cousin's house. She was cleaning out her backpack, and she pulled out Twilight. I was just like, "You have the book, I have been meaning to read it." She of course let me borrow all three books.

[yay for stories!]

And I've read all four books, and I still have no clue what the swizerland or what thing is. :[

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm
Actually a friend of mine from school had it and I didn't know why it was so popular so she lent it to me and I liked the book lol  

Mizuki_wolf

Jellycones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:18 pm
Pubic Genital Lice: You don't know what the Switzerland thing is? There's a chapter in one of the books... I believe it's Eclipse. Bella is frusterated over the whole Edward/Jacob fightingness and edward not allowing her to hang out with Jacob..so, she says she's switzerland because switzerland is a neutral country lol. So when people refer to themselves as "I'm switzerland" or "Team Switzerland" they're refering to themselves as neutral..like they're not going to choose sides. My take on is that I'm not Team Edward, or Team Jacob. Whoever Bella picks is who she picks.. (don't want to put any spoilers on here..haha).

Anyays...

I never really heard of the Twilight book, but I saw everybody reading Twilight. And one day I was talking to my really good friend Liz and saying how I really needed a good, semi long book to read for SSR. She said there was this really good vampire book she read called Twilight. I was like... ew! vampires? i'm a realist so i like my books to be on the realistic side as well... Weeks passed, I was on amazon.com reading the first chapters of books that were listed on there and I came across twilight again! After reading the first couple lines I was so drawn in I made my mom go buy me the book right away...and New Moon, too. Haha.

and there's my story =)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:36 pm
Hmm...my story isn't that special, but i'll tell it anyway.
Last year, we had a project for Language Arts.
A boy in my class had made a video for it. In the background, i saw a pile of three books. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I had heard about Twilight before, but now i wanted to read it.
I went on a hunt for it, and i finally found it one day in a borders book store.
I read the first one...
and I was hooked.
I made my mom buy me New Moon within a matter of Days.
Eclipse took me another week or two to get (that was the longest two weeks of my life)
I got it.
That's my story XDD
( i told you it wasn't special )  

vanny_jae

McFlyenstein1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 pm
I heard about Twilight in one of the guilds here on gaia called IRTIA which is a guild for people who love to read.
There was a section where you could recommend books to people and i was reading through it.
Twilight was mentioned alot, so i was checking out some of the other threads, and came across a thread devoted to just Twilight, so i started reading some of the posts, got hooked, and started talking to one of my friends.
She said that she had read the first 2 books at the time, and that they were awesome, and that i should read them if i liked vampires.
At the time, i was sort of wary, because when i was younger i was scared of vampires at one time because of my uncle.
I got really bored one day so she started telling me some of the plot, and that was it.
I asked for it for christmas which was like 2 weeks away, and on christmas morning, i received the box set of the first 3 books, and read all three in about 18 hours.
Now i am hooked sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm
About 3 years ago a friend of mine introduced me to it and I just got dragged into it ^_^  

La Beaute

Intangible Isolde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Well I originally vowed never to read any of the Twilight books because of all the negative feedback and also it annoyed me that people were so obsessed with them. But then my cousin started reading them and she told me how awesome the books are so I said WTH I will read the first book to see what all the fuss is about. Now I love the books! Other than Harry Potter, Twilight is one of the best YA books I have read.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:34 am
Here's mine: I was in my Speech class (giving speeches not learning to talk) and in the speech we gave in the beginning of the class I mentioned I liked vampire books (I held up a Charlaine Harris book which TrueBlood is based off of... I read those YEARS before they were even known about when the newest book was the third)... ANYway when I said that two of my friends in the class held up Twilight books (I think one held Twilight and the other New Moon) and they told me about them then I saw another friend at lunch reading Twilight and she let me read it at lunch and I was hooked! So I bought Twilight and when I was done with that I had to beg my mom to buy the next two (because they were so expensive) and then I went to the BD party and saw two of the three friends I mentioned that showed me Twilight (one from my class and one at lunch) and that's MY story... now my poor parents and my sister had not read any of the books in the series so when I CONSTANTLY talk about the book and the movie they get REEEAAALLYYY annoyed but oh well... Oh and I tried to convince my sister to read the LONG AGO but she didn't until a CUSTOMER at her JOB told her to! So in other words she takes suggestions from stranger but not her own sister! mad And then she has all my books (good thing she lives with me so I can get them back)) but she is on Breaking Dawn and I haven't even gotten Twilight back yet! evil

Also I was Team Switzerland and at the BD party at the bookstore there was a prize drawing for a free book but when I saw that there was no team Switzerland I got mad... also I told someone that Team Switzerland always wins and she pointed out Team Switzerland always looses as well... also the "Jacob" at the party had brown body paint, BIG sideburns (fake), and hair on the top of his hands (also fake) it was a bookstore selling the TWILIGHT SERIES!!! Didn’t they even READ them?!?!?  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 pm
I watched all my friends and everyone in my class get obbessed with them for years and then they started debating the books. I just sat there, confused, and listened to half of it. Then I was passing it one day in the bookstore and I laughed. I was in the middle of looking for another book to read and the first thing I thought of because it was everywhere was Twilight. So I grabbed the book and decided to read it as a joke. I got home and started reading the book. I read the entire thing that night. I reread it thirteen times and then my sister took the book away from me and said get a life. My whole read it as a joke thing worked backwards on me, I'm obbessed with the series now.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:17 pm
The only reason to why I read Twilight: Finding out Cedric Diggory was going to be in the film version.  

stareyed_in_LA

Chaotic Waffle Faerie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 pm
Well, Some girl got the most awsome teacher at my school hooked, who got my BFF Kleo hooked, who got Me hooked...we also got my friend Andrea hooked, and I got my friend Morgan hooked. Basically, we just all pass it along like a right of passage or something.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff