Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
Gaia Sells Out. Again. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 pm
Okay, so I come home from school today, and I get online and log onto Gaia, and see a new announcement. 'Ooh! What could this be? New Hairstyles? New Store Items? Guild Updates?' And I click on it, to see THIS title:

Announcement: Celebrity Snare: Snoop Dogg and The Incredible Hulk

My mind screeches to a halt. I re-read it several times. 'Snoop Dogg and The Incredible Hulk? WTF?' So I continue to read. It turns out Dr. Singh's brother, who by the way is a freeloader, a theif and possibly a con artist, breaks into Celebrities rich megalomaniac estates, steals stuff from them, and guess what he's doing with it? He's selling it to us. IN THE CASH SHOP. Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

The facts are this:

a) If Gaia were the real world, we would all be tried and possibly arrested for buying stolen goods.

b) These should not be in the Cash Shop in the first place:

Chicken and Waffles. Okay, there are so many levels of stupid to this being in the Cash Shop. I don't even have to say why this should be in the Normal Stores.

Hulk Gamma Soda. Hey! That looks familiar! It looks like the Water Bottle we got from the Olympics with a recoloring! Wow. That's REALLY worth some real money. rolleyes

Hulk Rage Emote. Okay, I'm seeing a trend here. We're not paying for the items. We're paying for the Name Brands. >_<

Gold Chains... This belongs in the Barton Jewlers. End of story.

Hulk Impact Crater... Well, frankly it looks like it belongs as one of the poses in the 'Super Powers' MC. Real Good, Gaia.

Tattered Purple Pants. For 50 Cash. I think we have something in the Gold Stores that's already very similar to this.

'SMASH!' okay. You pay 75 Cents to have 'SMASH!' written above your Avatar. >_< Because you can tell EVERYONE wants to do that.

The Snoop Dogg's Wig should be a Hairstyle. In MANY DIFFERENT COLORS. Not just Snoop's Hair Color.

Posse Figurines? Oh! I remember those! Yeah, I got some of those out of a Gumball machine at an Arcade for 25 Cents!

Boombox. I think I've seen petitions that include this item. We shouldn't have to pay a Dollar to get it. That is just irritating.

Hulk Fists that look like something Green and nasty mutated from your arms.

The hoodies should come in more colors than just gray, and I demand they make hoodies that Don't have 'SD' on the front in different colors for the cash Shop.

Hulk Action Figure! This little blob of Pixels that is just barely made to be the Hulk costs $1.50. Aka 150 Cash.

SNoop Dogg's Whores. Oh, sorry. I mean Girls. Pay 2.00 and you get two adoring fan girls who are wearing short skirts to allow easy access.

SD's Dobermans. Ooh! Finally! We get dogs that don't look like they belong on Azumanga Daioh! What's that? They're 300 Cash? Oh, then I'll just get them in the Marketplace. Oh, what's that your saying? The lowest buy price in the Marketplace is 45k? I guess I'll just forget it then.

c) Gaia, why do you feel the need to sell yourself out? I mean, if your going to do it, then at least sell yourself out to something Japanese. And if I hear anything about you making a partnership with 4-Kids, then I swear on my Inari's Beads, Alruna's Rose, and every other EI I have bought with my Dad's money that I am not ever buying anything else from the Cash Shop.

d) [/rant] [/walloftext]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:04 pm
I like the hoodie confused
and if this is how Gaia is going to get their money then heck, why not?  

Neiina

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:19 pm
It just bugs me. I understand that they need money to keep the site running, but the way their doing it bugs me. >< I'd much rather they stike up a deal with Funimation or an Anime Dubbing Company, so they could release items based on Different anime, tell us about things we'd like (Because when Gaia started, it was primarily a site about Anime and Video Games) and still get money to keep the site running.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:26 pm
I laughed when I saw this update 'cause it seem so random, the hulk and Snoop? confused But from what I am reading in the GCD the next group of celebrities are gonna be picked by the Gaian masses. That should be interesting.

Should everything have been put in the cash shop? Probably not but like everything on Gaia you can get it later on the marketplace.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:12 pm
I like some of the stuff...
But I feel like if they are going to drop so many items, why not put some in the regular shops...

I do love the introduction of a new NPC...
That's fun.
I think if Gaia really picks up the plot and throws this guy into the Timmy plot it would appease the masses a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:55 pm
I ******** hate the cash shop.
I agree with you on the terms of items in the cash a** shop that really should be in the normal gold shops.

And I also hate that in every single announcement lately, they include something about the cash shop or spending your American dollars on pixels. Three words sum up my post:

WHAT. THE. ********>  

LolCow Loves Cheeze

Neiina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:26 pm
XIII - Key of Destiny
It just bugs me. I understand that they need money to keep the site running, but the way their doing it bugs me. >< I'd much rather they stike up a deal with Funimation or an Anime Dubbing Company, so they could release items based on Different anime, tell us about things we'd like (Because when Gaia started, it was primarily a site about Anime and Video Games) and still get money to keep the site running.

I think that if they could do that they probably would. but I'm guessing that is either not enough or they can't do it.
you kinda forgot that when Gaia started it was just a small website with not that many people, it's a lot bigger now with a lot for features to accommodate the wishes of everyone.

compared to other games, you don't have to pay real money to have fun on here like other MMOs or game sites.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 pm
I wonder if this is going to replace the quest stuff? Buying the things instead of a reward for watching a trailer or whatever?  

Salmay
Captain

Bouton_dOr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 pm
I'm so over people complaining about gaia wanting to make money. Maybe if gaia made more money they could hire more employees to work on things like the battle system and manga gaia always cries about them putting off for CS items.

I love some of the Snoop Dogg items and glad to be able to have a piece of my favorite OG and my favorite restaurant in Hollywood(one of my favorites overall) represented on my avatar. I excited my avatar will represent my tastes and interests. If these aren't your tastes and interests(like The Hulk isn't mine) then maybe something in the future will be.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:39 pm
Salmay
I wonder if this is going to replace the quest stuff? Buying the things instead of a reward for watching a trailer or whatever?

I thought we did get free stuff? that weird collecting card or whatever?  

Neiina

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:26 pm
Neiina
Salmay

I thought we did get free stuff? that weird collecting card or whatever?

Collectors card is just a Band Aid on a bruise. Useless and cheap.
It's like "Collect 'em all!" ... and then what? Put them all on your profile? woohoo... stare

@ Salmay: God I hope not gonk Can you imagine paying RL cash for your Halloween and Christmas event items?

I don't usually whine, but these items could have totally gone in a gold store, they're not that great that they need to go in the CS /end cheese_whine XP  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:05 am
Back when the announcement about the Cash shop was made, I thought we were told that it would be for items better than gold stores but not as good as MCs. rolleyes Whatever happened to that?

First they make Sunset Couture and put it second on the list, then they rub salt in the wounds by putting sellout items in the cash shop. Faboo. neutral

Amy Obscurite

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:21 am
The basic fact is I dislike all the items and will never use them. Its kinda like the MTV hand bag in the cash shop very lame. I guess its like in RL some people will buy certain products because celbs have it. Thus it makes it cool. Im very anti brand name myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:39 pm
I like the boombox...  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:37 am
lilartichoke
I like the boombox...

I like the 'Hos er..."fangirls."  
Gaiaholics Anonymous