Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Have you ever... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vanny_jae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:05 pm
Have you ever freaked out or something when people were trying to imitate vampires/werewolves that aren't the twilight version?

Yesterday, my little sister had one of her friends staying over.
The girl had these plastic fangs. She put them in and started howling, saying "I'M A WEREWOLF".
For some reason, this made me have this weird feeling. And then, all of a sudden, i told her,
"WHAT DID JACOB BLACK DO TO YOU?!?!?!?"
she stopped and looked at me weird.
xDD

Has anyone else had that feeling? or is it just me?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:11 pm
I have a completely different view on "vampires" now, of course.

So, yes, when I see things about vampires that are totally different from the book I get a little irritated thinking, 'That's not what really happens'

Mrs Joe Trohman

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:51 pm
Just recently, I found an old picture of me dressed up as a vampire for Halloween in fourth grade. I wore this red velvet vamp gown with a pair of GIANT plastic vampire teeth. And the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was "what the heck was I thinking. I don't think vampires are supposed to look like that!"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm
Of course after reading Twilight my perspective is different.
Whenever I hear Garlic, Bats and Coffins related to the word Vampire,
I freak out and say "That is not right, everyone knows that's not true!"
Haha, I really wanna go out on halloween wearing
really nice clothes and make my skin pale and say I'm a vampire.
No one would understand. >__<

mrstodayy

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:58 pm
My perspective is definately different now that I have read Twilight.
When I hear garlic, bats, coffins..or anything that relates to societies version of Vampires, it doesn't phase me at all. Haha. Like.. to me, that's not what Vampires are anymore. They're just "normal" looking people, with venemous teeths...with no functioning organs, and glittery in the sun... or in other words, like the Cullens, and every other Vampire clan in the Twilight series!
Same with Werewolves though. Or "shapeshifters" I think they were referred to in Breaking Dawn...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 pm
Truthfully, it doesn't even phase me, if you've read Vampire Kisses, Alexander is a completely different type of vampyre. In Tantalize, Brad is a different type of vampyre, it's all based on the author's take of the myths. For all we know, vampyres may be exactly like Edward Cullen, or they may be like James from the Night World's Secret Vampire. There are just to many types of the vampyre to distinguish from, even Henry Fitzroy from Blood Ties, or Blood Price. They're all different.  

ObsessionIsSuchAnUglyWord

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:46 pm
-DanceHallDrugg
Of course after reading Twilight my perspective is different.
Whenever I hear Garlic, Bats and Coffins related to the word Vampire,
I freak out and say "That is not right, everyone knows that's not true!"
Haha, I really wanna go out on halloween wearing
really nice clothes and make my skin pale and say I'm a vampire.
No one would understand. >__<

that got me thinking that a reeeaaaly easy costume would be to put on a blue blouse and jeans and trip a lot (Bella) hahaha just don't drop the candy stash! I mean if Bella went trick-or-treating it's not like Edward would eat any so it would give you TWICE the loot if he went *sigh* the possibilities... heck if ALL of the "highschool" Cullens went think of ALL the candy Bella would get! twisted

oh and I agree that it depends on the author I myself write vampire stories where sun, garlic, crosses, holy water, etc. don't bother them.... they can go out in the sun without being harmed or sparkiling *sigh* I wish I had that idea first but now it would be stealing *sigh*.. oh and they can eat but the food is disolved instantly with no wast and if they ate a LOOOOOT they would not need blood for a short time but I am talking 3+ buffet meals here (the ENTIRE buffet)... they can't shapeshift... they CAN feed off of animals or BAGGED blood... or... well... the "old fashioned way"... they are "living dead" to put it in a way that always sounded icky to me *shudder* but SMs are like that too *shudder*... they have fangs and can control minds and once they are in control of themselves they don't have to kill... but anyway back to the point I don't feel the need to correct people to my opinion because I know there are LOTS of views so I guess it depends on the person both on the stating and recieving end oh and I realise as I type this it may "sound" haughty I DON'T mean it to be that way so if you think that I am "saying" this haughtily I'm not I just talk this way (very wordily) all the time redface it's a bad habit sweatdrop ... but yes I can see your point too biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm
Vampric__Taint
Truthfully, it doesn't even phase me, if you've read Vampire Kisses, Alexander is a completely different type of vampyre. In Tantalize, Brad is a different type of vampyre, it's all based on the author's take of the myths. For all we know, vampyres may be exactly like Edward Cullen, or they may be like James from the Night World's Secret Vampire. There are just to many types of the vampyre to distinguish from, even Henry Fitzroy from Blood Ties, or Blood Price. They're all different.

Well, twilight is the only vampire novel i have read, but i can see your point of why it wouldn't bother you 3nodding  

vanny_jae

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:33 pm
YES!

I watched Interview with a Vampire on sunday, and everything was different! The vampires could bleed and cry (they bled blood and cried tears), and they were cut in half by sickles (puh-leeze, we all know vampires are indestructible!) and they slept in coffins (as if vampires could sleep) and they were burned by the sun (where did all my beautiful glitteries go?). I spent the whole time thinking of all the things 'they were doing wrong' (truthfully, they weren't doing anything wrong. That movie came out like 1O years before the Twilight universe existed. And that is how vampires are supposed to be (I guess, it was based on Anne Rice's book), but it was definatly wrong in my mind).

Yeah, now thanks to Stephenie I cannot truly enjoy any other vampire movie or book or whatever (except the Twilight movie. I'm still pretty excited for that one).
But that's okay. I never really liked original vampires in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:44 pm
i hate that all vampires should be like my edward MY EDWARD

heart EDWARD heart  

MeowJohanson

Intangible Isolde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:51 pm
Before I read Twilight I read the Vampire Chronicles by Anna Rice, so I thought Stephanie screwed up Vampires. I like Anna Rice’s version better, but either way its cool with me… But I do think the Halloween vampires are stupid lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:56 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
YES!

I watched Interview with a Vampire on sunday, and everything was different! The vampires could bleed and cry (they bled blood and cried tears), and they were cut in half by sickles (puh-leeze, we all know vampires are indestructible!) and they slept in coffins (as if vampires could sleep) and they were burned by the sun (where did all my beautiful glitteries go?). I spent the whole time thinking of all the things 'they were doing wrong' (truthfully, they weren't doing anything wrong. That movie came out like 1O years before the Twilight universe existed. And that is how vampires are supposed to be (I guess, it was based on Anne Rice's book), but it was definatly wrong in my mind).

Yeah, now thanks to Stephenie I cannot truly enjoy any other vampire movie or book or whatever (except the Twilight movie. I'm still pretty excited for that one).

The movie Interview with a Vampire is completely different from the books (the books are wonderful!). It all makes a lot more sense when you read it.
I understand what you mean though… If I had read Twilight before I read Interview with the vampire I would probably feel the same way as you.  

Intangible Isolde

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:01 pm
Just a Girl Interrupted
.Bucket.of.Joy.
YES!

The movie Interview with a Vampire is completely different from the books (the books are wonderful!). It all makes a lot more sense when you read it.
I understand what you mean though… If I had read Twilight before I read Interview with the vampire I would probably feel the same way as you.

actualy I felt the storyline was much closer to the book than any other movie I've seen based on a book. plus it has Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas! heart but yeah I thought that the STORY part had very few deviations where as the special effects and stuff are what made it less like the book... by the way I only liked the movie BECAUSE it was so close to the book because I hate Anne Rice... execpt for The Vampire Armand but even that book is only good for the very middle and then it stinks in my opinion... but the movie Queen of the Damned (the movie) was SOOO off the book that the only thing actualy tying it to the book was the title! Armand was wearing a clown wig! crying And in the movie as soon as Lestat (the character is supposed to be FRENCH) was turned by the WRONG PERSON he got a reeeaaaly bad TRANSYLVANIAN accent I was like "what the heck!?!?" oh and I reeeeeaaallly hope Twilight is closer to the book than even Interview with a Vampire was or at least in my opinion it was... but yeah part of the reason I hate Anne Rice is because her vampires are sooo stereotypical it isn't funny rolleyes I am glad for Stephenie Meyer's vampires because they ARE different to an almost extreme degree it is very refreshing!!! Oh and I read Anne Rice first but I still like SM better so GO SM!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
Just a Girl Interrupted
.Bucket.of.Joy.
YES!

actualy I felt the storyline was much closer to the book than any other movie I've seen based on a book. plus it has Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas! heart but yeah I thought that the STORY part had very few deviations where as the special effects and stuff are what made it less like the book... by the way I only liked the movie BECAUSE it was so close to the book because I hate Anne Rice... execpt for The Vampire Armand but even that book is only good for the very middle and then it stinks in my opinion... but the movie Queen of the Damned (the movie) was SOOO off the book that the only thing actualy tying it to the book was the title! Armand was wearing a clown wig! crying And in the movie as soon as Lestat (the character is supposed to be FRENCH) was turned by the WRONG PERSON he got a reeeaaaly bad TRANSYLVANIAN accent I was like "what the heck!?!?" oh and I reeeeeaaallly hope Twilight is closer to the book than even Interview with a Vampire was or at least in my opinion it was... but yeah part of the reason I hate Anne Rice is because her vampires are sooo stereotypical it isn't funny rolleyes I am glad for Stephenie Meyer's vampires because they ARE different to an almost extreme degree it is very refreshing!!! Oh and I read Anne Rice first but I still like SM better so GO SM!!!

This is true… the movie was pretty close to the book compared to other movies relating to books (like Harry Potter). Still…I always feel people lose out on so much when they only watch the movie and base their opinion on the movie rather than the book.

I like Anna Rice’s Vampires not because they are stereotypical but because they are more like the original myths of Vampires. Anna’s Vampires are more antique.
I am not haten on SM though, I like her vampires too because they are more original. biggrin

I am glade I have never seen the movie Queen of the Damned, it would probably make me mad to see how bad they screw it up. gonk

I too totally hope the movie Twilight is closer to the book, but so far from the previews it seems they have tweaked a few things. I hope they don’t screw up on anything major!  

Intangible Isolde

YukiSaori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:02 pm
Haha, Yesh I done that before xD  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items