Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Lord of the West House wandered the borders of his lands, letting himself get to know every stone and stick within them. There was really little else for him to do, as there were few members in their House. It didn't bother him too much, but he knew that Mio was lonely. Bah, lonely! She had him, and that was all she needed. Still, she seemed to worm each of these new members in without even asking him. He'd have to talk to her about that later. They needed a strong house, and just letting anyone in wouldn't do that.

Today he had heard word from ahead that Dié was bringing a couple. Mio's little friends seemed to be the one's sneaking them in, and he was sure to intercept this pair before Mio got to them. He had to see them for himself.

--

Akasha couldn't believe that the maned wolf that had guided them this far disappeared. It was stupid to show them through this far only to leave just at the moment that they were supposed to meet this Lord or Lady. Snorting, she made sure that Izimbali stayed close. She had her suspicions about the area that only strengthened with the pressure to meet the leaders of this land.

"Stay close," she said to him, her blue eyes darting around. Someone was nearby.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:18 pm
"Okay, mom..." He said softly in response, lowering his body a bit as if 'sneaking' along beside his mother would somehow help his chances of not being spotted by whatever it was that she seemed to think was out there. He wasn't afraid though... Not really, at least. His mother was a pretty tough lady and he? Well, he was a pretty tough cub... Deep down... Maybe.

After a moment he realized that 'sneaking' probably wasn't the best way to go about ending an adventure. This was what he'd wanted after all. He had insisted on it. Taking a deep breath he straightened himself out, holding his head as high as he could while still keeping an eye on his paws to make sure he didn't stumble over them.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:10 pm
Ah! There. So she had brought in a pair. Grumbling, and not happy at all to see strangers wandering around without a guide on his own land, the lion let out a large growl as he slowly made his way into view for the pair. His mane cascaded down his shoulders as her lowered his front half protectively, his braid dangling against the ground with his snarl not leaving his face.

"Trespassers are not delt kindly with here. Leave!" He snarled out his last words as orders, intent that the pair of them should leave. If not, well, he wouldn't be liable for whatever injury happened to them. He was tired of Mio doing everything behind his back. Feh!

---

Akasha's insticts went onto high alert as she heard the snarl. She kept Izimbali underneath her as she stepped over him protectively, guarding him with her own body. She returned the growl with one of her own, the fur along her back standing up as she met the strange lion eye to eye. She was not going to take any chances.

"We are far from that!" She yelled in return, her ears pinning themselves against her skull. "We were led here by the maned wolf Dié, and I will not stand for us being attacked where we were brought." She kept her defenses up, trying to keep her attention on the male as well as her son. If he wandered just an inch from her, she didn't know if she would be able to keep him safe from this threat that stood before them. Akasha was a fighter, but she wasn't used to fighting against male lions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:20 pm
For a brief moment he wondered if maybe, just maybe, he should have actually taken a bite out of Dié when he'd 'pounced' her and, if he had, whether or not that would have changed their current situation. That moment passed and he found himself shrinking back beneath his mother, bright blue eyes staring up at the large lion. "Wow..." Somewhere deep down he knew that he should probably be frightened. At the moment that fear was replaced with awe and one nagging question: Will I be that big when I grow up?  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:19 pm
Zahi, frusterated, let his claws rake the ground as he vented out his anger. "Dié!" It made everything add in together. So these indeed were the two that she had led into the lands, with out his permission. Perhaps the Lady of the House had given permission, but the Lord had not even been asked! Discipline was certainly going to be coming within the day. He was tired of this.

Grumbling, the lion reasessed himself, drawing himself up. His guard was still up, but he would survey the two of them with a little more mild eye. "I see that she'd led more strangers into my lands." He was not pleased.

---

Akasha kept her own guard up, nudging her son to shift to her side just beside her. She wanted to make sure that they would be safe, and have an escape plan if they needed to run.

"Yes, Dié. It seems like she misled us here," the lioness growled. "No mention of a lion being her Lord, though I should have guessed." This was not a good situation to be in right now. Akasha had come to like what she had seen, but his sudden rush of defense had thrown her off. She'd see what a little bit of speaking would do to calm that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:34 pm
That awe faded as he was nudged to the side, his nose wrinkling at the angry look on the large lions face. Was everyone from around here just as grumpy as Dié had been at first? If that was the case he didn't want to stay here. Not. One. Bit.

He leaned over, nudging his mother's leg. "We don't need to stay here, Mom. Not if they're going to be mean." He huffed, brow furrowing a bit as he glanced back at the older, larger male, trying to take a determined stance of his own. "We wouldn't be strangers if you'd ask us what our names were."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:12 am
Though still quite angry, as he could feel the fury underneath his skin, he kept his cool. His eyes betrayed how he felt, but his body was slowly starting to relax. Mio would give him an earful if he did anything against them without consulting her first. Blasted woman.

He knew that he couldn't really even force them to leave, short of death. And he had promised that he wouldn't kill anyone ever again. Troubling times, these were, but they did in the end give him the power he wanted. Internal conflict made his response to the young male lag, and he lashed his tail in frustration before clearing his throat.

"You are in the West House's lands in the Tianxia pride. I'm known as Xiongwei, the Lord." If that wasn't apparent enough.

"Even though Dié worked against my wishes, that does not mean I should..." he paused, hating having to say these words, "apologize. A misunderstanding.

----

Kashi raised her brow at him, not quite sure whether to snort or laugh. It all seemed like some sort of joke, but the facts were there. It was certainly true. Dié had called this place the same thing he did, and she was certainly not here to keep the ruse up.

Her thoughts were pulled away from her with the actions of her son. Okay, she would admit it, she really wanted to laugh at him. He was finally starting to grow, exposing quite a strong heart underneath that cubbish exterior. With a swell of pride, her eyes remained defiant.

"Akasha is my name," she added on, hoping the tension in the air would dissipate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:50 pm
He let his mother react to the older, larger lion's words before offering him his own name following hers. "Izimbali is mine." He nodded slowly, trying to mimic the strong tone that his mother had spoken in with his own voice, resisting the urge to add on that his mother called him 'Mbali' for short or that he was very pleased to meet the elder male (partially because he wasn't all that certain it was a pleasure yet). He also resisted the urge to attack the other with a barrage of questions, figuring it might be smart to let his mother do the questioning for now.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:58 pm
Zahi's muscles slowly began to ease. Names meant a little to him; they proved that they were willing to let themselves known to him for as long as he remembered their names. It was a powerful thing, and something that he had used against many enemies in the past. Feeling like he had grown the upper hand, he was ready to dismiss them away from here. They could always go to one of the other houses; he wasn't willing for strangers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mio had overheard the conversation as she was taking her daily walk, and decided to investigate. If she guessed right, it was the sound of strangers and her mate; never a good combination.

Her stomache dropped as she approached, as she had been correct.

"Zahi," she snorted, still using his outside name. It felt more personal between the two of them. "What are you doing?" A trace of venom raced through her words as she shot him a glare. "Even if you are Lord, you need to show some respect. Just think of what Empress Afu would do if she knew you were being so harsh! She could probably hear you from here with how loud you are."

She turned her attention to the strangers, offering a bow. The trinkets that decorated her slipped a bit as she bowed, but soom settled back into place as she raised up again. "Welcome. I'm known as Ren, and I share these lands with my brute of a mate," she said, shooting a warning glance at the male, who obviously was not pleased at being found out.

----

Akasha stepped back as she heard the rustling of leaves within the jungle, her first thoughts on protecting her son. She hadn't anticipated another joining them, but seeing as it was a slim, petite female she relaxed. Her eyes watched them cautiously as they argued (or well, she lectured). They quickly softened into humor, seeing how the small lioness dominated over the large male with just words. Akasha wasn't usually quick to judge, but she liked this female.

"Akasha," she repeated, not sure if the lioness had heard them earlier. "We were guided here, and told that this would become a home if we wished."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 pm
His wide, blue gaze became more childlike at the appearance of the lioness, awed by her adornments just as much as he was her soft appearance. It was the knowledge that the large lion was still nearby that snapped him out of his little daze, causing him to mimic the lioness's movements as he tried to return her bow without falling on his nose. He couldn't be tough and stand proud beside his mother if he was still going to be clumsy...

"Izimbali." He repeated not long after his mother had finished speaking, ears going flat for a moment as he stepped back, still struck by how pretty she was. Not the same kind of pretty that his mother was, but still pretty.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 pm
Knowing that he had lost the chance to dismiss the newcombers, he swallowed his pride. He knew that Mio would talk him into anything that she wanted, as she had quite a hold on him that he couldn't explain. The captive taking the captor was something he had never expected when he had stolen her all those moons ago.

He lowered his head again, a bit slower this time. "My mate, indeed," he said with a grumble.

Mio smiled warmly and the youngster, pleased to see him. She always had a soft spot for children. "Why, hello Izimbali! It's certainly a pleasure." Excitement filled her heart. If they stayed, they would have a child here! And while he wasn't exactly very young, it would be a breathe of fresh air to have a younger member in their House.

"How can I help the two of you?" She was eager to get down to business.

Zahi cleared his throat, answering for the two of them. "They were bright here by Dié. She had told them that this would be a good place for them to....stay." He still wasn't comfortable with the idea, but if he could dump them on Mio, he would be content with the idea. Not thrilled, but at least it wouldn't be his problem anymore. Besides, it would give her more to do than chase him around and bug him constantly. Though he cared for her, he still liked his time be himself.

----

The lioness nodded her head, her black hair shifting into her eyes. She felt like the air around the lioness really proved who the two of them where, and she was slowly starting to offer the respect that the male had demanded in the beginning. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

"What he says is the truth," she stated, raising her eyes to the female's. "We sort of have a home to return to, but it seems that this would be more desired, especially for my son."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:54 pm
"I kind of pounced on her." He said sheepishly, glancing up at the lioness while keeping his head down. "She was really grumpy about that but then my mom came and..." He lifted his head, looking around for a moment. "This place is really neat. Is everyone here as strong as hi-- Xiongwei..." He said the name slowly, trying to make sure he pronounced it right. "... Or as pretty as you?"  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:05 pm
Zahi felt a mixed surge of pride and jealousy. No way was this kid hitting on his mate. He shot a warning glare at the black and pink boy, but assumed that he'd miss it, as he quickly turned his attention back to Mio. His eyes wandered around him until they landed on the boy's mother. She seemed strong, if a little too head strong about her own ideals. He let his mind tick away about where he could put her in their ranks if she turned out well enough. If she was too defiant, though, he'd have to just let Mio have her. He couldn't be the only protector of the pride, though, and it was going to get strained once their numbers grew, moreso than what they were out now.

Mio laughed lightly, flushing slightly at that. She never would have considered herself pretty; there were many others that fit that title better than her! But it was still a pleasure to recieve such a compliment. "Thank you, Izimbali," she giggled. "And I'm not sure, we're actually very small; I'm sure you'll grow up to be just as strong as Zahi, though." She tagged on his outsider name for the heck of it, probably confusing the child. There were many things to clear up if they wanted to live with them, but she had to show off their primary home at least!

----

Akasha felt the eyes of the male judging her. She felt a surge of defiance, but kept herself under control. She was more pleased with how well Izimbali was doing with the newcomers. Maybe this would be the best home for them, especially with how excited he continued to be. She was indifferent on where they lived, but if he wanted it, she would grant his wish.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:18 pm
"You don't have to thank me. It's a good thing to tell the truth, right?" He smiled brightly, tail giving a little tick behind him as he straightened himself out at the lioness's comment. Of course he'd grow up to be big and strong. That was one of the things he wanted, after all; to be strong and to make his mother proud.

"I'd be happy to be as strong as my mom." He nodded slowly, casting his mother a glance before looking at the other lioness, completely missing the glare from the large lion beside her.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:36 pm
Zahi nudged his mate before slipping off into the jungle where Mio had come from. He had given her the hint, and he would talk with her later about everything. For now, he intended to make sure that their path was safe before they returned to the heart of their lands; their 'Palace'.

Mio nodded at Zahi as he left, turning to smile brightly at the pair. Excitement was filling her chest again, and it was obvious to notice. "Well, before we really talk about more, I'm sure you would be pleased to see what our lands have to offer. Xiongwei has gone on ahead of us to make sure that the path is clear. Would you like to see where we live? We call it the Palace, as it's where we all live unless duty calls us away."

----

Kashi watched the male slip off, wondering just what he was up to. The lioness cleared it all up simply, though, and she nodded. "That would be most greatful. I'm slowly warming up to the place," she said, though she meant that more to Ren than anything. "And it would be good for little Mbali to check out where his home will be."

She made it sound pretty final.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces