Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Islam and Rape Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:14 pm
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

Is there a punishment for rape in Islam?

If so, what is it, and what Qu'ranic verse is it?

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:43 pm

And is it really justified for Muslim men to rape non-Muslim women, because we don't cover up like Muslim females?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:58 am
Ratri_Cat

And is it really justified for Muslim men to rape non-Muslim women, because we don't cover up like Muslim females?

Oh goodness, I hope not. That's terrifying.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:20 am
Ratri_Cat

NOT AT ALL scream  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:00 am
there aint no such thing as that being justified in islam!!!

well rape is under adultery and it is worst than that  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:31 pm
Ratri_Cat

It's not justified to Rape at all under any circumstances, Because this physically harms another without A Just Reason. The article you posted points that it's a woman's responsibility to cover up did it not? I agree that females who don't cover up have a much higher chance of getting raped than females wearing hijabs. Muslims are supposed to have self restraint of desires and the like, not head right into rape, A "Muslim" raping anyone seems to be rare unless the community doesn't act Islamic at all, Oh lookie I just pointed to most of the "Muslim" Countries we have that have crime, Poverty, and no true muslims except for a rare few.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:47 pm
Haydar the Truthful

It's not justified to Rape at all under any circumstances, Because this physically harms another without A Just Reason. The article you posted points that it's a woman's responsibility to cover up did it not? I agree that females who don't cover up have a much higher chance of getting raped than females wearing hijabs.

The Muslim guy said that, not the writer of the article. Studies have shown that rape is a DOMINANCE thing, not a lust.
It doesn't matter if you're wearing a hijab or not. Myths about rape
And if that's the case, then Muslim women shouldn't be on the rape list...

Haydar the Truthful

Muslims are supposed to have self restraint of desires and the like, not head right into rape, A "Muslim" raping anyone seems to be rare unless the community doesn't act Islamic at all, Oh lookie I just pointed to most of the "Muslim" Countries we have that have crime, Poverty, and no true muslims except for a rare few.
So places like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and many other countries in the middle east would fit that. You have that same old Middle-Ages concept with much of the country's wealth in a few people's hands. Most of the time when you get that country's statistics, you get a much lower rate of rape than when a third party comes in and surveys.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:26 pm
Ratri_Cat

The Muslim guy said that, not the writer of the article. Studies have shown that rape is a DOMINANCE thing, not a lust.

Excuse me for not reading the entire second link you provided, Seems like a really long article, And I actually have to be going anyway so I don't have time for it. The Qur'an already condemns Rape so any Country that has Muslims raping others and making it "Just" are obviously just forging lies against their own religion. Much like Bin Ladin and his followers or Saudi Arabia in how they oppress persons either publicly or in private.

Ratri_Cat
So places like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and many other countries in the middle east would fit that. You have that same old Middle-Ages concept with much of the country's wealth in a few people's hands. Most of the time when you get that country's statistics, you get a much lower rate of rape than when a third party comes in and surveys.

Well as far as I know, Rape is a pretty big issue here in the U.S as well, And yes I'm sticking by the idea that the Government shows the rest of the world how that country is, While that may not be how the people are.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:45 pm
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat

Excuse me for not reading the entire second link you provided, Seems like a really long article, And I actually have to be going anyway so I don't have time for it. The Qur'an already condemns Rape so any Country that has Muslims raping others and making it "Just" are obviously just forging lies against their own religion. Much like Bin Ladin and his followers or Saudi Arabia in how they oppress persons either publicly or in private.

Ratri_Cat

Well as far as I know, Rape is a pretty big issue here in the U.S as well, And yes I'm sticking by the idea that the Government shows the rest of the world how that country is, While that may not be how the people are.

My point was that no matter how clothed you are (or lack thereof) you can be raped. Rape is about dominance, not about lust.

I know. I can speak for it personally.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:47 am
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat

Ratri_Cat

My point was that no matter how clothed you are (or lack thereof) you can be raped. Rape is about dominance, not about lust.
I know. I can speak for it personally.

its is LUST the lust of your own self that you rape other not her lust of you being raped...

here by you i do not mean literary your! XD  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 am
tassan

its is LUST the lust of your own self that you rape other not her lust of you being raped...

No, tassan, it's been proven again that rape is done out of dominance. Not out of lust for the other.

And I am living proof of that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 am
Ratri_Cat
tassan

No, tassan, it's been proven again that rape is done out of dominance. Not out of lust for the other.

its LUST the lust of your own self that you rape other not her lust of her being raped...

rolleyes sweatdrop sorry  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 am
tassan
Ratri_Cat
tassan

its LUST the lust of your own self that you rape other not her lust of her being raped...

rolleyes sweatdrop sorry
why can't you just say it's a power rush and it's a dominance thing? it's a lot easier to say. and clearer. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 pm
Ratri_Cat
tassan

So by living proof you mean you've been raped before?

Anyway even if it was for dominance, Lust is still a major factor to do it in the first place.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm
Haydar the Truthful

So by living proof you mean you've been raped before?

Yes. I was raped by a Muslim man.

Haydar the Truthful

Anyway even if it was for dominance, Lust is still a major factor to do it in the first place.

No it isn't.

It doesn't matter whether the victim is female, male, young, or older. It doesn't matter the racial background, it doesn't matter the religion. LUST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAPE.

I demand that you provide adequate proof that lust is a major part of rape.

Studies have shown again and again it is PURELY DOMINANCE.

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff