Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Halloween costumes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silvermoonfall

Moonlight Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:58 pm
So who's making their own Halloween costumes this year? Care to share pics?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm
I have no photos, but I'm going to be Alice in Wonderland this year and am almost complete with my costume. The shoulders need some adjusting and the apron needs finishing. Then I'm done!  

Catcheen
Crew

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:09 pm
Mine is going to be doubed (probably) with my Phantom of the Opera outfit... I'm going to go in classic gothic lolita, so i'll probably just wear that for halloween too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:12 am
I am making a female Jack Skellington. I have the skirt and the leggings done. I have to find a pattern for the jacket.

Pics so far  

SailorJuggaLokoLette

2,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100

Silvermoonfall

Moonlight Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:32 am
All sound like awesome ideas so far!

I can't wait to see the finished product, Loko!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:53 am
Regretfully I'm too old to go out myself, and I have nobody to sew for.
I am working on a skeleton doll though, for decoration. And maybe a wraith to hang outside.  

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:03 pm
I'm not going to make anything for myself, but this year, I'm making my son's costume. He's going to be Link! His middle name is Link, so it's only fitting. I plan on having tons of pictures up when it's completed! I'm starting on it Thursday or Friday. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 pm
loves_funeral_song
I'm not going to make anything for myself, but this year, I'm making my son's costume. He's going to be Link! His middle name is Link, so it's only fitting. I plan on having tons of pictures up when it's completed! I'm starting on it Thursday or Friday. xd

How old is he?  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silvermoonfall

Moonlight Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:16 pm
CORNSiLKDreamer
I am working on a skeleton doll though, for decoration. And maybe a wraith to hang outside.

I'm too old to go out myself, I just usually end up handing out candy at a friend's house, lol. The skeleton doll and wraith sound awesome, though!

loves_funeral_song

That's just awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures!

I won't be completely making my costume this year, but thrifting and altering what I find and then making the rest seems to fit better into my budget this year.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:56 pm
I reaaaally want to dress up, and have a party to dress up for that day. I'm too old for the candy part, but never too old for the College version -"dress-like-a-retard-and-party". xd Well, I just love to dress up.

But I have no machine here to sew with. sad So I might hit up Value Village and just see how cheap I can throw things together for. I was thinking of being Mini Vanilli (that cheese-tacular 90s pop due that got caught lip syncin' in the worst of ways). Complete with shoulder padded bold colour jackets, leggings, and a mini stereo to blare the lip sync'd tunes. xd

Not sure if I will though, I do like having pretty costumes too so I guess I'll see closer to the date. confused  

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Silvermoonfall

Moonlight Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:34 am
Isabelle
But I have no machine here to sew with. sad So I might hit up Value Village and just see how cheap I can throw things together for. I was thinking of being Mini Vanilli (that cheese-tacular 90s pop due that got caught lip syncin' in the worst of ways). Complete with shoulder padded bold colour jackets, leggings, and a mini stereo to blare the lip sync'd tunes. xd

Ha! That's funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:23 am
Rulin' ya universes...
I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards the queen of hearts, though a redesigned version - I've got most of the pieces that I want to use. I need to buy some red fishnet stockings, though, and I'd need to make a crown, scepter and capelet smile
...since 1992.

User_2629207

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:03 pm
kochi~mochi
loves_funeral_song

How old is he?

He'll be 20 months on the 20th. He hates wearing hats, and his costume calls for one. That oughta be fun, LOL.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:05 pm
Silvermoonfall
CORNSiLKDreamer

I'm too old to go out myself, I just usually end up handing out candy at a friend's house, lol. The skeleton doll and wraith sound awesome, though!

loves_funeral_song

That's just awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures!

I won't be completely making my costume this year, but thrifting and altering what I find and then making the rest seems to fit better into my budget this year.

Yeah, I might just go to Goodwill and buy a cheap formal dress or something, and some fairy wings. I wanted to be a belly dancer, but I don't have the time or money to put anything like that together this year.  

loves_funeral_song

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:23 am
loves_funeral_song
kochi~mochi
loves_funeral_song

How old is he?

He'll be 20 months on the 20th. He hates wearing hats, and his costume calls for one. That oughta be fun, LOL.
Fun times.... Of course with such a small cutie, nobody's gonna care if he's not wearing a hat.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff