Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
New DSi Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 am
http://gizmodo.com/5057873/nintendo-dsi-boosts-screen-size-adds-camera-and-audio-player

Worth the $200?

I don't think I'll be buying it. Especially since it does not support GB games.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 am
Well... if they have some good games for the DSi shop, it may be worth the buy, but it would be wise to wait and see what happens... then again, I may just succumb to my gaming habits and get it at launch. :XP:  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:43 pm
Sounds too good to be true. Hmm... but 2 DS's is more than 1.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:44 pm
I like the bigger screens, SD card slot, and the camera. But taking out the GBA slot?!? I hate that! It's been my dream to play Sonic Advance 3 while listening to Foo Fighters on my DS without turning the radio. I hope the DSI crashes and burns.  

osujunkie

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:20 pm
The new stuff on it looks cool, but without any GBA support, it isn't worth $200. When the price drops to about $150, then maybe I'll buy it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:05 pm
I probably will NEVER get it. I mean, what am I supposed to do with all my GBA games. Also, for Pokemon reasons, I won't be able to migrate.  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:21 pm
Perhaps I won't need to go shop for the R4 or whatever it is called now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 pm
Well, you could still, as it would carry multiple games in one chip. But steering clear of that topic...  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:10 am
Are they going to make DSi games now? Otherwise how would dual touch screens do anything?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 pm
nitnit
Are they going to make DSi games now? Otherwise how would dual touch screens do anything?

Just for the heck of adding effects. It would make it sell easier if they made it sound better than the original...  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Visp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:24 am
eek Oh my! i think i pooped myself...and if i had a DSi i could take a picture of it >..< this thing looks sweet. Im glad for the bigger screen an now a camera. Sucks u can't play GBA BUUUUTT i mean i have a ds and a gameboy advance so i can just use that.

Someone made a good point that you can't migrate any pokemon....so in the future are they going to have a pokemon game for the dsi??? because it would kinda piss people off.

200$ is pricy..i wish it was 150$...still doesn't change the fact that id probably get it

GO HAND HELDS heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 am
It's the same gaming technology, so they'd not make any "DSi exclusives" although they could be able to add in DLC for games. Like a patch for D/P so they can trade and battle against the new forms from Platinum.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm
But the good thing is the cam. Now it's one less thing to carry around...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:51 am
0.3 megapixels on a camera is pretty weak, even compared to a cellphone camera. Still, the SD card slot is nice, since it actually gives you a place to store all of the DSWare you download (if any), and a free web browser is never bad. Larger screens can never hurt, too. The one thing I really want to know about the DSi is if it is compatible with WPA-encrypted wireless networks. If it is, then that's a huge bonus for people who use WPA (like me). However, if they don't use the same charging cord as the DS Lite, I'll be pissed, since I already have to use 2 different kinds of charging cords for my Nintendo electronics.

Of course, I'll probably hold out on the DSi because I already have enough DSes to last me a lifetime. It sure would be great to receive one as a gift, though.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:12 pm
The thing is, it's just another DS. That's the problem...  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff