Fawk thaaaat item update Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:02 pm
Wtf.
They make an item update for halloween... actual gold items this time. I think hey, the items are pretty cool. BUT! They go and make all the items WAYY too expensive. Like 20x the price they should be. *coughDuremDepotitemscough* So... what does this tell the common user?

"Well... I don't have 983276756493862309 gold so I'll go buy me some GAIA CASH CARDS and buy the store items with GAIA CASH."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:03 pm
Well you could look at it this way. They are store items. The price will never change, they will always be available. You can save up at your leisure. Plus most of this stuff isn't all pumpkins and ghosts. People will be wearing it all year long.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 pm
Yeah but why waste 20k of a dress you may never wear until next Halloween, and probably sell before then?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:31 pm
Uh... most of the stuff in the update is around 5-11k, only the DD stuff is on the expensive side and some of the witch hats. Prices really aren't any worse than the Elegant sets, which are around 50k a piece confused

I understand your frustration, but at this point, we should be happy they're even giving us a gold shop update for Halloween. Some of those items they could have just stuck in the CS, really screwing over the people who don't have access to Gaia Cash. MP probably would have been double.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Beruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:07 pm
I love my outfit! I don't think it's that Halloweeny. Maybe the hat, but not much.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 pm
dear god, we actually get something and you can still complain about it?
they are expensive because they are good items.

EDIT: well, that's just great, they're less than 1k now stare  

Neiina

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm
What is less than 1K?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:40 pm
oops! sorry XD I think I was trying to reply to the overseer loot thread and accidentally edited this one razz

I got the Titan's Legacy from the Overseer but then realized that the EI is less than 1k in the MP sad  

Neiina

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 pm
Good job, just go and get our hopes up and stuff stare j/k

I'm hoping the Seed jumps in price after the first evolution.... not counting on it too much though since there are a ton of them out there now confused  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 pm
darn sorry XD I hope I didn't give anyone a heart attack ahahaha
I doubt the prices will go up that much, especially when a ton are being given out :/

I kinda wish it was still expensive, maybe I can bring myself to spend it on the new store items.
you know, I was thinking about what Organic said. it's our choice to use real money to buy the virtual stuff. people who do have money but not a lot of time would complain and say that it's not fair because they spend real money and isn't allowed to get what they want. Gaia is giving us the option here to use virtual gold instead of real cash so there is nothing to complain about here.  

Neiina

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:30 pm
We'll recover xd
That's what I figure. There are too many on the MP to really make them worth anything xp Hopefully the items that come out of it are at least good.
Yeah, options are a good thing. I'm getting pretty worn out with all the CS updates D: I was thinking too, this is the first time they've given us a shop update specifically for Halloween in the 2 years I've been on. At least they didn't make a Halloween shop and make it a cash shop *coughPhinPhangcough*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:04 pm
Beruth
I love my outfit! I don't think it's that Halloweeny. Maybe the hat, but not much.

Awww you looks so cute! Almost like an extra from the anime Ojamajo Doremi. biggrin  

Colorblind Monkey

Neiina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:04 pm
mm? wait... I thought we did get Halloween updates last year? and the last?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 am
I may be wrong, but I don't remember any specifically Halloween item updates in the gold shops before this. Didn't we get the Elegant sets last year? confused  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 pm
We had those masks last year and the eyepatches.

not sure about this hair....  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces