Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]
[PRP] Bringing Home The Slave (Nyota, Koin, Verge)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:00 pm
"Don't fall behind. Keep up. We're going to see the Aran'shale," Nyota snapped at the wild dog trailing him, even as he wandered towards the place his father's scent was the strongest. He'd treated the wild dog's wounds earlier, although rather crudely. He wasn't a healer of any kind, so he only did what he'd managed to learn. Crushed up some herbs that helped with the pain, spread the goop on large leaves from the jungle, and stuck it over the wounds. It may not have been the best treatment, but it worked for his injuries.

Upon coming upon his father, he bowed politely before stepping aside to present Koin to the pride leader.

"I found him wandering inside the borders. I thought he'd make a fine Na'artu, so I brought him back here. He won't be able to run from us. I tore some of the muscles in his hind leg," the juvenile explained.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 pm
Verge'lian canted head to one side, his poise bespeaking his power silently, even in relaxation. It seemed that this first son of his was quite the ambitious one, but thus far his efforts had served the pride...and so Verge felt that approval was needed. Nodding slowly, he summed the wild dog up with his eyes. "Mmmm...but did you think perhaps that injuring him so might hinder his usefulness, my son?" He rumbled quietly, icy gaze flicking to the younger lion.

Naturally, he simply wanted to hear the answer, his acceptance of this creature was not in jeopardy. It was to Nyota's shame, if the wild dog was utterly useless. The boy could be ruthless, Verge noted...much like himself, when he was younger, and less wise.

+Sephiros Immortal+

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:33 pm
Koin took a slow pace after the young lion, but kept up. He wasn't going to risk getting attack by the ruthless beast. He would probably have a permanent limp. Muscles took a long time to heal. His other wounds, however, would probably heal fairly quickly.

A shiver ran down the dog's spine as they wandered further into the lands. A small whimper escaped his throat as his eyes flicked across the large lion. He wanted to question was the word 'Na'artu' meant, but he realized he wasn't brave enough. He could probably guess. Slave; servant. That, or he was marked for death...

Koin didn't listen to the conversation too much, his head bowed. He knew he was beaten. It would take a while for him to escape; if he could that is. He figured he wouldn't die today, at least. Why else would the juvenile heal his wounds?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:42 pm
"His leg still works. All Na'artu are useful so long as they can further the goals of the pride," Nyota said, his ears twitching slightly at the subtle hint of disapproval for his methods in his father's voice. He had captured the wild dog with rather minimal damage. He'd thought his father would be proud that his juvenile son could take down an adult wild dog while only sustaining a single bite to the leg. He scowled slightly.

He should have known better than to even entertain the slightest hope for his father's pride.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

+Sephiros Immortal+

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 pm
Verge'lian sighed, "Mayhap so, just remember, an able-bodied Na'artu is quite valuable, though he will likely heal decently, even if not completely." Nodding in his son's direction, he actually smiled faintly, "I commend you for bringing him in, however...for as well you know, the pride's ranks need to be bolstered, even by the acquisition of such creatures."

He knew what it was like to be the elder son...under more scrutiny, constantly analyzed for improvement. Verge simply flinched to see that part of himself in any of his children...that powerlust.

Turning then, to the wounded canine, he arched a brow. "And what is your name, then?" It was less an inquiry and more a demand.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:06 pm
Koin's ears twitch. He felt the pain in his side and shoulder the most, though he was trying to ignore it to listen to the conversation. It was... a bit difficult, to say the least. He'd never been in such pain. At least nothing he could remember. The dog took a deep breath and braced himself to start listening.

'-quisition of such creatures.' ... 'And what is your name, then?'

"A-ah, I'm called K-koin..." The shaky dog responded to the question. He didn't shrink at the leader's gaze, fore he wasn't even looking upon the lion. His eyes rested on the king's large paws. They could probably kill him with one swoop.

Koin gave a small gulp and willed himself to stop shaking.

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:16 pm
The compliment was small, but Nyota accepted it, turning to the slave and looking on him imperiously. He would be of use to the pride. That was twice he'd done his part and contributed to the pride by bringing new members...

He couldn't help but smirk. How many of his siblings had brought in new members? How many of his siblings had scars sustained in battle?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:32 pm
"Koin." He seemed to process this for a moment, before he closed his eyes, seeming satisfied. "You will serve our pride then, Koin. Serve well and our treatment of you will not be overly harsh." What use was it to harm a slave that was doing his job, after all, that was completely counter-productive.

Perhaps he should have a talk later, with Nyota about such things. The boy was proud, and overconfident, likely as not, and better to warn him about possible blunders now, and Verge's own old mistakes, than to let Nyota make new ones that could cause disaster to himself, and to the pride. "I trust you will watch after him, Nyota, and see that he knows his place."

+Sephiros Immortal+

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 pm
The dog nodded once in understanding. Though the words did not see harsh in understanding, they sounded like a clear thread to him. 'Serve well, and we'll not kill you.' But that was his fear talking. He stored to words to the back of his mind. He'd remember them sometime in the future. "I understand," Koin managed.

Koin gave a shiver at Verge's next words. 'I trust you will watch after him, Nyota, and see that he knows his place.' Koin let his gaze wander to Nyota, who was looking at him. His gaze did not go to the face of the juvenile lion. That was disrespectful in packs; he didn't know if it was the same here. Best not offend anyone...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:51 pm
"Of course," Nyota said politely, though he paused for a long moment, begrudging himself even before he asked. "Do you know someone in the pride that would know how to treat wounds properly? I did what I could, but I don't know much about treating wounds..."

Not that he truly cared for Koin's well-being. He only cared about how well the wild dog could serve the pride. And generally speaking, an uninjured slave would work better than a wounded one.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

+Sephiros Immortal+

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:54 am
"Mmm. I think Mora'era has some experience in that field, though I think it rather strange considering her occupation." Shrugging a massive shoulder, his glance passed over the wild dog, already disregarding him in favor of his son.

"I have duties to tend to, Nyota, but...I would like to have some conversation with you soon, as I daresay we should discuss a few things." He was careful not to speak so as to phrase it in a negative light. To be perfectly honest, he should talk with all of his sons who seemed eager for the throne he currently occupied. Better they learn from his mistakes...than blunder into their own. To have war amongst them could be devastating.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:01 am
Koin watched the end of the conversation through half lidded eyes. This was a rather strange area and he had to watch his back. He was already wounded... He'd get care, though. Judging by what Nyota said. He hoped this Mora'era wasn't cruel as Nyota was... He'd be done for if she was...  

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:11 am
"Alright. I'll talk to her about getting better healing for him," Nyota said, tossing his head in Koin's direction. "If you need to talk to me, you can find me at the den a good portion of the time. Just call for me when you're ready."

That said, Nyota began to trot off in the direction he'd last spotted Mora, expecting Koin to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:14 am
Verge'lian simply dipped his head in acknowledgment, making a rumbling sound of affirmation. "Later, then." He would talk to the other as soon as he had his thoughts in order, for expressing himself to others, even relatives, was not precisely the most effortless of tasks for Verge.

But at least one good thing had been accomplished today, even if by the paw of this particularly ambitious son of his.

+Sephiros Immortal+

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:19 am
Koin took a hesitant step forward before following Nyota. A he kept his pained back leg off the ground so he wouldn't tear the muscle further. He made sure he could keep up... He had to survive... He had to.  
[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games