Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Using the right hand for good acts . Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 pm
Excellence of using the right Hand for Performing various good Acts

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"Then as for him who will be given his Record in his right hand will say: `Take, read my Record!''' (69:19)

"So those on the Right Hand (i.e., those who will be given their Records in their right hands) how (fortunate) will those be on the Right Hand! (As a respect for them, because they will enter Jannah). And those on the Left Hand (i.e., those who will be given their Record in their left hands) how (unfortunate) will those be on the Left Hand! (As a disgrace for them, because they will enter Hell).'' (56:8,9) 721.

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) liked to use his right hand in all matters: in combing his hair and wearing his shoes.[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]. 722.

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:Messenger of Allah was used to using his right hand for performing Wudu' and for eating his food whereas he was used to using his left hand in his toilet and for other similar purposes.[Abu Dawud]

Commentary: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to use his left hand in washing his private parts and cleaning his nose and similar things, Muslims are obliged to follow his example.

723. Umm `Atiyyah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) instructed us at the time of washing the dead body of his daughter Zainab (May Allah be pleased with her) to begin with her right side, and from the parts that are washed in Wudu'
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Here we are told about the excellence of washing the dead starting with their right side, We also infer from this Hadith that either women should wash the dead body of a woman or this job should be done by her husband.

724. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When any of you puts on his shoes, he should put on the right one first; and when he takes them off, he should begin with the left. Let the right shoe be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith sheds light on the etiquette of wearing as well as removing shoes. Every Muslim is supposed to have regard for the Prophetic example and to follow it.

727. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When Messenger of Allah (PBUH) went to Mina, he came to Jamrat-ul-`Aqabah and threw pebbles at it. After that, he went to his lodge in Mina and sacrificed. Then he called for a barber and pointed his right side to him, said, "Shave from here.'' Then he pointed his left side and said, "Take (hair) from here.'' Then he distributed his hair among the people.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: After returning from `Arafat on the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah, pilgrims throw pebbles at Jamrat-ul-Aqabah. This is followed by the sacrifice of an animal, the shaving of the head and the farewell Tawaf (circumambulation) of the Holy House. All this is to be observed on the Sacrificial Day in the exact order of priorities. Yet, an unexpected disturbance in this order involves no juristic disadvantage. Moreover, the act of throwing pebbles marks an end to the ban on legal concessions. But this permissibility is minor and partial, that is, everything becomes lawful except the physical contact with one's wife. The ban is totally lifted in the wake of the farewell circumambulation of the House of Allah.
Secondly, we are told that the ritual shaving of the head should begin from the right sideThirdly, there is a mention of the distribution of the Prophet's hair as a blessing among the Companions - which they did out of mere love for him (PBUH)

Wasalam ~ ~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:46 pm
Islamic Lectures  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 am
ah, guess left handedness is not highly encouraged among Muslims.

sad sad lack of diversity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm
Ratri_Cat
ah, guess left handedness is not highly encouraged among Muslims.

sad sad lack of diversity.
I use left hand in sports, and writting... But i eat with right 3nodding  

Zaakii

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:15 pm

what's so important about the right hand?
it's a hand that happens to be on your right side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:05 am
Absurd Thought

Alsalam Alaykum ! ~

well this question shouldn't be asked in that simple way !! the Rasull [[ PBUH ]] always used the right hand in his acts and that's why it is so special .. and here is a strong hadith about it :
Al Rasull [[ PBUH ]] commanded people to eat with their right hands and forbade them to eat with their left hands. He said, “The Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.” Narrated by Muslim (2020). This implies that eating with the left hand is haraam, and this is the correct view, because the one who eats with his left hand is either a shaytaan (a devil), or he is imitating the Shaytaan.
Narrated 'Umar bin Abi Salama: I was a boy under the care of Allah's Apostle and my hand used to go around the dish while I was eating. So Allah's Apostle said to me, 'O boy! Mention the Name of Allah and eat with your right hand, and eat of the dish what is nearer to you." Since then I have applied those instructions when eating. [Sahih Bukhari]

so the most Important thing about the right hand .. is that the Rasull [[ PBUH ]] used to eat / drink in it .. and this is much enough for us '' Muslims '' to use it wink and it is from the Sunnah. and we get the Thawab and the good deeds for it !!

WaSalam ~

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:12 am
dark__sunshin
Absurd Thought

Alsalam Alaykum ! ~

well this question shouldn't be asked in that simple way !! the Rasull [[ PBUH ]] always used the right hand in his acts and that's why it is so special .. and here is a strong hadith about it :
Al Rasull [[ PBUH ]] commanded people to eat with their right hands and forbade them to eat with their left hands. He said, “The Shaytaan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.” Narrated by Muslim (2020). This implies that eating with the left hand is haraam, and this is the correct view, because the one who eats with his left hand is either a shaytaan (a devil), or he is imitating the Shaytaan.
Narrated 'Umar bin Abi Salama: I was a boy under the care of Allah's Apostle and my hand used to go around the dish while I was eating. So Allah's Apostle said to me, 'O boy! Mention the Name of Allah and eat with your right hand, and eat of the dish what is nearer to you." Since then I have applied those instructions when eating. [Sahih Bukhari]

so the most Important thing about the right hand .. is that the Rasull [[ PBUH ]] used to eat / drink in it .. and this is much enough for us '' Muslims '' to use it wink and it is from the Sunnah. and we get the Thawab and the good deeds for it !!

WaSalam ~

I was going to say the same thing, so I agree with Sun shine! And if you wonder why we follow Prophet Muhammad in everything, because all he does is considered Sunnah.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:20 am

....why does eating with the left hand make you..."evil"?

My friends eat with their left hand and they don't seem to be possessed or engaged in illicit activities

Absurd Thought

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:58 am
Absurd Thought

....why does eating with the left hand make you..."evil"?

My friends eat with their left hand and they don't seem to be possessed or engaged in illicit activities

You really understood it in a twisted way! She said that you're imitating the devil, you should go against the devil with everything, he eats with left, we eat with right. That's only going against him! Eating with your left hand isn't going to get you possesed, and eating with your right hand isn't going to kill you, it's just a simple habit! It's not that big deal!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 pm
Mini_Angel_1994

You really understood it in a twisted way! She said that you're imitating the devil, you should go against the devil with everything, he eats with left, we eat with right. That's only going against him! Eating with your left hand isn't going to get you possesed, and eating with your right hand isn't going to kill you, it's just a simple habit! It's not that big deal!

If you're right handed this makes sense, and if you're part of middle eastern culture i guess that makes since.

my friend is left handed and eats with her left. how is she imitating the devil?

Absurd Thought

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:16 pm
Absurd Thought
Mini_Angel_1994

If you're right handed this makes sense, and if you're part of middle eastern culture i guess that makes since.

my friend is left handed and eats with her left. how is she imitating the devil?

You hate somebody's guts, and you can't bear them. Ok? Would you want to do the things he does? We hate Shaytan, that we don't want to eat the same way he eats! It's as simple as that!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:30 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
Absurd Thought
Mini_Angel_1994

You hate somebody's guts, and you can't bear them. Ok? Would you want to do the things he does? We hate Shaytan, that we don't want to eat the same way he eats! It's as simple as that!

but you're still condemning those who eat with their left hand.
Are you going to hate all people who eat with their left hand because it imitates the devil?

Absurd Thought

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:38 pm
I'm not saying I hate people who eat with left hand.

I'm saying I hate Shaytan, and I hate him, that I don't want to eat the same way he eats!

People eat with their left hand, fine, it's their choice! But Prophet Muhammad told us that, we should follow him! And for those people who eat with their left hand, I'm fine with them, I don't hate them, they are not devil. They are normal people. They came from Eve and Adam! But I'm saying that, we go against Shaytan with everything.

Please, don't say things that I didn't say!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
I'm not saying I hate people who eat with left hand.

I'm saying I hate Shaytan, and I hate him, that I don't want to eat the same way he eats!

People eat with their left hand, fine, it's their choice! But Prophet Muhammad told us that, we should follow him! And for those people who eat with their left hand, I'm fine with them, I don't hate them, they are not devil. They are normal people. They came from Eve and Adam! But I'm saying that, we go against Shaytan with everything.

Please, don't say things that I didn't say!

1. You don't want to eat the same way as the devil.
2. you want to follow your prophet's commands...because if you don't eat with your right hand then you're imitating the devil...because you are a follower of muhammad and his teachings

So the rest of us are fine as long as we don't follow islam.

Absurd Thought

spottystripes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:24 am
its good to eat with the right hand -- and its right isnt it - cuz its even called that!! rofl  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff