Reply The Pillars of Nosgoth - LoK Role Playing Centeral
Possible Small Group RP (2-4)? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Sounds like a good plan...
  I'd rather have Janos's heart pullout out of me!
  Kain! SHUT UP, NO ONE ASKED YOU!
View Results

Fallen_Razielim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Hello,

So, I was wondering if anyone else in the guild would be willing to do an RP with me. I'd kind of like to keep it to a small group, 2-4 people. I've got a million ideas that I'd love to throw out there if anyone was interested. It could be PM based if it was just 2 of us, or on here if there's 3-4, I suppose.

Well... WAKE UP YOU NOCTURNAL GUILD!

Seriously, a poor girl like me comes along... and everyone is gone. Darn me and my horrid timing. It's like all of you went and jumped into the time streamers, leaving me to find this empty ruin of a guild.

Oh, I'm LITERATE! Just thought you guys might appreciate that. I love spelling CORRECTLY! And grammar, real grammar makes me happy. Anyhow... I guess I'll just play Soul Reaver while I wait. Come on Razzy, let's go commit fratricide... *Sigh*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:57 pm
Hi Hi!

I would like to rp (it'll give me a reason to come on gaia everyday) what do you have in mind? =3

I play Wraith Raziel And Vorador (sorta Zephon and Kain) BUT MOSTLY RAZIEL.  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

Fallen_Razielim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:09 pm
Razzy? My RAZZY! *Cough cough* Um, I mean, the Raziel who means nothing to me?

Well, that's sweet. Um... let's see if I can come up with a story line that doesn't make me into a Mary Sue...

Hmm...

Thinking...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:23 pm
Alright, thinking on my feet here.

Let's see if we can get the basic out of the way before we take on a plot line.

Characters:
Raziel - No duh...
Um... me.... as someone else. Yup... unless we wanted to say that I am a Razielim, perhaps Kain deemed it necessary to throw the rest of the Razielim into the vortex. And let's just say that Elder God didn't have a whole lot of faith in you, so he kept a few of us inside his swirling waters, in storage. When you decided to go against him, I was one of his backups, maybe the only one. I wasn't told.

Setting: Nosgoth, but what time should I stumble across you?

Plot: Um, well the beginning is up there. Let's see. I know nothing of your existence, seeing as Elder God has really only told me his usual speel about Vampires throwing off the balance of the Wheel. So, I'm in pursuit of Kain, searching through Nosgoth, when I stumble upon you. Of course we'll have a huge misunderstanding and not trust each other. Cue EPIC FIGHT SCENE. Well, I'm physically weaker than you, but faster. However, you've been in your Wraith form much longer than I, so you easily overpower me. And then we take it from there...

How's that sound?  

Fallen_Razielim

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:27 pm
Fallen_Razielim
Alright, thinking on my feet here.

Let's see if we can get the basic out of the way before we take on a plot line.

Characters:
Raziel - No duh...
Um... me.... as someone else. Yup... unless we wanted to say that I am a Razielim, perhaps Kain deemed it necessary to throw the rest of the Razielim into the vortex. And let's just say that Elder God didn't have a whole lot of faith in you, so he kept a few of us inside his swirling waters, in storage. When you decided to go against him, I was one of his backups, maybe the only one. I wasn't told.

Setting: Nosgoth, but what time should I stumble across you?

Plot: Um, well the beginning is up there. Let's see. I know nothing of your existence, seeing as Elder God has really only told me his usual speel about Vampires throwing off the balance of the Wheel. So, I'm in pursuit of Kain, searching through Nosgoth, when I stumble upon you. Of course we'll have a huge misunderstanding and not trust each other. Cue EPIC FIGHT SCENE. Well, I'm physically weaker than you, but faster. However, you've been in your Wraith form much longer than I, so you easily overpower me. And then we take it from there...

How's that sound?

So you'll be another Razielim who got turned into a wraith? That sounds cool! =O

What should the setting be? Perhaps near the beginning of defiance after Raziel figures out how to get to the material realm on his own? (I bet that pissed EG off, definitely a reason to send some of his agents after Raziel)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:57 pm
Sounds wonderful. I guess that's enough to get started with then.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seth had floated for a millennium, twirling, tumbling, burning. Her skin had long since abandoned her body, muscles and bone protruding in a grotesquely macabre construct. She had never been able to block out the pain of the water as it burnt her body like acid. She had never been able to escape the endless torment of the Vortex, thrown into the Maelstrom.

She had tried to close her eyes, tried to scream, tried to do a million things, but each time she fought against her torture, she had lost something. Her eyelids and eyes had be eaten through, her jaw's ligaments burned through, leaving her without her lower mandible, her organs had been devoured by the relentless water.

She was driven to the brink of madness time and time again. She prayed for release, she prayed for nothingness, she prayed for an end which would never come. Her mind wandered from her body, time and time again, and each time her link to her material form was weakened, until her corpse was almost entirely separated from her spirit.

For a millennium she had been utterly alone, with only her ragged screams and incoherent babblings as company. And then one day the pain began to recede. On that blessed day, which stretched into an eternity of its own, she lay at the bottom of the world, surely in the pits of Hades, and she listened to the pained cries of the dead. It was a long, long time before she came to realize that the hideous cacophony was coming from her own hollowed throat, lending them an air of bestiality and utter alien from anything she had ever heard before.

And slowly, even her cries fell silent, until she was left in a paradise of silence and shadows. She had never moved, content to lay face down on this frozen ground, relishing in the absence of pain. Her soul in taters and her body ravaged. However, fate had not forgotten Seth, would not let her fade away into antiquity. Fate had plans, machinations to be set into motion.

"Arise Seth, my Reaver of Souls." A stern voice boomed through the hollow chamber.

Seth had forgotten her name for an eternity, but her soul responded, setting a spark of life inside her eyes. She opened burning orbs and saw herself in a strange realm that shimmered and oozed past her in slow monotony. "H..." Her voice caught in her ragged throat. She attempted again, "Hello?"

"You are reborn, Seth. I have plans for you." The voice went on, explaining to Seth what her purpose to be was. He told her of the vampires, and how their souls were static, trapped in their corpses, excluded from the Wheel. And then he went on, and told her of another Soul Reaver, the first. How this insolent fool had gone against him, the Weaver and Ruler of the Wheel, and had deviated from the purpose set. "Seth, this Reaver has lost sight of my plan, and has sided with the destroyers of Nosgoth. Kill him, steal his soul, and return it to the Wheel so that his pitiful protestations will be silenced forever. Restore balance."

Seth absorbed all of this slowly, and owing her newest form of Un-life to the Weaver, she felt compelled to obey. "I hear and obey." She bowed, the regal symbolism from an age past, from when she had been a high vampire of the Razielim clan. Hopefully her new master would understand her gesture. And then she turned her eyes up, towards the roof of the Underworld. She had a long journey in front of her, and a new identity.

((Huff huff huff. Whew... alright, I think that's enough for the establishing post, eh?))  

Fallen_Razielim

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:55 am
((Yes, very good, I will post but I will be gone until tomorrow so yeah, just wanted to assure you I haven't abandoned you or anything XD; ))

For the fourth time that day, Raziel had sent yet another poor, woodland creature - this time a rabbit - scurrying for its life. He sighed, watching it bound over the the ground, sending rotted leaves scattering every which way as it made its escape into a bush.

He had nearly skewered the scrawny, little thing, thinking it was yet another vampire hunter laying in ambush under the piles of mulch and leaves that littered the area. Raziel couldn't be too careful, he knew the second he let his guard down that Moebius' dogs would be upon him. He hoped he would reach the Dark Forest soon, so he would be free of the hunters and be able to focus on more important things... like the identity of those things that tried to attack him in the graveyard.

At first Raziel thought that they were agents of The Elder God, trying to drag him back to the spectral realm after his escape... but something told him otherwise... though he wasn't sure what exactly.

... And now he had gone and let his mind wander instead of focusing on protecting himself from attack. It made his train of thought come to a screeching halt, leaving him overly aware; he felt like someone was watching him.

At first Raziel thought he was just being paranoid again, but again, he knew he couldn't be too careful. So he listened, separating the sound of his own footfalls from any noises his pursuer might make. He would pretend to be unaware of the other's presence, and when they thought they had Raziel, really, Raziel would be the one that had them.

So he listened...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:33 am
((Muahahaha, I threw together his Cowl! *Does happy dance* Just need to buy the fans and I'll a jawless wraith!))

Seth had fought her way out of the pit she had awoken in, climbing and jumping and, as amazing as it sounds, gliding. She looked lovingly back at the large demonic wings that sprouted from her back, not quite large enough for full flight, but they worked wonderfully for gliding and high jumps. They had been a gift from the Weaver, Elder God he had called himself. 'How kind of him to give a new lowly servant such... freedoms.' She ran a tentative finger down one of her sensitive membranes and shivered, awed by the sensitivity and strength in her wings. The Elder God had told her that the Reaver she was hunting had the vestiges of wings, so she would need these to truly match him, move for move.

She crawled and crouched and slinked her way through the Spectral realm, careful not to attract attention to a fledgling wraith like herself. She supposed since she was going to have to fight this other Reaver, that he must be older than her, better prepared and more accustomed to his own body. She flexed her claws, she needed to learn what this new form was capable of. As she clawed her way out of a rift in the ground, she caught her first glimpse of Nosgoth, the first time she had seen it in a millennium.

Nosgoth had changed. She had always thought of her world as a quiet, open space, with room to grow an empire. However, as she walked through ruin after ruin and gazed upon the meeting of the Clans, she wept, or would have if she still had real eyes instead of pools of burning light. She stayed for a short while, when she had found the ruins of the Razielim's once grandiose palace. Now all that was left were lifeless buildings and a tattered banner or two rustling in the fitful breeze. Her claws delicately untethered one of the banners and she wrapped it around her own desicated form, obscuring her face and vestiges of a chest, 'See how well we go together, old friend? Have I been reborn only to find that my Nosgoth, my time, has passed into the anals of history?'

However her quest was not to ask questions of rocks and stone, but to kill the traitorous being who was destroying Nosgoth so. And now that she was above, she could see the how greatly Nosgoth had been affected by the vampires. She was a faithful being, one who followed her master and clan without question, but she also wasn't a mindless drone; and as she looked at ruin after ruin, she couldn't help but wonder why all the vampires seemed to be gone if they were such a great scourge...

She traveled through barren wastelands and freezing snow, having no firm direction to follow and only the barest of information. After a fortnight of travel, she came upon a forest that sprouted from a repulsive bog. And then she took to the trees, gliding silently from branch to branch. It was while she was high in the trees, near the far side of the bog that she spotted someone approaching. Someone who blazed hot and furious in the Spectral realm and yet had a physical form as well. His body was a synergy of muscle and bone, streamline in its efficiency, grotesque in its appearance. Her gaze turned upon his eyes, blazing pits of fire, and she knew... this was the other Reaver.

Her claws dug into the trunk, giving her impossible position leverage for her jump. She had worked through all of this logically in the time she had searched. He was larger, stronger, and older. But was he as fast? Her muscles of corded iron bunched, ready for the instant she would demand action. And then, in the blink of an eye, she lunged; and she could tell as soon as she left the tree's protective cover, that it was all going to go hideously wrong...

((I'm gonna be gone until later this afternoon, but feel free to post. Have a good one!))  

Fallen_Razielim

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:07 pm
((Blargh, I lied, I can make one more post before I go))

The sound of wood creaking... a twig snapping - Raziel now knew he wasn't alone, but it was too late to summon his reaver before he also heard a whoosh of air. He did manage to turn though, catching his attacker, their bodies connecting violently before they fell to the forest floor.

While they were tumbling too much for Raziel too successfully pin his attacker, he did manage to push his feet under them and kick them off and away from him. He then scrambled to his feet, summoning the wraith blade before turning to face the other.

Raziel felt as if he were looking into a mirror. They were identical, save for the other being smaller and having a slighter frame - she was definitely female. They both wore the clan colours - though her cowl was larger, most likely a flag as it was able to cover a good portion of her chest (although it looked like she didn't have much that needed covering nowadays)

Raziel would've found all this quite fascinating if she wasn't trying to kill him. But that didn't deterrer him from asking "Who are you...?

Who is one that would where my clan symbol?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:44 pm
She wasn't really surprised when the Reaver turned suddenly and blocked her attack, tumbled down onto the ground, and then shoved her off of him. After all, he was much older than herself, and as such he would inevitably have learned how to utilize his wraith form better than her. He was certainly stronger than her, and she held no illusions about the disproportion in this fight. She had almost no chance to win, but it was her order, and as such, she had no choice but to fight or die trying. She growled at him as he suddenly summoned some form of phantasmal blade. Her wings flared and flapped sharply as she jumped back, out of the range of his new weapon.

'Funny, the Weaver never told me of THIS trait... Damn it all! I don't know enough about him to fight this safely.' She was a strategist at heart, but all her strategizing wouldn't do her any good against him. He was an unknown variable, who might react in a million different ways. He had obviously known she was coming, so even the slight edge of the element of surprise was denied to her. In all honesty, her odds weren't looking too good.

And then he said the last thing she would have ever expected, throwing the most perfect monkey wrench he ever could have into her plans. "Your clan? Are you saying that you belong to the Razielim as well?" She straightened out of her crouch some, although she was still ready enough if she needed to act swiftly. She began circling slowly, stalking on silent talons. "Perhaps this is not correct etiquette, but I have a question for you. I will admit openly that I am only here to kill you, as per my orders, but... I can not help but wonder as to this situation." She stopped moving and stared at the corpse before her. "I was told by the Weaver of the Wheel, that I was to kill you for betraying him, but nothing of what your great atrocity was. I owe him allegiance for his act of charity towards me, but that does not blind me to the discrepancies that have been presenting themselves. First he tells me you are to be destroyed, but not why. Then I find the world decimated, but none of the vampires who he blames for its destruction. And now I find you, with a weapon he seemingly forgot to mention, and a possible Razielim."

Seth thought of that for a moment. Another Razielim? Was she not the last of the line? Or was this some subtle trick by her appointed opponent? Would he have claimed allegiance to whatever clan she belonged, only to stay her hand and give her pause? 'Hmm... I don't know enough. Nothing is adding up.' She took in a deep breath, an action that was no longer necessary, and then she let it out through her nose. "Tell me, Soul Reaver, what would you do in my position? I have no where near enough information to make a prudent decision, and yet I have the objective of my goal in sight. Give me a reason for it all." Whatever his answer, it did not matter much either way, but perhaps it would help sate her curiosity. If he won, it wouldn't matter much what he said. She would be dead, finally released from this mortal coil and returned to all that she knew and all those she held dear. This was not her time, not her world any longer.

If she won, well, perhaps she might be able to glean some information which revealed the reason behind the madness of this desolate future. If she won, she would have killed another Razielim, perhaps the only other one left. This world held no more for her than her next mission, her next goal. If she was to hope for more than that, then she was not only foolish but foolhardy. She hoped, for his sake and her own, that he gave her a reason to stay her hand...

((Whew. I hope she seems alright. I don't want her to be quite as angsty as Raziel, but she still has reasons to feel pain and remorse. However, she isn't as vocal as he is, and she takes things slower. She likes to think things through first, which sadly means she doesn't get to make those great protestations against fate that Raziel does. But I do want to convey that she has lost everything... meh. Let me know if you think it's working.))  

Fallen_Razielim

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:45 pm
The wings caught Raziel off guard. Though small, they were reminiscent of the ones he use to posses. The more he looked at her, the more her likeness to himself grew, and the more indefinite this situation became; even if she was just a trick produced by the Elder God, would Raziel have the resolve to kill something that reminded him so much of his clan?

Raziel continued to look over her, studying her form as he replied. "Yes, my clan... I am the father of the Razielim." His eyes narrowed, finally stopping at her face. "I ask again: who are you to wear the symbol of my clan? Answer quickly, girl, before I deem you nothing more than an impostor, mocking the memory of my beloved children."

As she continued, still giving no hints to as who she was, Raziel patience surprisingly remained intact... so she was sent by the Elder God, he wasn't surprised, even when she said she had been ordered to kill him.

"It is not my place to tell you what you should do -- but consider this for a moment: was it your new master who gave you your life back? Or was it an opportunist who just happened to be there when you woke up..." Raziel said, him himself having been presented with the same possibility not so long ago; he hoped she picked the right answer, he didn't want to kill her and risk the chance of losing many more answers for himself.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 pm
Seth stared in disbelief. "You... you claim to be Raziel?" Her emotions were divided, leaving her a bit unsure of what to feel. Should she be outraged at this man, claiming to be her master? Should she be wary, again this could be one more delaying tactic. Or, could she possibly be... hopeful? If there had ever been a vampire who could survive the Maelstrom, it was He. She had gone through and came out... alive, so it would make sense that he might be Raziel. She gazed upon the form of the Soul Reaver, and then she saw it, in the hundred minute details she had gazed upon every day of her un-Life. It shown through in the way he carried his shoulders, in the arm held at ready, in the narrowed eyes.

Immediately she fell to a knee, head bowed in subservience. "Forgive my impropriety my Liege. I... I was never told that the Soul Reaver was yourself. There is no excuse for my actions. I am Seth Minerva, Corporal of the Second Army, Daughter of Mahiel Minerva, General of the Right Wing." Her wings folded close to her body, her arms respectfully held to her sides while resting fists on the ground. "I... I had feared you had died with the rest of my brothren. To know you are alive..." Words failed Seth. She was never one to express herself through words, and this much joy was too difficult for her to express.

Ever so slowly she raised her head and looked at her lord. "You truly are... alive, in as much as the spirit can live in corporeal form." She smiled warmly, quite the difficult task considering she had no lips or lower jaw, but it shown through in the crinkles at the corners of her burning eyes and the light bunching of muscles that still lightly adorned her cheeks. "I pledged my service to you for as long as my spirit was in this world and beyond. If you will still accept my pledge, it still stands, My Liege."  

Fallen_Razielim

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:00 am
All at once it became clear who the other was, and while it shouldn't have surprised Raziel, the revelation hit him like a tonne of bricks. So she really was one of his kin... and while he was thankful and overjoyed that at least one of them still lived, especially Seth - one of his most trusted generals - her appearance only confirmed his suspicions: Kain had dealt with Raziel offspring the same way he dealt with him.

Anguish and disgust gripped his insides, making it hard for him to speak for what seemed like an eternity. The thought of his beloved fledglings suffering the same fate as he had was almost too painful to bear. And yet, here was Seth, alive and not seeming at all bothered by their current states. Raziel could've given a small laugh, that even after all this, Kain could not crush the strong and noble spirit of the Razielim... though Raziel didn't laugh for he was afraid that a sob might leave his throat instead.

He did however let his wraith blade recede into him before kneeling down to Seth's level, putting his larger, cloven hand on her shoulder. "Seth... please, do not kneel to me anymore. I do not require your services... but I would like your help." He said, no longer wanting anyone to show that they were subservient to him, or to try and inflate his ego, for it was status and pride that had caused all this to befall his poor family...

"The abyss has changed me much, not only appearance wise, but it has made me see things differently, it has showed me what is really important in this world." He told Seth before leaning forward, embracing her. Before the abyss, he would have probably thought doing something like this would be below his dignity, but as Raziel had said, he had changed a lot since then.

"From now on, my duty to my family comes first. You are all I have left, and it pains me that I never really showed how important you all were to me before it was too late."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:53 pm
Seth knew that if she had a heart, it would have stopped at the pain that crossed Raziel's face in those few silent moments. However, she had not had a heart in a millennium, and she hadn't had a beating heart in even longer. She felt that she should say something, give some comfort, but she was a warrior, not an emotional person.

Just as she had decided to stretch out her hand, he moved forward, embracing her. Her mind stood still, ceasing to process. Her body stiffened for a moment, and then she relaxed in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his impossibly skinny spinal column and holding him for a moment.

"My liege... Please, don't cry for them. We fought to the death proudly. You were worth dieing for." She released him and sat back onto her heels. "And now, you are worth living for." Unsure what proper protocol was, she held onto his fore arm and patted the outside of it with her other arm, an old warrior symbol of comradery. "Don't worry, My liege, we knew. We always knew. That's why we were able to die for you." She attempted to smile, and patted his arm again.  

Fallen_Razielim

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 pm
Raziel gave a bitter-sweet smile, still pained over the loss of his fledglings and how Seth had suffered in his absence, but at least they were both alive, and really, that was all that mattered.

He finally let go of her after he stood, pulling Seth to her feet as he got up. "You don't need to call me that anymore, in fact, I would prefer if you didn't." He told her as he brushed the dirt from his knees. Raziel then looked up at the sky, squinting at the bright orange of the setting sun. He had forgotten all about the vampire hunters in the area, but he knew now they needn't worry, for they wouldn't dream of being out after dark - which meant Seth and him could linger there a while longer.

"... Seth, I need you to tell me everything that has happened since your awakening, what The Elder God has told you, and the limits of your new power." He said, turning his sight back on her.  
The Pillars of Nosgoth - LoK Role Playing Centeral

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff