Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm
Hello all! For those that have been around the guild for as long as I have, you remember the old incubator. We moved out of it cause we got to big! There are so many of us now, so many faithful dragon parents. Well, our staff is facing the same issue! I am a college student, unfortunately school takes precedence. Alda has not been able to be around as much recently and Willa has her real family to tend to.
So! We are looking for people to help with taking care of our dragons! This will be especially important for when new breeds come out and we have a sudden sharp influx.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:45 pm
The job that we need done! And there are quite a few but one person can ask for a specific one so don't run off yet! I will try to list them in order of importance but all jobs are important when it comes to taking care of our babies^^

1: Look through all current immature dragons and find those with 3.5 days or less to compile walking groups.

Comment from Willa ~ Because it takes me so long to through the many, many active scrolls we have (I'm slow because of RL distractions here), I've actually been grabbing the eggs and hatchlings who are at the 4.1 day mark or less. That gives me so "wiggle room" since I can only check the Incubator once a day. The 3.5 day mark we put in the Infirmary instructions is for the members in case we accidentally miss someone's dragons.

2: Look through all the scrolls (active and inactive) and check for new dragons. This can be eggs or hatchlings people have picked up from the abandoned screen. The active scrolls should be checked at least twice a day. The inactive preferably once but so long as they are being checked every two days we should be good.

3: Look for dragons posted in the thread and add them. And welcome new members and add their scrolls.

Comment from Willa ~ Don't forget to look at the Introduction thread in the main forum.

And as a mod, you also need to look at the Mod Panel to see if there are any joining requests. Before you accept (or decline ... I check with the other mods if there is a request that I'm not sure about), look at the avi's reasons for joining (should have something to do with dragons, RP, or having met/being recommended/saw our link in the Infirmary or Walkie group. If no reason is given and the profile looks friendly, I'll PM the person and ask how he/she found out about the guild. I'm leery of folks who seem to collect guilds like trading cards or don't respond). If the person looks like an acceptable member, look for scroll and/or dragon info on the profile.

After I accept the person (and if their reason for joining was for Cave reasons, particularly if they have had problems with growing their dragons), I'll add their scroll and dragons to the Incubator and/or Infirmary if needed.

And don't forgot to recognize our members who walk the Infirmary group, especially if they are new to doing this. I like to show them my appreciation by thanking them and giving them the designation of "dragon walker" in the Incubator after their username if they have walked the Infirmary at least three times. I also edit or delete the designation if a member hasn't been around lately.

4: Move the adult dragons from where they are on the front page and place them in their proper locations on the second page so that we can do our count at the end of the month.

Comment from Willa ~ We do a count at the end of the month to see how successful the Incubator has been for the month. I can explain later how I do this. Beware ... math involved! *watching Beady grab a crucifix to ward off the evil Math Mobster* blaugh

5: Take the dragons walking (we have a quick list of threads, it is easy) and edit the walking post as needed in the guild.

6: Keep an eye on the "Wanting to join the guild" list and see if those random people that find us should be let in.

Comment from Willa ~ see my thoughts on this above... in #3.

7: And on a note from me! I need someone to help me take care of the other clickables section. This includes the Valenth and the Mini-cities, though I will have to ask Draconia before I do that. We just need more help all around.

If I have forgotten anything Willa you can add^^
Most of these jobs (except walking) require mod status in the guild. So, we are asking you if you want to become a mod so that we can send word to our Guild Queen.

Comment from Willa ~ Don't be overwhelmed by all this! With more mods, we can divide up these tasks. That way no one will be overworked. This will be especially important, as Beady has mentioned, when new eggs are dropped and with the upcoming holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).

And to all of you willing to do this, THANK YOU!!! heart

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 pm
Therefore! We ask that you fill out the following form so that we can see who we can add to our faithful crew! And again Willa, you can add anything you want to.

1: How did you find this guild? (we just kinda want to know but we also want to see if our other faithful members are doing their jobs^^)

2: Do you want a particular job? Do you do anything right now? (like I know we have a few faithful walkers.)

3: How much time wold you be willing to spend helping? (editing the incubator can take hours, I know this from experience)

4: When are you around usually? (and would it be possible to state this in Eastern Standard Time? Just for ease for Willa, Alda and I)

5: Do you belong to the Dragcave forum? Me wants to know because we have an update thread...Kinda. But if you would like to use it to post news and updates from the Dragcave forum for those of us that don't belong you would be welcome to. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:07 pm
So now you can happily post and say if you want to be added to our crew. mrgreen If you are looking at that job description list and saying "I still have no idea what I am going to be doing" ask Willa or I and we can do a further detailed description. We shall look forward to your joining us^&^  

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:11 pm
Reserved post just cause you never know. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:13 pm
And one more just cause I love my mod powers. mrgreen  

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:22 pm
And why not another just because! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm
do I post the form here?

1: How did you find this guild?
the link in the infirmary group

2: Do you want a particular job? Do you do anything right now?
any job that needs to be done just tell me which jobs needs more helpers
I dragon walk

3: How much time wold you be willing to spend helping?
depends on my work scedule
1-3 hours a day Not including time spent on walking
2-5 hours a day if I count time spent walking

4: When are you around usually?
depends on work schedule usually
(by eastern standard time)
weekdays - 9 a.m. -2:15 p.m. and 9:30-11 or 3-11 p.m
weekends - all day or around 2:30-5 and 3-11

5: Do you belong to the Dragcave forum? Me wants to know because we have an update thread...Kinda. But if you would like to use it to post news and updates from the Dragcave forum for those of us that don't belong you would be welcome to.
yes

Storm-Skyflyer
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Kayariy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:23 pm
1: How did you find this guild? One of the dragon walkers found me desperately trying to hatch my first four eggs

2: Do you want a particular job? Do you do anything right now? I walk dragons when I have time, if I see a real emergency I definitely help it

3: How much time wold you be willing to spend helping? the time I spend looking for emergencies and helping them and more (I don't walk much anymore because I keep cross-posting with other walkers, so I'd happily update things frequently. if I see lots of eggs needing help at a time when no walkers are online I'll gladly walk them about though this won't produce results very quickly, it will still be a help)

4: When are you around usually? EST, random times. Have classes 8 am-9:15 am, 10am-10:50am, 12pm-3:50pm, 6:45pm-9pm mondays, 4pm-4:50pm tuesdays, 8am-9:15 am, 10am-10:50am, 12:pm-12:50pm, 6:45pm-8:30pm wednesdays, 10am-10:50am, 4pm-4:50pm, 6:45pm-9pm thursdays, 11am-12:50pm (sometimes 1:30pm) fridays...... basically when I'm not at class, eating dinner, or sleeping. And I have insomnia, so......

5: Do you belong to the Dragcave forum? yup! I'm a spriter, too!
Other: going to bed now, it's 2:21 am smile just giving an idea of my insomnia-induced hours  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:13 am
Thanks for filling out the forms, Kaya and Storm! biggrin heart  

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

Blackwing Rose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:52 am
Gah, I'm torn here. On one hand I'd love to step up and volunteer, but on the other I'm really really unsure how much time I can devote to the Incubator and don't want to make promises I can't keep. Aside from my real life, I inherited a guild this week and know I'm about to get modded somewhere else.

If you guys still need volunteers, maybe I can commit to a small amount of time and then just sorta cover people when I have time?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:27 pm
*Sigh* Like Blackwing Rose, I am really undecided as well. I really want to help, and I have been a dragon walker for quite awhile now. There is also a Time Zone problem. I live in the Western part of Canada (PST Time Zone) and I usually dragon walk the Egglings and Babies when most of the guild members have gone to bed.

1. How did you find this guild? I met up with Willa and Beady and Treebornkettlgrl at Scubaso's thread, trying desperately for someone to cure my very first dragon of soft shell sickness.

2. Do you want a particular job? Do you do anything right now? I walk the dragons when I am around.

3. How much time would you be willing to spend helping? About 2 to 3 hours, as well as the time I am walking the Infirmary.

4. When are you around usually? Random times. I have a part time job as well as college classes. (by Pacific Standard time) I am basically available after 6pm on weekdays and before 2pm and after 8pm on weekends.

5. Do you belong to the Dragcave forum? No.

Kimmiora
Crew

pd2care

17,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:00 am
Hi guys. I see how much you guys are struggling with the infirmary and incubator, and I'll help however I can. I have strange working hours (I'm not home from 11am to 9pm PST), but am off Sunday and Monday. I can spend hours here on my weekends, but won't have that kind of time to devote during my workweek, but am here quite a bit after work. If you'd like to utilize my spare time, let me know.

1: How did you find this guild? Did a guild search and found y'all

2: Do you want a particular job? Do you do anything right now? I'm a walker, and I've gotten the incubator together (ish) once

3: How much time wold you be willing to spend helping? if I've got the time, it's yours. I have hours on my days off (Sund and Mond right now) and some time during the week if needed

4: When are you around usually? I work from 1:30pm to 11:30p, Eastern time, so am available before, and after those times, and sometimes during.

5: Do you belong to the Dragcave forum? I'm not, but I can become one. I do peruse every so often though.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:32 pm
><}}> <

1: How did you find this guild? Through Aldora's thread a while back...

2: Do you want a particular job? Do you do anything right now? I can be suited into only two places due to the fact am banned. A Walker, and or, A thread picker? xD

3: How much time wold you be willing to spend helping? Fast Computer = no life = any time.... >>

4: When are you around usually? From 3 pm to 10 pm... Straight... EST due to where I live... >>

5: Do you belong to the Dragcave forum? Me wants to know because we have an update thread...Kinda. But if you would like to use it to post news and updates from the Dragcave forum for those of us that don't belong you would be welcome to. .... I really wouldn't be in that job, now would I? vv

Sorry... I want to help you all.. And I know am blind, but I do wish to help... )

Catti Saionji

6,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

rosesatin43

Profitable Hunter

3,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:33 am
i have 3 accounts with hatchlings and eggs and they are all most dead i am going to put them all in here and hope they all live the frist set is theses User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.39 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.35 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.36 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.35 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 3.99 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.96 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.99 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.44 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.75 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 0.17 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.36 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1.39 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 3.21 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 5.62 days left User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 0.21 days left these are all i have that need to grow and hatch i hope they live but if not i will get more to replace them thanks  
Clickables and Creatures

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff