Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Astral Selves Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:32 pm
What do you all look like astrally? Do you look the same as your physical self or is it different? Are you even human-looking, or are you like the Otherkin and Therain (not sure if I spelled that right)? And if you look differently astrally than you do physically, what does it mean?

Personally, astrally (and I know this from meditations and the very few times I've been able to astral project subconciously) I have longer hair, generally down to around the small of my back or buttox. Also, I have a tendency to wear long, flowy garments--sometimes with Roman/Greek or Celtic patterns on it and, personally, I think I look a touch leaner (or maybe it's just flatter and so leaner in illusion).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 pm
Hmm. I don't know... I don't look in a lot of mirrors when I'm walking the hedge. I reason that I look pretty much like myself. Either that or like an amalgam of everyone I've looked like in all my past lives. Depending on where I go, I dress differently.... although I have a tendency to revert to white flowy things. Don't ask me why. I'm a black-wearer in general.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:08 pm
i look like myself except i usually have a beard and my hair is finer and longer. sometimes wearing a robe or other ancient garment.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Sanguina-chan
Hmm. I don't know... I don't look in a lot of mirrors when I'm walking the hedge.

The only reason I know myself is because I don't view it in first person. I don't know why, but whenever I meditate or even look back on my memories, I see myself from a third person POV. I actually watch myself, though I always look slightly different in memories than when it was actually happening in my oppinion. A good different though.

And no, it isn't voluntary. It's like my auto-pilot.  

Clair Fay

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:04 pm
thats cool sometimes i get the same third person thing too  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:02 am
When ever I astral project, I can see myself so clearly that it's kind of freaky. I look like myself except for I have green eyes and my hair is longer and wavier. It's something I never really look forward to because afterwards, it tends to hurt when I go back into my body.  

Radioactive Freezer

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 am
That's strange. But I wonder why our hair is always longer and wavier? (For me and Miss Freeze anyhow.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:21 pm
My hair is originally wavy. I permed it so it's straight. I think it looks better that way. So that could be an explanation for me. But my eyes are a dark dark brown color and I have no idea why it would be green in my astral state.  

Radioactive Freezer

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 pm
Ah, that would make sense. For me my hair is naturally pin straight. >>

But as to the eye colour... sorry, I'm no help. sweatdrop Maybe it was your eye colour in a past life and you have some unfinished business, so you kept your eyes astrally to remind yourself?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm
perhaps our hair is different because in the astral were made of finer energy then in the physical plain?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:06 pm
*shrugs* I try not to worry about it overly much. When I do feel the whim to ask questions, I will, but intil then... it just sort of idly floats around in my mind.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:26 pm
I always see myself astrally in third person. I have the same build as I do in real life, but my hair is shorter than it is now. I dress in a long sleeve shirt and a sort of jumper-dress that is floor-length and usually dark/midnight blue. I don't normally wear shoes unless it's cold weather.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:36 pm
I see myself in third person sometimes, too. It's certainly strange. I look mostly like myself, except I look older and more developed, and my hair is black. Most of the time I'm nude, but sometimes I'm wearing a white and gold knee-length dress, no shoes..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:29 pm
Our astral selves are just energy, somewhat bigger than our physical selves. Your aura is the part of your astral self that extends beyond your physical self.
Guess you could focus that energy into an image...  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 pm
my hair is longer, and im white/gold ALL over. its kind of wierd, but deffinatly cool  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games