Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy IX
Four disks of epic win Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Balthier and Ashe...
  Are totally the FFXII version of Zidane and Garnet
  and there's no room for arguement.
  (I love my OTP xD)
View Results

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:28 pm
So I finally bought the game, and so far, it's awesome. I love the characters (Zidane is too cool), I love the world, I love the battle system, I even love the music.

But it's four disks long. I don't know much about PS1 games, so I don't know if multiple disks are normal. They only PS1 game I've really played is VII, and that, at three disks, was a long game (I thought). So, IX with its four disks, is kinda wigging me out. Is it actually that long of a game?

((Also, I really hope my assumption in the poll doesn't come back to bite me in the a** later.))  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:15 pm
Yay! *hugs* One more IX fan! Where are you right now?

VIII has four disks too, and the later games certainly would if DVDs didn't have higher capacities. I think VII might have too if it had VIII or IX-level graphics; those take up a lot of room. So no, it's not insanely long, at least by Final Fantasy standards.

((Well, I'll vote for the last because I love my OTP!))  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:56 am
Um, I've just left Lindenblum(sp?) to aid the nation where Freya comes from. Dagger's outta my party, and I'm going through a dungeon with bells.

Ah, okay. I thought it was all DVDs, so I didn't know it had lower capacity. I don't know whether to be relieved or dissapointed; I'd like a long game, but I don't think my schooling could take the competition. xD

((Maybe it's just me, but I think my polls are getting a little more biased xD))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 pm
Lindblum! I love that place... Master Gizamaluke's pretty awesome too. I personally think IX has by far the best dungeons.

Yeah, that would be one hellalong story to go on for four DVDs. I wish it were that long, but if I think about it, I probably don't. I still wouldn't have beaten it. sweatdrop

((Hm, y'think?))  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:32 pm
i have played and beaten this game 10 times....... i'm absolutely in LOVE with Zidane heart heart heart heart heart
and i wish it was longer, cause that would give me more time to fawn over him lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:55 pm
xD I restarted because I got a strategy guide. It's actually a fairly fail guide; a lot of the info was on playOnline, and they took it all off when XI came out. >_>

Freya is too awesome. I just love her.  

ArikaiHart

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:04 am
Oh, the strategy guide is awful. Then they realized that, so they stopped doing that, thankfully. I still like it for the pretty pictures and lists, though; that's mostly what I use them for.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm
I really like them for their maps and directions, so I don't accidently trigger a cutscence by wandering through a door. Sadly, this guide has neither maps nor directions. stare  

ArikaiHart

Krell356

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:38 am
YAY Freya, but back to bashing the FF9 strategy guide.

I would burn it if it didn't manage to have a few useful peices of information in it... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:56 pm
If you want some of that info they used to have on PlayOnline, I think I still have some written notes of it somewhere in my strategy guide, if anyone requires them...

Oh, and just to say something about the first post, I actually didn't find the game too long...  

memphiskite

Krell356

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:34 am
I didn't find it long enough. It was such a great story that I wanted more.

It's like reading a book then realizing that that was the last page of the last book in the series and that there is no more to look forward to crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:49 pm
So true... but on the other hand, you really don't want them dragging it out. Everything had time to get developed, it was nicely paced, and there were no loose ends. Much as I hate to have no more to go through, it did end really nicely.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

SirFappington

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm
Final Fantasy IX kicks pixelated butt...and trust me, I know first hand kupo.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Best ff in the series.
I just wish it lasted longer! The story was amazing.
Zidane and Dagger heart  

MysticChaos28

Romantic Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Junior Trader 100

blacklyra0

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:23 am
I loved this game! (second only to VII in my opinion)
But, despite being so well done, it didn't reel in nearly so much publicity as VIII (who's gameplay I found lacking). One example being only Vivi showed up in KH, much to my disappointment (don't get me wrong, I love Vivi, too!).

Hurray to the only main character with a tail! heart  
Final Fantasy IX

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces