Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Death Penalty Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you with ore agaist it?
  With
  Against
View Results

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:40 am
Discus what u think about death penalty, this is what i found about it.

"...If anyone kills a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all people. And if anyone saves a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all people" (Qur'an 5:32).
Life is sacred, according to Islam and most other world faiths. But how can one hold life sacred, yet still support capital punishment? The Qur'an answers, "...Take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law. Thus does He command you, so that you may learn wisdom" (6:151).

The key point is that one may take life only "by way of justice and law." In Islam, therefore, the death penalty can be applied by a court as punishment for the most serious of crimes. Ultimately, one's eternal punishment is in God's hands, but there is a place for punishment in this life as well. The spirit of the Islamic penal code is to save lives, promote justice, and prevent corruption and tyranny.

Islamic philosophy holds that a harsh punishment serves as a deterrent to serious crimes that harm individual victims, or threaten to destabilize the foundation of society. According to Islamic law (in the first verse quoted above), the following two crimes can be punishable by death:

Intentional murder
Fasad fil-ardh ("spreading mischief in the land")

Intentional Murder
The Qur'an legislates the death penalty for murder, although forgiveness and compassion are strongly encouraged. The murder victim's family is given a choice to either insist on the death penalty, or to pardon the perpetrator and accept monetary compensation for their loss (2:17 cool .
Fasaad fi al-ardh
The second crime for which capital punishment can be applied is a bit more open to interpretation. "Spreading mischief in the land" can mean many different things, but is generally interpreted to mean those crimes that affect the community as a whole, and destabilize the society. Crimes that have fallen under this description have included:

Treason / Apostacy (when one leaves the faith and joins the enemy in fighting against the Muslim community)
Terrorism
Land, sea, or air piracy
Rape
Adultery
Homosexual behavior
Actual methods of capital punishment vary from place to place. In some Muslim countries, methods have included beheading, hanging, stoning, and firing squad. Executions are held publicly, to serve as warnings to would-be criminals.
It is important to note that there is no place for vigilantism in Islam -- one must be properly convicted in an Islamic court of law before the punishment can be meted out. The severity of the punishment requires that very strict evidence standards must be met before a conviction is found. The court also has flexibility to order less than the ultimate punishment (for example, imposing fines or prison sentences), on a case-by-case basis.

Credit: http://islam.about.com/cs/law/a/c_punishment.htm  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:47 am

how does homosexuality destabilize society and worth using the capital punishment on homosexuals?

Absurd Thought

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 pm
Because homosexuality is evil.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:23 pm
Zaaki
rofl  

Absurd Thought

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:52 am
Absurd Thought
Zaaki
rofl

neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 am
Uhm..in the poll.up there? (right now) 2 against and 1 with? who's that? You...who are with? explain, please? biggrin  

_rainarai_

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 am
_rainarai_
Uhm..in the poll.up there? (right now) 2 against and 1 with? who's that? You...who are with? explain, please? biggrin

i haven't voted dun count me. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:04 am
I am with it, and it is writen in the first post! I also made a school document about it. And i am with it 3nodding

Eventually i readed that u could get your hand cutted for stealing wink  

Zaakii

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 pm
tassan
Absurd Thought
Zaaki
rofl

neutral

I was hoping for a better answer than that.

Like...a real explanation on why homosexuality is evil. I can't really see where this logic comes from, unless its like some rule that people have to make babies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:22 am
Absurd Thought
tassan
Absurd Thought
Zaaki
rofl

neutral

Like...a real explanation on why homosexuality is evil. I can't really see where this logic comes from, unless its like some rule that people have to make babies.

Go to the gay topic then...  

Zaakii

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:29 am
Absurd Thought
tassan
Absurd Thought
Zaaki
rofl

neutral

i did not want to answer you, i just wanted to show that i am taking no side.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:34 am

Zaaki, I asked why homosexuals deserve the death penalty. You can't give me any other answer aside from "they're evil"?

All I got from that topic is that because there is no babies from that union and that your God forbids it.

rolleyes

Absurd Thought

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 am
Absurd Thought

Zaaki, I asked why homosexuals deserve the death penalty. You can't give me any other answer aside from "they're evil"?

All I got from that topic is that because there is no babies from that union and that your God forbids it.

rolleyes

It's not it all, and u can go to the homo topic and look, ore make one... U can get answers!

And it's enugh that Allah says it!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 am
Absurd Thought

rolleyes

thats what it is...

Allah forbids it.

when we talk about logic we say if we can fold the paper vertically, then we can fold it horizontally as well. Right?

but here Our God commands us to fold the paper only vertically... (its only supposition of heterosexuality) that God wants us to be heterosexual, if we be homosexual we go against our God... here I do not see any logic i mean when it comes about God its not about LOGIC its the belief that we have to do in Allah. There are matters that are outa our minds and we can't understand them... and science proves it as well that we do not use our all mind but a least part of it, but Allah has created that mind there fore he knows best.

And still i am sure you are not getting satisfied because i am not making logic  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:36 am
Brother tassan is right 3nodding  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff