Reply Chatterbox/Humor
The other things that I spend my money on. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 am
Other than firearms and ammunition that is.
You may ask, "wtf, how do you afford these things?" but the answer is simple, sad at times, but simple.
I don't have a girlfriend so I don't have to really spend all of my excess on that.

Now time to get on with it.

Image 1

image 2

Sorry for the shitty quality, I used a different camera this time.

If it wasn't for the upcoming midterms I'd be working longer hours and getting more money.

Anyway, it's a bit of work.
The engine was pretty much thrown in there and made to work with parts they found in their garage. Maybe that's too good, parts they probably pulled from a dumpster behind a Napa autoparts store.

So what do you sump your money into?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:44 am
Electronics. Being a technophile is too ******** expensive. Not to mention my goddamn CD drive is having strokes. I'm gonna have to buy a new one, and my dad's a d**k, so he's going to make me pay him $60/hr to replace it. Goddamn laptops...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:09 pm
Fresnel
Electronics. Being a technophile is too ******** expensive. Not to mention my goddamn CD drive is having strokes. I'm gonna have to buy a new one, and my dad's a d**k, so he's going to make me pay him $60/hr to replace it. Goddamn laptops...

On a laptop?
I have never tried it but I can only assume that it's a ******** b***h and a half to replace it.

Was your old drive a light scribe one?
If it is did you use the light scribe program at all?

I've been told that the light scribe beats the hell out of the drive and the optics.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:46 pm
Airsoft. 360 Games.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:29 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

On a laptop?
I have never tried it but I can only assume that it's a ******** b***h and a half to replace it.

Was your old drive a light scribe one?
If it is did you use the light scribe program at all?

I've been told that the light scribe beats the hell out of the drive and the optics.
Nope, it was a Mac Combo Drive. CD read/write and DVD read. I had an external that's a Lightscribe, but I've never used it for that. My dad's made a couple Lightscribe disks, and they don't look too bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm
Fresnel
Do it yourself Fres. I'm pretty sure you can get a bare bones laptop kit with instructions online.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:11 pm
I'm addicted to way too many TV series and buy the various DVD collections. Just grabbed the complete original 1965 Johnny Quest season 1 on DVD last week. At least I got it at Costco instead of some video specialty shop.

And computers/electronics. I need to replace my dead desktop ASAP. And I bought a second generation 16 gigabyte iPod Touch (which I keep in my shirt pocket every bloody moment I'm awake!)

I've socked aside just enough money to pick up a new Russian American Armory Saiga rifle. I just can't chose between .223 or 7.62 x 39.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:03 pm
Well I'm a poor, jobless, SOB right now, so I don't spend much of anything on much of anything, but when I do have money, my gun list is at like 20 now, and I really want a 360 and have about ten games on my list for it. And there's a couple more ocarinas I want, though they generally aren't that expensive.

I need a @#$&#xin;g job.

scream  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 pm
Floyd
I'm addicted to way too many TV series and buy the various DVD collections. Just grabbed the complete original 1965 Johnny Quest season 1 on DVD last week. At least I got it at Costco instead of some video specialty shop.

And computers/electronics. I need to replace my dead desktop ASAP. And I bought a second generation 16 gigabyte iPod Touch (which I keep in my shirt pocket every bloody moment I'm awake!)

I've socked aside just enough money to pick up a new Russian American Armory Saiga rifle. I just can't chose between .223 or 7.62 x 39.

I would stick to the x39 if you're going to get .223 then get a rifle that is more accurate and uses the .223s advatage.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:45 pm
ArmasTermin
Well I'm a poor, jobless, SOB right now, so I don't spend much of anything on much of anything, but when I do have money, my gun list is at like 20 now, and I really want a 360 and have about ten games on my list for it. And there's a couple more ocarinas I want, though they generally aren't that expensive.

I need a @#$&#xin;g job.

scream

Video games and consoles go down in price until they're completely replaced by a new version, at which they hit the lowest and stick there.

Firearms collect in value.
My opinion get the firearms first, since no one is trying to ban video games.
... oh wait.
Well, banning video games isn't really their top priority atm.  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:35 pm
ArmasTermin

I need a @#$&#xin;g job.

scream

The new price for a 360 is $200  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 pm
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

I need a @#$&#xin;g job.

scream

Video games and consoles go down in price until they're completely replaced by a new version, at which they hit the lowest and stick there.

Firearms collect in value.
My opinion get the firearms first, since no one is trying to ban video games.
... oh wait.
Well, banning video games isn't really their top priority atm.

Well of course guns are first. I like video games. Video games are fun. But I don't need them.  

ArmasTermin

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:13 pm
OberFeldwebel

Image 1

image 2

If it wasn't for the upcoming midterms I'd be working longer hours and getting more money.

The engine was pretty much thrown in there and made to work with parts they found in their garage. Maybe that's too good, parts they probably pulled from a dumpster behind a Napa autoparts store.

omg want want want.

User Image
User Image

My money pit. Getting a new motor this spring hopefully.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:13 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Do it yourself Fres. I'm pretty sure you can get a bare bones laptop kit with instructions online.
It's $60 if I want a replacement Combo drive, $100 more for the upgrade to a Superdrive, which can burn DVDs. If I do this myself, I'll have to take off the topcase, the speakers, and a half-dozen other things that I could break or lose a screw in the process of removing. I think I'm gonna wait on it until I have a job, and then I'll buy a 500GB drive and upgrade that at the same time.

Is it bad that I would actually prefer a downgraded system? I'd KILL for a G5. Wish they'd made G5 laptops...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:26 am
Maelthra Reloaded
OberFeldwebel

Image 1

image 2

omg want want want.

My money pit. Getting a new motor this spring hopefully.

Coool! What kind of motor?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Another thing that I'd like to sink money into.
I know I know, it's in Russia and I think that if I do get one I would have to buy it from there and ferry it across the ocean. Also parts would be a b***h.
This will probably be a 'if I won the lottery' kind of thing.

Watch it now, I think there's a difference between laptop and desktop drives.
I think the laptop drives are 2 1/2" plates and 9mm high. Desktop drives are 3 1/4" plates and I think a 1/2" high. Some are even 5 1/4" inch plates.

Same with the memory, but you probably know that.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff