Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Q & A Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Russia-tan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:42 am
I felt this was necessary for newer fans to APH, and to keep the main forum organized if we get alot of new members at any time. e.e

Also, because Russia has a question. ;_;

The -tan. I've never found out what the whole -tan thing was about. e.e

I mostly use it as an identifier in my stories. Like, instead of saying "America went to Russia for such-and-such" and confusing everyone, I use it "America-tan went to Russia for such-and-such."

.___.; So is there any other significance other than that?

Also, if you have any questions yourself, feel free to post them here. e.e
I'm sure a veteran fan or someone with equal knowledge will help you out. ewe

*enjoys organization*
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:12 pm
Well, you know the honorific -chan, like a cutesy way to refer to someone? -tan is just.. an even more ridiculously cutesy version of -chan. It's come to be most frequently applied to gijinka (anthropomorphized) characters like our countries or, for example, Dreamcast-tan:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Skizzors
Crew

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:36 pm
Yeah I thought it was used for the moe anthropomorphism.

Wikipedia says: "Many names of these girls end with -tan (たん), which is a child's mispronunciation of -chan (ちゃん), an informal, intimate, and diminutive honorific suffix for a person used for friends, family, and pets. In this case, the mispronunciation is used intentionally to achieve the contrived cute or charming effect that is commonly associated with its use by young children."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 pm
Awww. xD

Thank you for answering, you guys! ^o^

I would've searched on Wiki myself, but my computer dislikes Wiki for some reason or another. >>;
User Image

Russia-tan

Saigo no Uta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:50 pm
Thanks for making this thread, Russia! - 3-

Because I've been meaning to ask...

Is HRE = Germany?
This page [@tearjerker] clearly says so, but I'm yearning for confirmations. @@;;

EDIT: HRE is Holy Roman Empire, btw. xD;;

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:56 pm
Saigo no Uta: I knew a wee bit about this question, but it's a toughy, so Google helped clarify.

The Holy Roman Empire was a loose association of territorial states; its official title was the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation. Considering it a predecessor of APH Germany is really a stretch, as in reality it included a good deal of European countries: Liechtenstein, Poland.. some bits of Italy.. ninja (one of the scanlated strips dealt with this: the HRE wanted all of Italy, but only had a few vital regions select territories).

When the HRE dissolved, the territories began reforming into their own sovereign states. All of the German-speaking areas outside of Austria were united under Prussian rule in 1871 as the German Empire, which itself fell with the end of World War I and was replaced with the Weimar Republic and I thiiiink I can stop now..  

Skizzors
Crew

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 pm
Yeah I remember reading something like "HRE and Italy were friends when they were young and then separated but didn't recognize each other when they met up again later."

...xD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm
So technically... they're the same person?

...Oh lawd. Thank you lots.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Madame Royale: Well, HRE originally mistook Chibitalia for a female, right? >w>;;

Ajdkljadfls. Now I feel dumb for asking a spoilerific question.

Saigo no Uta

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:51 pm
Okay okay okay okay okay!
=D
I totally have a question!

The party at Russia's place...
IS THE PARTY POLICY ON DRINKS BYO OR NOT?
'CAUSE MY GRANDMA OWNS A BAR. ;D SO I'M TOTALLY SET.

>> I actually originally had another question that was a lot more relevant, but I can't think of it right nooooow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 pm
Saigo no Uta: TECHNICALLY.. HRE is kind of like.. FOR HIMARUYA'S INTENTS -- he took him to be basically very early Germany. From an actual historical perspective, the dissolution of the HRE led to the birth of many different European countries.. althooough, the HRE itself was led heavily by Germanic kings, so given Hetalia's slight bent towards representing the goverment.. he's more Germany than not.

Kara-chan: PLZREMEMBER <3 I love this..  

Skizzors
Crew

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 pm
Ah-ha!

Kumajiro(u).
For the sake of my own curiosity, how does Himaruya write his name? Meaning, is his name written with kanji, katakana, hiragana, or some combination?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:05 pm
@Skizzors: OH. I see, I see.
Thank you again~ 4laugh

Saigo no Uta

Seamania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:48 pm
Quebec-tan

Who is he? D8 I've heard a lot of people mention a cannon Quebec but I've yet to see anything official regarding him.

It's driving me crazy!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 am
Same for me..

Is it the polar bear? xD  

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:10 am
I think (don't quote me on it) a Quebec appeared in a single strip, but wasn't really fleshed out as a character..? Sort of like Lady-Greece..

The polar bear is Kumajirou.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces